The state of not flowing.
The state of not moving.
Lack of Activities.
Lack of Growth.
Lack of Development.
It is a force keeping one on the same spot ridiculously.
To cease to be active.
A state of lacking creative drive.
A state of lacking foresight.
1. GOD WANTS US TO GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH
Psalm 84 v 7
“They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth
“They grow stronger and stronger with every step forward, and the God of all
gods will appear before them in Zion.”
Our God is a dynamic God, a progressive God.
God wants us to go from strength to strength as we journey on in life.
God wants us to grow stronger and stronger with every step forward.
God does not want us to be stagnated in life.
The level you are now is not your final destination.
Nothing must keep you frozen on one spot.
You are created and mandated to increase, progress, possess your possession and
multiply the earth.
2. GOD WANTS US TO GROW FROM GLORY TO GLORY
2 Corinthians 3 v 18
“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,
are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit
of the Lord.”
“None of our faces are covered with a veil. All of us can see the Lord’s
glory and think deeply about it. So we are being changed to become more like him so that we have more and more glory. And this glory comes from the Lord, who is the Holy Spirit.”
“We can all draw close to him with the veil removed from our faces.
And with no veil we all become like mirrors who brightly reflect the
glory of the Lord Jesus. We are being transfigured into his very image
as we move from one brighter level of glory to another.”
You are mandated to manifest glory.
John 2 v 11
“This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and [a]manifested His
glory; and His disciples believed in Him.”
Your glory is your UNIQUE CAPACITY to move from one level to another level
Psalm 84 v 11
“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No
good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.”
The Creation is awaiting your Glory manifestation and not your explanations.
Romans 8 v 19
“For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of
the sons of God.”
Your glory shall not be stagnated in Jesus name.
3. WHAT IS A SPIRITUAL STAGNATION
Deut. 1 v 6 & 7
v.6 “The Lord our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long
enough in this mount:”
v.7 “Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites,
and unto all the places nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale,
and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto
Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates.”
1. Stagnation is an anti-progress force from the pit of Hell. It is not from God.
2. Anything that is stagnated will stink.
3. Stagnation makes one to lag-behind.
4. Stagnation is a big barrier between you and your promise land.
5. Stagnation is a trap that holds one down until it is too late.
6. Stagnation is a waster, emptier.
7. Stagnation is a frustrating weapon.
8. It is a force behind inability to finish well, exams, projects etc.
9. Stagnation prevents new things from coming into one’s life.
10. Stagnation makes one to stand still at the devils bus stop.
11. School of stagnancy is full of candidates while school of progress is crying for
12. Stagnation brings depreciation, gradual depreciation, defeat and shame.
13. Stagnation does not make one to fit into the company of successful people.
14. Stagnation is a Glory killer and it deflates Glory gradually.
15. Stagnation makes one to see goodness without possessing them.
16. Stagnation makes one to be in the midst of plenty and yet the person is suffering.
17. Stagnation is a waster of Anointing, Calling and Talents.
18. Stagnancy enrols one in the Register of ZERO CATCHERS.
19. Stagnation messes up destinies
20. It reduces one’s eagle to a helpless chicken.
21. It clips and removes one’s feathers of Progress.
22. Stagnation makes one to be tired of life generally.
23. It makes one to receive insults from the least expected quarter.
24. It downgrades Superior to Inferior quarter.
25. Stagnation removes one’s crown of celebration and wears that of defeat.
26. No one celebrates anyone stagnated. No one patronises stagnated ventures.
27. Stagnation makes one to become the Dustbin of life.
28. Stagnation does not make people recognize you.
29. Stagnation throws you into the wilderness of loneliness.
30. Stagnation makes you feel God has forgotten and forsaken you
31. It brings confusion, irrational decision and action.
32. Stagnation makes you settle down for what and where you don’t like.
33. Stagnation makes your contemporaries overtake you on a journey you started
together while you are making time in one spot.
34. Stagnation will not allow you to be found at the place and time where goodness is
35. Stagnation does not allow many good things, helps and helpless to reach you.
Only God can rescue you.
36. Stagnation will make people to forget you despite your gifts, talents and
potentials. They will ignore and by pass you.
4. SOME FACTORS THAT CAN CAUSE STAGNATION
1. LIVING WITHOUT A PURPOSE IN LIFE. No goals, no direction, no focus, no
ambition. Such people wake up without any plan. They just take what life brings
them. No direction. Remember that if you don’t put anything into the day, you will
get nothing from it.
