Gen. 22:16-18; Ex. 19:5; Deut. 4:20; 7:6; 32:13-14; Ruth 3:9; Ps. 107:16; 135:4; Prov. 1:9; Is. 40:4; 41:8; 43:1; 45:2; Jer. 18; Ezek. 16: 4-16; Titus 2:14
Then will the Lord sprinkle clean water upon me, and I shall be clean; He will cleanse me from all my filthiness and from all my idols (Ezek. 36:25).
Being born again is one divine act, the first step of our salvation and new life in Christ. When a man is thus born again, He comes into the kingdom with a lot of liabilities. Then God’s cleansing work begins in the young believer.
That is, the hand of the Lord is needed to do the work of cleansing and tidy up the life so that the glory of God can show forth in such a life. Until you get to a level of cleansing, the glory of God cannot manifest.
Peter and John were unschooled untrained men. But when the religious leaders of the Sanhedrin heard what proceeded from their mouths, they concluded that they must have been with Jesus (Acts 4:13). God had tidied up their lives, and was showcasing them.
There is a day, a time, a season that God has ordained for His divine visitation of cleansing. In Ezekiel 16:4 – 16, we see an encapsulated metaphor of God’s cleansing work in our lives. Right from the day a man is born wriggling in blood, someone has been cleaning up the mess.
This represents God’s cleansing work in the core of our beings. We need the hand of God to do the tidying up, so that his glory can be revealed in our lives. That is why God said in Isaiah 40:4, Every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill brought low; the crooked places shall be made straight and the rough places smooth.”
It is after the tidying up that the glory can be revealed, not before. (It is so that the glory does not destroy you because you cannot handle the glory any other way.) The glory that comes after the cleansing will bring out the beauty of God in you to ward off the enemies. By then, the Word of God has become one with you and your character.
Another scenario of cleansing or tidying up is seen in Jeremiah 18:1-6:
The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying: “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel!”
God took Jeremiah to the house of the potter to illustrate vividly to him (and to us) His power to reshape us into useful vessels, to reconfigure us to His divine purposes.
When God tidies up a man’s life, there is a departure from the old order to a new God-ordained order. There is regeneration, restoration and recovery, a renewed image and complete transformation of that which is human after the order of divinity.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GOD CLEANS UP YOUR LIFE
- When God tidies up your life, He will first visit your foundation.
- When God tidies up your life, He removes all the traces of bitterness.
- When God tidies up your life, He takes away garments of shame and reproach.
- When God tidies up your life, He detaches every evil attachment.
- When God tidies up your life, He reverses every evil verdict concerning you.
- When God tidies up your life, He breaks every curse and all evil covenants.
- When God tidies up your life, He breaks every barrier and lifts all satanic embargoes.
- When God tidies up your life, He removes every scare.
- When God tidies up your life, He recovers and restores all stolen virtues/ benefits.
- When God tidies up your life, He terminates all on-going satanic projects in your life, including sickness, and then starts a good project in your life.
- When God tidies up your life, He gives you beauty for ashes.
- When God tidies up your life, He makes all Lots surrounding you to depart.
- When God tidies up your life, He opens your eyes to fresh opportunities around you.
- When God tidies up your life, He makes your mockers to cover their mouths in shame.
- When God tidies up your life, He disappoints the craftiness of wickedness.
- When God tidies up your life, you will have a voice and be accepted where you had been rejected.
- When God tidies up your life, He places a “Touch not my anointed” badge on you and your enemies will be helpless to do you any harm or evil.
- When God tidies up your life, He gives you a new song.
- Anytime I get to any bridge of challenge and difficulty, O Lord, give me the grace to cross it, in Jesus name.
- Any bridge that the enemy has said will determine the end of my life, today, O Lord, give me the wings and grace to cross over.
- Any bridge or river in my father’s house, in my mother’s house, swallowing good things, by the grace of God, by the presence of the Almighty, I receive the grace to crossover, in Jesus name.
- Every predetermined destination that the enemy has determined will be my last bus stop, I decree, by the mercy of God, by the anointing of the Holy Spirit, it will be the beginning of a better life for me, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, amongst the multitudes, locate me for an unforgettable encounter, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, advertise Your power in my life, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, concerning that matter . . . (mention it), let me hear joy ( 51:8).
- O Lord, every conclusion, programme, determination or expectation of my enemies concerning me this year, I declare them null and void, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, encourage me and surprise me, in Jesus name. My life must reject evil pattern, in Jesus name.
- Lord, let my appearance before You at all times be crowned with testimonies; glorify Yourself in my situation in Jesus name.
- By the anointing exceptional and unusual, the anointing of the Holy Spirit, my case shall be set apart, in Jesus name.
- Everything negative in my foundation that I brought into Christianity, by the living hand of the living God, let there be cleansing now, in Jesus name.
- In any way that my destiny has been attracting negativity, advertising failure and non-achievement, by the hand of God that tidied up the destiny of Jacob and changed it to Israel, let my life be tidied up, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, remove every trace of bitterness from my life, in Jesus name.
- Every power resisting the tidying up of my life, today the Lord will sacrifice them, in Jesus name.
- Any power obstructing the cleansing of my destiny, be frustrated by the Holy Ghost, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, tidy up my life, in Jesus name.
- Every dark stain on the horizon of my glory by the blood of Jesus, I decree them cleansed away, in Jesus name.
- Every evil attachment that has been following me, not allowing my glory to break forth, by the hand of God and the fire of the Holy Ghost, let there be a detachment, in Jesus name.
- Every outstanding judgment of evil against me, verdict of failure, death militating against my progress, by the authority in the Word of God, I command them cancelled by fire, in Jesus name.
- Every curse of hindrance, covenant of set-backs that I have been going through, by the authority of God, be destroyed, in Jesus name.
- Every stone of offence or blockage, barrier, embargo that the enemy has put on my way, let them be destroyed by fire, in Jesus name.
- Every scar of past affliction in my life, by the mighty hand of God, be removed, in Jesus name.
- All my glory and virtue that has been lost, be restored by the hand of God, in Jesus name.
- All my virtues hanging in the roof of my father’s house through my umbilical cord, within the next 24 hours, let the recovery hand of God recover them back to me, in Jesus name.
- Every ongoing satanic project in my life, marriage, destiny, that has been defacing me, by the power of God, terminate by fire in Jesus.
- O Lord, tidy up my head (. . . my marriage, calling, ministry, work), in Jesus name.
- O Lord, tidy up my life for the manifestation of Your glory, in Jesus name.
- Every Lot surrounding my life, O Lord, let them separate by fire, in Jesus name.
- The tidying-up that will advertise my ministry, Lord, do it, in the name of Jesus.
- Every one that has made me an object of mockery, as the Lord begins the operation of tidying up, God will make them cover their faces in shame, in Jesus name.
- My glory, by the cleansing drive of God, manifest, in Jesus name.
O Lord, by Your cleansing and tidying-up authority and power, put a new song in my mouth, in Jesus name.