- WHAT DOES THE WORD UNDERTAKE CONNOTE?
- Isaiah 38 v 14
“Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.
To undertake means:
- To take control of situations
- To take on responsibility on behalf
- To shoulder responsibilities
- To handle situations
- To tackle problems
- To manage situations
- To assume position
- To accept responsibilities
- WHEN DO YOU ASK GOD TO UNDERTAKE FOR YOU
(a) When you are at your wit’s end
- Psalm 107 v 23 – 31
v.23 “They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;”
v.24 “These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.”
v.25 “For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.”
v.26 “They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.”
v.27 “They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits’ end.”
v.28 “Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.”
v.29 “He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
v.30 “Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.”
v.31 “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!”
- When the situation is overwhelming
- When the situation is burdensome
- When you don’t know what to do again
- When you don’t know which way to go
- When you don’t know how to go about the situation.
(b) When you want God to handle the situation for you
- Matthew 11 v 28 -29
v.28 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
v.29 “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
- When situation is bigger than you.
- When the situation is bigger than you capacity.
- When the situation is crushing your faith and your strength is fast failing.
- When you are asking God to take the driver seat of your destiny vehicle.
- WHEN GOD TAKES OVER
- Jeremiah 29 v 11
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
- He makes your past a History for tomorrow’s testimonies
- He changes your level/position/status
- He makes impossibilities possible
- He removes all obstacles
- He levels all mountains and their builders
- He confronts your stubborn Goliath
- He gives you Honey out of the rock and not from the stinging bees.
- He takes over and fights your battles.
- He gives you directions and back up.
- He delivers you from the powers of darkness.
- He makes you great, and increases your greatness.
Psalm 71 v 21, Gen 12 v 2, Jer. 30v19
- He heals your medically written off diseases.
- He takes away your shame and reproach Jer. 33 v 6; Isa. 62 v 1 – 5.
- He empowers you to become what he has ordained you to be. Deut. 8 v 18.
- He restructures, re-organizes you completely.
- He touches all the department of your life and gives you values because anything God touches has values.
- He brings you out of Horrible Pits – Psalms 140
- He makes your Mess a Message
- He makes you to Arise, Stand and Shine.
- He gives you a new beginning.
- He protects, preserves, provides for you.
- He changes your story and makes your life a WONDER no matter your background.
- He makes your enemies tremble before you.
- He daily loads you with benefits
- He barricades your life with the wall of protection, joy and happiness.
- BIBLICAL CASES
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A DELIVERER
- Exodus 3 v 2
“And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.”
- He took over for the children of Israel by sending Moses
- God will send you a Helper, a rescuer, a deliverer; a kind supporter; an angel of deliverance in Jesus name.
- If you are in a tight situation now, God will make a way of escape for you in Jesus name.
- Psalm 71 v 2
“Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.”
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A MIRACLE WORKER
- Exodus 7 v 10 & 12
v.10 “And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.”
v.11 “Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.”
v.12 “For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron’s rod swallowed up their rods.”
- God took over and nullified manipulations
- Aaron’s rod turned to snake
- Swallowed magician’s snakes
- River turned to blood – Exodus 7 v 2
- Frogs came out of the waters – Exodus 8 v 6
- Dusts became lice – Exodus 8 v 15
- Let God take over your case, let the FINGER of God appear to stop any form of manipulation in your life in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A WAY MAKER
- Exodus 14 v 21 – 22
v.21 “And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.”
v.22 “And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.”
- God took over and made the Red Sea parted.
- The ransomed passed through again.
- God took over, the water returned and covered Pharaoh and Chariots/enemies.
- God will take over your Red Sea in Jesus name. Exodus 14 v 14
- GOD TOOK OVER AS GOD OF WONDERS
- Joshua 3 v 14 – 17
v.14 “And it came to pass, when the people removed from their tents, to pass over Jordan, and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people;”
v.15 “And as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest,)”
v.16 “That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.”
v.17 “And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.”
- At Jordan, God took over, He parted Jordan River for Joshua & the Israelities
- God parted the Jordan River for Elijah – 2 Kings 2 v 8
- God parted Jordan river for Elisha – 2 Kings 2 v 14
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A SITUATION CHANGER
- Exodus 15 v 23 – 25
- God took over at Marah
- He turned sorrow to Joy
- He turned bitterness to sweet
- GOD TOOK OVER AS AN OBSTRUCTION REMOVER
- Joshua 6 v 6 – 20
- Wall of Jericho
- He took over by crushing Jericho wall without explosives.
