- WHAT IS CORRUPTION
1.To change from good to bad.
2.To waste or spoil
3.To defile or corrupt
4.Enticement from good to evil
6.To vitiate (spoil) integrity
- WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT CORRUPTION
- Romans 5 v 12
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned”
- Corruption scripturally speaking is the state of moral contamination and spiritual decay expressed through disobedience towards God.
- It is a state of decay, pollution, or incorrectness.
- Corruption is one of the effects of sin that resulted from the fall of man.
- Through the disobedience of Adam and Eve by eating the forbidden fruit, sin brought pollution, contamination and decay to human nature of everyone born thereafter.
- Corruption can be termed spiritual death. 2 v 17 “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
- FROM CORRUPTION BONDAGE INTO GLORIOUS LIBERTY
- Romans 8 v 18 – 21
v.18 “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”
v.19 “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.”
v.20 “For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,”
v.21 “Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.”
- Our redemption has delivered us from the bondage of corruption.
- We must live a sanctified lifestyle so as not to be drawn back into boundage
- Gal. 5 v 1 “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
- COME OUT OF THE PIT OF CORRUPTION
- Isaiah 38 v 17
“Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.”
- By the blood that was shed on calvary, we must not be sunken in any pit of corruption.
- I see God bringing you out of the various pits of corruption in Jesus name.
- Come out of the pit of ……………… in Jesus name
- That Sickness
- That Disgrace
- That Failure
- That Troublesome Position
- That Shame
- That Terrible Disappointment
- That Frustration
- That Ridicule
- That Temptation
- That Health Challenge
- That Tight Corner
- That Terrible Storm
- That Financial Mess
- That Denial (Visa, Entitlement, Promotion)
- That Gang Up & lies
- That Misrepresentation
- That staying without Income, Job, Occupation
- That Inability to Progress in Life
- That Inability to settle down
- That Lack of Helpers
- That Inability to do well
- That Spiritual Problems
- That Health Challenge
- That Wrong Mental Profile
5. GOD MUST BRING YOUR LIFE OUT OF CORRUPTION
- Jonah 2 v 6 – 10
v.6 “I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.”
v.7 “When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”
v.8 “They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.”
v.9 “But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.”
v.10 “And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.”
- Like Jonah prayed unto the Lord out of the fish’s belly, many must cry unto the Lord to bring their lives out of corruption.
- Any life ravaged by corruption can not be meaningful.
- Progress, sound health, breakthrough, advancement, lifting, achievement, developments, prosperity will be far from such life.
- It is my prayer today that God will bring up your life from the dungeon of corruption in Jesus name.
- DO NOT RETURN TO CORRUPTION AGAIN
- Act 13 v 34 – 37
v.34 “And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.”
v.35 “Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.”
v.36 “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:”
v.37 “But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.”
- Having been delivered, its not healthy to return to corruption. It is filthy and stinking.
- Galatian 4 v 9
“But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?”
- HOW CAN ONE BE CORRUPTED
- Sin/Breaking the Hedge – 10 v 8; Proverbs 26 v 27
- Wordliness generally – James 4 v 4
- Faulty foundation – Psalms 11 v 2
- Lack of Restituon – 1 Cor. 15 v 33
- Wrong Partnership – Exodus 20 v 7
- Cultism & Idolatry – Psalms 16 v 4
- Dream Attacks – Job 7 v 13 – 15
- Witchcraft Manipulation – Nahum 3 v 1 – 6
- Keeping Accursed Materials – Duet. 7 v 26
- Malice, Bitterness, Evil speaking, Unforgiveness – Eph. 4 v 31
- Lack of tacts and wisdom – Luke 2 v 52
- Knowledge Gap – Isaiah 11 v 2 & 3
- Evil thoughts, Evil imagination, Envy, Jealousy – Eph. 4 v 31 & 32
- Rebellion – Psalms 68 v 6
- Ill-health, sicknesses –
- Being heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures, unthankfulness, covetousness
– 2 Tim. 3 v 1 – 5
- Refusal to embrace new things –
- Bloodline battles –
- Wrong marriage –
- Fraternizing with evil –
- STEPS TO TAKE IN ORDER TO ESCAPE CORRUPTION
