- WHAT IS STRANGE FIRE?
- Lev. 10 v 1 – 2 (NADAB AND ABIHU)
v.1 “And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.”
v.2 “And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.”
- A strange fire is an odd fire.
- A forbidden fire.
- No healthy fear and reverence of God. – Psalms 111 v 10a
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:”
- An Unauthorized fire.
- A Profane fire.
- An Unholy fire.
- A Foreign fire.
- A Weird fire.
- An Unusual fire.
- An Alien fire.
- An Alien Offering.
- An Offensive fire.
- A fire that God rejects.
- A fire God frowns at.
- A proud offering, given without humility.
- Deviation from the norms of God.
- Covering your sins.
- Usurping authority and roles.
- Nadab and Abihu (two of Aaron’s sons) offered an offensive sacrifice before the Lord.
- They disregarded the holiness of God and did contrary to His instructions by offering strange fire before the Lord which he commanded them not.
- These days, lack of the fear of God and reverence for Him are making many to offer strange fire before the Lord.
- AUTHORIZED FIRE FROM GOD
- FIRE OF PENTECOST
Acts 2 v 1 – 4
v.1 “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.”
v.2 “And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.”
v.3 “And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.”
v.4 “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
- On the day of Pentecost, there appeared unto the people CLOVEN TONGUES LIKE AS OF FIRE AND IT SAT UPON EACH OF THEM.
- This is an approved fire from heaven.
- JOHN THE BAPTIST CONFIRMED THE FIRE
Matt. 3 v 10 & 12
v.10 “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.”
v.12 “Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”
Luke 3 v 16 & 17
v.16 “John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire”
v.17 “Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.”
- FIRE ON THE ALTAR
Lev. 6 v 12 & 13
v.12 “And the fire upon the altar shall be burning in it; it shall not be put out: and the priest shall burn wood on it every morning, and lay the burnt offering in order upon it; and he shall burn thereon the fat of the peace offerings.”
v.13 “The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out.”
- OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE
Heb. 12 v 29
“For our God is a consuming fire.”
Deut. 4 v 24
“For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.”
- FLAMING FIRE
Psalm 104 v 4
“Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire”
- FLAME OF FIRE
Exod. 3 v 2
“And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.”
- TRYING FIRE
1 Cor. 3 v 13 – 15
v.13 “Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.”
v.14 “If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.”
v.15 “If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.”
- FIRE OF GOD
1 Kings 18 v 36 – 38
v.36 “And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.”
v.37 “Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.”
v.38 “Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.”
- REFINER’S FIRE
Malachi 3 v 2 & 3
v.2 “But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap”
v.3 “And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.”
- GOD WILL CHALLENGE STRANGE FIRE WITH HIS FIRE
- 2 Chr. 26 v 16 – 21 (UZZIAH THE KING)
v.16 “But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.”
v.17 “And Azariah the priest went in after him, and with him fourscore priests of the LORD, that were valiant men”
v.18 “And they withstood Uzziah the king, and said unto him, It appertaineth not unto thee, Uzziah, to burn incense unto the LORD, but to the priests the sons of Aaron, that are consecrated to burn incense: go out of the sanctuary; for thou hast trespassed; neither shall it be for thine honour from the LORD God.”
v.19 “Then Uzziah was wroth, and had a censer in his hand to burn incense: and while he was wroth with the priests, the leprosy even rose up in his forehead before the priests in the house of the LORD, from beside the incense altar.”
v.20 “And Azariah the chief priest, and all the priests, looked upon him, and, behold, he was leprous in his forehead, and they thrust him out from thence; yea, himself hasted also to go out, because the LORD had smitten him.”
v.21 “And Uzziah the king was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house, being a leper; for he was cut off from the house of the LORD: and Jotham his son was over the king’s house, judging the people of the land.”
- CHARACTERISTICS OF STRANGE FIRE
- Deut. 4 v 24
“For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.”
- It consumes good things.
- It brings pain and death.
- It genders absolute destruction
- It destroys one’s labour over the years in a jiffy.
- It traps one unexpectedly.
- It brings one from the top to level zero or minus or nothing in a jiffy.
- It makes one’s life or investment to collapse overnight
- It occurs unexpectedly/mysteriously.
- It is orchestrated from the pit of hell.
- It happens through an insignificant mistake.
- A police officer roasted with three children, through a spark in the meter placed at the entrance.
- A tanker exploding in a traffic hold-up releasing mysterious fire that burnt vehicles and occupants in rows at Ile-Ife toll gate some years ago.
- Sudden fire in a high-rise hotel somewhere in Dubai.
- A person burnt by fire sparked up by a Gallon of Petrol.
- Strange fire can lock up in one’s body spiritually.
- Strange fire in the dream causes death, destruction, loses, painful and terrible tragedies on the physical.
- Strange fire doesn’t announce it is coming to attack.
- The God of Shadrack, Meshach and Abednego can quench any strange fire.
- Can prevent it
- Can hinder it
- Can make it ineffective
- Can send it back to the Sender
- God can neutralize it with His own fire.
- THOSE OFFERING STRANGE FIRE
- Isaiah 43 v 2
“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”
- Those usurping authorities.
- Those sabotaging your efforts.
- Those coming before the Lord in the wrong way against His instructions.
- Those worshiping God wrongly.
- Those raining dark prayers against you.
- Those speaking ills of you and your organization despite your goodness to them.
- Those chasing away goodness from you and your organization and they refuse to leave.
- Those reporting you on strange Altars, shrines and covens.
- Those monitoring your activities for evil.
- Those who want your progress to crash.
- Those having evil imagination and mischief against you. – 3 v 61
- Those wolves in sheep’s clothing.
- Those sending people away from the church and they refuse to leave.
- Those who want to unseat you at all cost.
- Those harvesting where they have not planted.
- CASES OF STRANGE FIRE
- If you’ve ever had a dream of strange fire consuming you or good things around you.
- You are always prone to fire accident.
- Having the fear or torment of fire accident.
- Strange fire moving about in your body.
- Prophesies/Predictions/Warnings about fire incidence.
- Strange fire in your life.
- Strange fire in your Marriage.
- Strange fire in your Business.
- Strange fire in your Environment.
- Strange fire in your place of work.
Deliver me, Deliver me, Deliver me O! Lord
By your power, By your mercy
Deliver me, O! Lord
- I reject strange fire in my home, at work, in the air, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows of strange fire, fired into my family, backfire in Jesus name.
- Strange fire, hear the word of the Lord,
- My life is not your candidate
- My home is not your candidate
- My family members are not your candidates
- My work is not your candidate
- Wherever we lodge is not your candidate, BACKFIRE in Jesus name.
- Any Plan of fire accident against me, my family, my home, and my work, be aborted in Jesus name.
- O! God of Shadrack, Meshach and Abednego, whenever any strange fire is sent to me and my family, APPEAR in the name of Jesus, Appear!
- Whenever any strange fire is planned for me and my home when no one is around; Fourth man in the fire, appear in Jesus name. Appear !!!
- Any Altar of Strange fire against me, my family, my home and my work in Jesus name, Scatter by fire.
- Strange fire in my body system, die now in Jesus name.