2. SELF-DEVELOPMENT. Life is dynamic. You must be able to move with the
changes at a particular season. Gone are the days that people survive in the Banks
with ordinary G.C.E. O/L. For you not to be stagnated, you must upgrade yourself
adequately to be relevant these days.
3. MISTAKES AND ERRORS CAN STAGNATE YOU. All you need do is to correct
them and move on. There is no perfect man on earth. Go to God in prayers to give
you another opportunity.
4. LACK OF DIVINE ORDAINED HELPERS. In John 5 v 1 – 8, the man by the
pool of Bethsaida was stagnated for 38 years for lack of helpers but when Jesus visited
the pool, Help came to him and 38 years old stagnation yoke destroyed. My you
receive divine help to terminate long time stagnation in your life in Jesus name.
5. PESSIMISTIC ATTITUDE TOWARDS LIFE – To be pessimistic is to have a
negative mind set. Never see anything good/positive in life. That is not the mind of
Christ. This negative attitude will stagnate you until you trust the word of God in
Mark 10 v 27, with me it may not be possible but not with God for with God all
things are possible.
6. PROCRASTINATION – Leaving what is supposed to be done today till tomorrow
will invite stagnation. Procrastination is the graveyard of good ideas.
7. KEEPING WRONG COMPANY
1 Cor. 15 v 33
“Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”
If you move with rebellious people you will be stagnated forever. Ps. 68 v 6b –
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
If you are an eagle but keep company with chickens, bats, ducks and ostriches,
you will be stagnated and regimented. Bats can’t fly high and are partially
blind. Chickens fly very short distances, Ostriches cannot even lift up
themselves. Select your company. Don’t move with failures. Prov. 13 v 20. “He
that walketh with wise me shall be wise, but a companion of fool shall be
destroyed. Remember deep calleth unto deep and Iron sharpneth iron”
8. TRUSTING IN THE ARM OF FLESH
Psalm 127 v 1
“Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless
the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain.”
9. SINFUL LIFESTYLE
Jeremiah 5 v 25
“Your iniquities have turned these things away, And your sins have withheld
good from you”.
10. DESTRUCTIVE HABITS UNDEALTH WITH
11. CHARACTER PROBLEMS
12. WICKED SPIRITUAL ATTACKS
13. LACK OF WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING -Eccl. 9v15 –
14. GIVING UP TOO SOON
15. COMPROMISING YOUR FAITH AND GODLY PRINCIPLES
Prov. 11 v 3
“The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the
unfaithful will destroy them.”
16. NOT TITHING, NOT SOWING SEEDS, ALL THESE LEAD TO FINANCIAL
17. PRAYERLESSNESS AND LACK OF SPIRITUAL EXERCISES.
18. LACK OF FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE TO INVEST RIGHTLY.
19. LACK OF REGULAR RETREAT
Luke 6 v 12
“Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and
continued all night in prayer to God.”
20. IF YOU REFUSE TO UNWIND, GO ON VACATION AND REWARD
21. INABILITY TO SEE BEYOND NOW, LACK OF INSIGHT AND SO ON.
5. SOME BIBLICAL CASES OF STAGNATION YOKE BROKEN
1. THE MAN BY THE POOL OF BETHESDA
John 5 v 2 – 9
v.2 “Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, which is called in
Hebrew, Bethesda, having five porches.”
v.3 “In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, [b]paralyzed,
waiting for the moving of the water.”
v.4 “For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up
the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was
made well of whatever disease he had.”
v.5 “Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years.”
v. 6 “When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been
in that condition a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to be made
v.7 “The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the
pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps
down before me.”
v.8 “Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.”
v.9 “And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and
walked.” And that day was the Sabbath.”
Stagnated for thirty eight years.
Stagnation inflicted on him:
Lack of Help
One day, Jesus visited the pool and broke the yoke of deadly stagnation in his
life. He was set free.
It is your turn today.
2. THE LAME MAN AT THE BEAUTIFUL GATE
Acts 3 v 1 – 6
v.1 “Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer,
the ninth hour.
v. 2 “And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom
they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms
from those who entered the temple;”
v 3 “who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. “
v.4 And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, “Look at us.”
v.5 So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6
Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you:
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”
The lameness from his mother’s womb stagnated him for long.
Stagnation incapacitated him.
Stagnation reprogrammed his life to become a beggar.