- Salvation – Hebrew 2 v 3
- Self Examination
- Beware of the Company you keep – 1 Cor. 15 v 33
- Deliverance Ministration
- Bible Reading
- Watch & Pray
- Breaking ungodly soul ties
- Sex outside the scope of Godly marriage – Gen. 34 v 2
- Wrong usage of the tongue – Proverbs 18 v 21
- Inordinate affection – Col. 3 v 5
- Jestings that are not convenient, filthy jokes, filthy conversation, pornography, homosexualism, Lesbianism – Ephesians 5 v 4; Romans 1 v 24 – 28
- Alcohol, tobacco, hard drugs
- Lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, pride of life – 1 John 2 v 16
- Fornication & Adultery – Gal. 5 v 19
- Abuse and addiction
- Disobedience & Stubbornness
- Lack of Wisdom & divine direction –
- Hearing from God and Obedience –
- Living a consecrated lifestyle – Hebrew 12 v 14
- Repentance – Proverbs 23 v 13
- Dying daily to the flesh – 2 Peter 2 v 10
- Confession of your sins – 1 John 1 v 9
- Getting rid of accursed objects – Duet. 7 v 25
- Doing the will of God
- Never give in to fear and discouragement- 2 Tim. 1 v 7
- Behave yourself wisely – 1 Sam. 18 v 5; 14, 15 & 30
- Be a Doer of the word of God -James 1 v 22
- Seek God daily – Deut. 4 v 29
- Be true to yourself – 2 Tim. 2 v 15
- Practise Forgiveness – Luke 17 v 3 – 4; Eph. 4 v 4 – 5
- Flee from Sin – 1 John 1 v 8 – 9; Isaiah 30 v 1
- Be faithful to God like Joseph – Proverbs 28 v 20
- Don’t Procrastinate – Eccl. 9 v 10
- Get and apply Wisdom always – Proverbs 4 v 7
- Avoid Worry and Anxiety – Phillippians 4 v 6 – 8
- Be Discipline – Galatians 5 v 16
- Deal with your Dominant Weakness – Hebrews 12 v 1
- Avoid Carelessness – Isaiah 32 v 9 – 11
- Avoid Pride – Proverbs 29 v 23
- Guide your heart with all diligence – Proverbs 4 v 23
- Engage in a good Warfare – 1 Timothy 1 v 18 – “This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare”.
- Psalms 16 v 10
“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.”
1.There is power (3x) in the blood of Jesus
2.There is power mighty in the Blood
- Holy Ghost deliver me by fire.
- Begin to appreciate God for His redemptive power.
- Plead the Blood of Jesus upon yourself and all that belongs to you.
- Proverbs 18 v 21
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Make the underlisted confessions loud and clear:
- My life will not see corruption in Jesus name.
- My eye will not see corruption in Jesus name.
- My Home/Family, reject corruption in Jesus name.
- My work, reject corruption in Jesus name.
- My Health, reject corruption in Jesus name.
- My destiny, reject corruption in Jesus name.
- My glory, will not see corruption in Jesus name.
- My Future, reject corruption in Jesus name.
- My Environment, reject corruption in Jesus name.
- Arrows of corruption, fired at me, my home, my work, backfire in Jesus name.
- Altar/Covens/Shrines of darkness consulted to sponsor corruption against me, my
family and my work, burn by fire in Jesus name.
- Dark agents hired to execute corruption in my life, home and work, be disgraced in
- Manipulations that may stream corruption into my life, family and work, be
terminated in Jesus name.
- Campaign/Scandal/Rumors of corruption projected against me, my family and my
work, be nullified in Jesus name.
- Doors/Routes through which corruption may enter my life, family and work, be
closed by fire in Jesus name.
- Dark Gang work that may trigger corruption against me, my family and my work,
scatter by fire in Jesus name.
- Any corruption in my body organs, drain out by the blood of Jesus in Jesus name.
- Any corruption in my family, fade away now in Jesus name.
- Any corruption in my work, project, business, disappear now in Jesus name.
- Any plan to sabotage my life, family, work with corruption, be aborted now in Jesus
- Expectation of corruption towards me, my family and work, be aborted in Jesus
- O! Lord my father, bring me, my family, and my work out of the pit of corruption in
- Any dark chain unknowingly tying me, my family and my work to any form of
corruption, break in Jesus name.
- Bondage of corruption surrounding me, my family and my work, scatter by fire now
in Jesus name.
- Altar of corruption, Shrine of corruption, coven of corruption, prison of corruption,
prepared against me, my family and work, burn by fire in Jesus name.
- By the power in the Blood of Jesus, I am free from any form of corruption in Jesus
name. My family is free, my work is free in Jesus name. Thank you Jesus.
Jesus is Lord