To pity means:
- To show Compassion
- To show Mercy
- To show Sympathy
- To show Understanding
- To show Good Feelings (a tender feeling)
- To show Good Emotions
- To show Ruth (Ruth – a feeling of Pity)
- GOD WILL ALWAYS PITY HIS PEOPLE
- Joel 2 v 18
“Then will the LORD be jealous for his land,
and pity his people.” (KJV)
“Then the Lord showed concern for his land;
he had mercy on his people.” (GNB)
“Then the Lord will pity his people and jealously
guard the honor of his land.” (NLT)
“Then the Lord was jealous for his land and
took pity on his people.” (NIV)
“At that, God went into action to get his land back.
He took pity on his people.” (MSG)
- Psalm 102 v 13
“Thou shall arise and have mercy upon Zion, for the time to favour her, yea the set time is come.”
“You will rise and take pity on Zion, the time has come to have mercy on her, this is the right time.”
“You will rise up and SHOW DEEP CONCERN for Zion, the time has come for you to show favour to it”
- GOD IS EMOTIONAL ABOUT HIS CHILDREN
- Psalm 103 v 13 – 14 (KJV)
v.13 “Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.”
v.14 “For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.”
v.13 “As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him.”
v.14 “For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.”
v.13 “A father is tender and kind to his children. In the same way, the Lord is tender and kind to those who have respect for him.”
v.14 “He knows what we are made of. He remembers that we are dust.”
- The more we desire to know God and His ways, the more God takes pity on us.
- He is very emotional about His children.
- He will show you pity on that matter in Jesus name.
- JESUS TEACHES US TO HAVE PITY ON OTHERS
- Matthew 18 v 21 – 35
v.21 “Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?”
v.22 “Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.”
v.23 “Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.”
v.24 “And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.”
v.25 “But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.”
v.26 “The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.”
v.27 “Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.”
v.28 “But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.”
v.29 “And his fellow servant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.”
v.30 “And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.”
v.31 “So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.”
v.32 “Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:”
v.33 “Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee?”
v.34 “And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.”
v.35 “So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.”
- God will have tender mercy on you in Jesus name.
- He will pity you in that situation in Jesus name.
- He will encourage your heart in Jesus name.
- GOD WILL ARISE TO HAVE PITY ON YOU
- Psalm 69 v 19 & 20
v.19 “Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.”
v.20 “Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.”
- In that area you are comfortless, God will show you pity in Jesus name.
- Where you are looking for someone to pity you, God will show up in Jesus name.
- In that area of loneliness, God will show you kindness and compassion in Jesus name.
- GOD WILL SHOW YOU MERCY & COMPASSION IN JESUS NAME
- Roman 9 v 13 – 16
v.13 “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”
v.14 “What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.”
v.15 “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
v.16 “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy”
- It is at His prerogative to show whoever He wishes mercy.
- God will nominate you for His mercy in Jesus name.
- He will show you His good feelings in Jesus name.
- He will show you His sympathy in Jesus name.
- GOD WILL PITY YOU WITH HIS RESTORATION POWER IN JESUS NAME
- Zech 10 v 6
“And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the LORD their God, and will hear them.”
- God will strengthen you in Jesus name.
- He will restore you back in Jesus name.
- He will show you mercy in Jesus name.
- He will hear you when you call on him in Jesus name.
- GOD WILL REDEEM YOU IN HIS LOVE & PITY
- Isaiah 63 v 9
“In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.”
- By His love & pity, He will redeem your situation in Jesus name.
- He will step into that musky condition in Jesus name.
- He will visit you in his love and pity in Jesus name.
- You will see the hand of God in Jesus name.
- You are in a messy situation
- You are left alone. No one shows care
- Loneliness is frustrating you.
- Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually you are drained out.
- You have no one to talk to but God.
- You need God to empathise with you.
- There is a terrible gang-up against you, you need God.
- I have no other God but you.
- Only you can do what no man can do Jehovah.
- Mercy O! Lord.
- I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from where cometh my help.
- Power of God to rain pity and mercy on me, my family and work, fall on me in Jesus name.
- According to your word in Joel 2 v 18 “Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.”
O! Lord be jealous over me, my family, my endeavour, have pity on me in Jesus name.
- Lord, as a father pities his children (Psalm 103 v 13) show me compassion on this matter (Mention it) in Jesus name.
- O! Lord my strength is failing on this matter (mention it), show up in Jesus name.
- My father in heaven, let me see your hand on this issue (mention it) in Jesus name.
- DECLARATIONS –
- God will pity you, your family, your business, your endeavour in Jesus name.
- God will show you Mercy in Jesus name.
- God will show you Compassion in Jesus name.
- God will show you Sympathy in Jesus name.
- God will show you Understanding in Jesus name.
- God will show you Tender feelings in Jesus name.
- God will show you good emotions in Jesus name.
- God will go extra miles for you in Jesus name.
- God will surprise you greatly in Jesus name.
- You will see the hands of God on that issue in Jesus name.