One day, God sent Peter & John to deliver him from the Yoke of Stagnation
3. MEPHIBOSETH THE SON OF JONATHAN
2 Samuel 9 v 6 & 7
v.6 “Now when Mephibosheth[b] the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, had
come to David, he fell on his face and prostrated himself. Then David said,
“Mephibosheth?” And he answered, “Here is your servant!”
v.7 “So David said to him, “Do not fear, for I will surely show you kindness for
Jonathan your father’s sake, and will restore to you all the land of Saul your
grandfather; and you shall eat bread at my table continually.”
Mephibosheth was stagnated in Lodebar.
David’s kindness fished him out.
The long time stagnation yoke in his life was broken.
He moved from Lodebar to the palace.
Today, every force of stagnation keeping you in obscurity shall be broken in
1 Chronicles 4 v 9 – 10
v.9 “Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called
his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.”
v.10 “And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless
me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and
that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God
granted him what he requested.”
As a result of his mother’s negative assertion on him, his life was riddled with
sorrow making him to be stagnated for long.
He cried unto the Lord and the yoke of stagnation was broken.
Any negative pronouncement behind stagnation in your life is hereby
cancelled by the blood of the Lamb in Jesus name.
6. SOME SYMPTOMS OF STAGNATION
“But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, And there shall be holiness;
The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
1. Your life refuses to progress
2. You are witnessing a standstill lifestyle.
3. You are living below your potentials
4. Nothing prospers in your hand
5. You are constantly being ridiculed by disappointment and embarrassing
6. Careerwise, you are stagnated
7. Businesswise, you are cruelly stagnated.
8. Your standard of living is falling gradually
9. Your health is deteriorating.
10. Serious marital delay is befriending your destiny
11. Embarrassing delay in child bearing for so long.
12. Despite your academic laurel and brilliance, no tangible job.
13. You are a victim of roundabout limitation.
14. Nothing positive is happening in your life.
15. A constant negative dream holding your destiny hostage.
16. Life is very cruel to you
17. Terrible attacks whenever you want to make progress.
18. You are aging without any tangible thing to show.
19. Mistakes & Errors cripple your progress.
20. You need God to intervene in your present situation.
7. HOW TO OVER THE SPIRIT OF STAGNATION
3. Obeying the principles of God
4. Living Holy
5. Upgrade yourself
6. Pursue your goals with tenacity
7. Shun Distractions
8. Be focused and determined
9. Take a step of faith to start something new today
10. Hearing God
11. Deliverance Ministration
12. Counselling and Mentorship
1. Daily as I live, often as I breath
2. You are God, from beginning to the end
3. I will not be silent, I will always worship you
4. I make room for two, You and I Jesus
1. Spirit of Stagnancy, I bind you in the name of Jesus.
2. Spirit of Stagnancy, I curse you to the root in Jesus name.
3. Every Yoke of Stagnancy disturbing my life, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
4. Every Arrow of Stagnancy fired at my progress, backfire in Jesus name.
5. Every pattern of stagnancy in my family, I am not your candidate, be cancelled in
6. Every Garment of Stagnancy I am wearing unknowingly, catch fire in Jesus name.
7. Every wind of stagnancy blowing against my lifting, disappear in Jesus name.
8. Spirit of Hindrance/disturbance in my life, I bind you in Jesus name.
9. Every curse of stagnation over my life, work and family, be broken in Jesus name.
10. Satanic Padlock of Stagnancy working against my progress, break by fire in Jesus
11. My wing of success will not be removed in Jesus name.
12. My wing of Progress/Breakthrough will not be removed in Jesus name.
13. My wing of Glory/Achievement will not be removed in Jesus name.
14. My Glory (Financial) will not fly away in Jesus name.
15. My lifetime glory will not suddenly disappear in Jesus name.
16. Any Evil concrete binding me to the same spot over the years, scatter by thunder in
17. Anything responsible for Stagnation in my life, be removed and die in Jesus name.
18. Every enemy of my divine progress, fail in your assignment in Jesus name.
19. Every spirit of non-Achievement hovering over my destiny, perish in Jesus name.
20. Every strongman delegated against my work to cause stagnation, die in Jesus name.
21. Negative prayers/prophesies/predictions causing stagnation in my life be cancelled in
22. Every serpent of stagnation biting my work in Jesus name die by fire.
23. Sudden anointing from on high to possess my possession, fall on me in Jesus name