Gen. 49:25; Rom. 8:19; 1 Peter 2:9; 1 John 4:4; 1 John 2:14; Gen. 1:28; John 16:33; Job 28:9; Zechariah 4:6; Ps. 34:19; 1 John 5:19; 1 Peter 5:10; Prov. 23:7; 1 Cor. 15:33; Prov. 13:20; Col. 2:14-15; Ps. 129:4; Ps. 142:7; Ps. 124:7; Ps. 144:7.
“But I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a peculiar person; that I should show forth the praises of him who hath called me out of darkness into his marvellous light” (1 Peter 2:9). (KJV)
Problems abound everywhere, and unfortunately, it is no respecter of any person, gender, race, colour, qualification, academic laurels, tribe or nation. We live in a wicked world, and because of that we cannot but experience or face challenges and problems at one time or the other in our lives. Sometimes, the challenge or problem gets too tough and overwhelming that we are tempted to ask if God is still there and He still answering prayers. But because of Calvary victory obtained for us by our Lord Jesus Christ, we are more than conquerors in the name of Jesus. He conquered the world and all when he said “It is finished” while on the Cross; hence we are empowered to overcome every form of challenge and problems on our way or that may confront us.
However, we must know who we are in Christ Jesus as a result of our new birth. Let us have a better understanding of what the Bible says in 1 Peter 2:9, that “But I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a peculiar person; that I should show forth the praises of him who hath called me out of darkness into his marvellous light”. Once we are fully convinced or persuaded of whom we are in Christ Jesus; what he has done for us by redeeming us with his precious blood; what he wills and wants for us; how he wants us to behave and how he wants us to approach the challenges and problems that may come our ways; then victory shall be ours.
When we know who we are in Christ Jesus, we would be able to tackle any problem when it comes. Even though we may still be seeing some shadows of challenges and problems, yet we are no longer in the dark, because God has called us out of darkness into his marvellous light. For example, when we enter into a new day after midnight, even up to some hours later we can still see darkness until the dawn of the day. The same way by what we feel immediately after a challenge or problem, it would appear is as if the challenge or problem is still there, when the Lord has already delivered us. In such a situation, all we need to do is to command the cloud of darkness to fade away in Jesus name, and so shall it be.
Let us confess with our mouth who the Bible says we are in Christ Jesus as stated in 1 Peter 2:9:
- We are a chosen generation;
- We are a royal Priesthood!
- We are a peculiar people;
- We have been called out of darkness into the marvellous light of the Almighty God!
- We are a Holy Nation”.
In Genesis 1:28, the Bible says “And God blessed them, and God said unto them: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”. By this we have the mandate to dominate. From the very day we gave our lives unto the Lord Jesus Christ, we have been issued with a permanent ‘Certificate Of Dominion’ which is our portion, to dominate over everything, including principalities and powers in high places, over circumstances and situations; over spiritual wickedness, and rulers of darkness; hence we do not need to pray for dominion because we already have it.
In 1 John 2:14, the Bible makes it clear that because the word of God abides in us, “…we have overcome the wicked one”. Likewise, 1 John 4:4 expressly confirms the authority God has bestowed on us with the assurance that “… greater is he who is in us than he that is in the world”. Because of this Calvary dominion, we have the confidence that we shall overcome, as Christ conquered and overcame the world.
What are the causes of repeated circles of problems?
One of the major causes of repeated problems in one’s life is the wickedness of the world. It is possible you did not commit any offence worthy of attracting the problem or punishment you are receiving or the challenge you are passing through, yet it could all be because of envy of wicked people. However, there are some the things that can trigger repeated circles of problems and they include:
- Wickedness of the world
- Ungodly foundation (but God said he will have mercy)
- Self-inflicted problems, through negative mental attitude – Prov. 23:7;
- Association Barriers (walking with destiny destroyers and devaluers) – 1 Cor. 15:33; Prov. 13:20;
- Dwelling on your past mistakes – Isaiah 43:18 & 19. Instead, use the present to develop and shape your today and your future for the better. Whatever you think of yourself – whether as a giant or as a grasshopper – would eventually play itself out as you just as you have thought – Prov 23:7;
- Disobedience to God and constituted authority
- Being or operating in a wrong environment
- Engaging in destructive habits – drinking, smoking, gambling, immorality (seek medical and/or spiritual help where necessary)
- Distractions – such as making unnecessarily long phone calls, typing text messages or ‘pinging’ while on the wheels etc.
- Curses – this can fuel repeated problem. But by the power in the blood of Jesus, we are safe (Col. 2:14-15);
- Lack of organization, administration, operation, forecasting, control, communication, time management – all these can cause repeated problems if you fail to apply them (1 Cor. 12:4-5)
- Neglecting principles and appreciation
Why does God allow problems?
- Problems are not permanent, except you make it so;
- Problems keep reminding us that this world is ephemeral (temporal);
- Without a problem, most people won’t serve God. So it sieves and purges us to be on track;
- Problems keep reminding us of God’s supremacy;
- It is when we pass through problems and come out victorious that we would be able to sincerely empathise with those who would be in similar situations in future;
- Problem helps to humble us, because most people have the tendency to be proud;
- Problems or challenges in our lives can also help to develop the giants in us – to make the real thing in us to come out;
- Problems act as catalyst to awaken the sleeping giants in us for miracles and breakthroughs;
- Problems spur us into action from a comatose state of complacency;
Power of God, fall upon me x2ce
Let my problems varnish away
Fire of God, fall upon
- Every power causing repeated circles of problems in my life, loose your hold and die in the name of Jesus;
- Any power disturbing the manifestation of my glory, die in the name of Jesus;
- Strange darkness hovering over my life, fade away in the name of Jesus;
- Any power or anything that usually come to abort my manifestation; expire now in the name of Jesus;
- Any dream renewing and reinforcing oppression and repeated problems in my life, be aborted in the name of Jesus;
- All routes leading to challenges and repeated problems in my life; I close you now in the name of Jesus;
- Any cloud of problems hovering over my breakthrough; I command, fade away in the name of Jesus;
- Any dream criminal projecting problems into my life; be destroyed in the name of Jesus;
- Any mountain of problem in my life, be pulled down in the name of Jesus.
- As God separated Lot from Abraham in order to fulfil destiny, all repeated problems in my life, separate from me in Jesus name;
- Any dark power repeatedly challenging my lifting; you are a liar! by fire by force, die in the name of Jesus;
- Every circle of repeated battles attacking my rising up; destroy yourself in the name of Jesus;
- Any power tying me down to circles of repeated problems, be disgraced and die in Jesus name;
- Any negative situation in my life, family and work, sustaining repeated problems, disappear in the name of Jesus;
- Powers tying me down to repeated progress failure, break by fire in the name of Jesus;
- Every root of repeated circles of problems through my birth, disappear now in Jesus name;
- Battles of repeated problems and challenges that have entered my life through eating and drinking habits in the dream or in the physical; be destroyed now in the name of Jesus;
- Any attitude of mine, sending helpers away, disappear now in the name of Jesus;
- Enough is enough! Clouds of darkness, holding me down to repeated failures and problems, break in the name of Jesus;
- Any chain of darkness, assigned from the pit of hell to frustrate my efforts, separate by fire in the name of Jesus.
JESUS IS LORD!