- By His power, every obstacle between you and your miracle shall be removed in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A GOD OF RECOVERY
- 2 Kings 6 v 5 – 7
v.5 “But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed.”
v.6 “And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim.”
v.7 “Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.”
- Iron axe-head made recovered –
- The sons of the prophets in a quest for enlargement lost the axe head while felling the beam.
- By prophetic divine intervention, the axe head was recovered. God took over
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A GOD OF DELIVERANCE
- Daniel 6 v 16 – 23
- Daniel saved in the dens of Lions
- Daniel was in a very dangerous situation.
- He trusted the God of the heaven and the earth.
- God took over by rendering the lions paralysed.
- In any tight situation that you are in, God will show up and take over in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A GOD OF DEFENCE
- 10 v 1 & 2
v.1 “And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.”
v.2 “And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
- Nadab & Abihu consumed with their strange fire.
- God took over by preventing the altar from desecration.
- He released fire to devour the strange fire and those involved.
- Whenever they want to desecrate you and your altar, God will take over and defend you in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS AN EVER-PRESENT GOD
- Daniel 3 v 19 – 27
- Shadrach, Mashach & Abednego were delivered from the furnace.
- They were in a deadly situation.
- God appeared as the fourth man in the fire.
- God will show up suddenly in your tight situation in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A HEALER
- John 5 v 1 – 9
- The Impotent man cured at the pool of Bethesda
- He had been
- Written off, rejected and abandoned.
- God took over his case by divine visitation and special intervention.
- He healed him specially that day.
- Let God showcase himself as your healer in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A GOD OF RESTORATION
- John 11 v 38 – 44
- Lazarus raised from the dead at Bethany
- He was confirmed dead.
- Jesus took over as the live and resurrection.
- He manifested – John 5 v 25 – “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
- Let the God of restoration show up for you in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A GOD OF POWER
- Acts 2 v 1 – 4
- 1 “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.”
v.2 “And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.”
v.3 “And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.”
v.4 “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
- The outpouring of the Holy Spirit with signs following.
- The power of God was poured upon the people spectacularly.
- God took over the meeting by His raw Pentecostal power.
- Let the Almighty God show up on your case with His upper room power in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A GOD OF HOPE RESTORER
- Acts 3 v 1 – 8
- Lame man at the beautiful gate.
- He had been battling with lameness from the womb.
- God showed up as a Hope restorer and an instant healer.
- Receive such a visitation now in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A RESCUING GOD
- Acts 5 v 17 – 19
v.17 “Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation”
v.18 “And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.”
v.19 “But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said”
- Angels opened the prison gates
- The Apostles were arrested and put in a common prison.
- God took over by sending rescuing angels to free them.
- Prison doors were miraculously opened and they were freed.
- Receive Angelic Intervention on that matter now in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A DELIVERER
- Acts 28 v 3 – 5
v.3 “And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.”
v.4 “And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.”
v.5 “And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.”
- Paul unharmed by the viper (Safety)
- They were watching Paul been attacked by a deadly viper.
- God of safety, the undefeatable deliverer, took charge.
- He was rescued and the people saluted his God.
- Those waiting for your downfall shall be disgraced in Jesus name.
- GOD TOOK OVER AS A SHAME REMOVER
- 2 Kings 5 v 1 – 14
- Naaman an outstanding man, tutored in Military expertise
- Captain of the host of the king of Syria.
- A great man, Honourable with strength & vigour.
- A mighty man in valour
- But he was a Leper
- The spoiler of his Joy.
- The Reproach in his life.
- That is what breaks his heart.
- That is what makes him hemorrhage.
- That is what people will never share with him.
- They would share his fame, position, wealth influence but not his leprosy.
- That is the reproach underneath his warriors garment.
- That’s what makes people to mock him.
- That’s what is making him to sing
“Let my God arise /2ce
Come & help me
They are waiting for my reproach ooo
Let my God arise
- God took over as a shame remover.
- He connected him to the prophetic ministry of Elisha.
- The shame was removed upon bathing seven times in Jordan river.
- Today, God takes over your longtime shame by removing it now in Jesus name.
- CONDITIONS FOR GOD TO TAKE OVER
- Surrender your life at His Invitation – John 3 v 3
- Get sanctified and filled with Holy Ghost – Acts 1 v 4 & 5
- Live a life of Holiness – 1 Pet. 1 v 15
- Live a life of Obedience – Deut. 28 v 1; Isa. 1 v 19
- Get to know him daily personally, Quiet time – Eph. 1 v 17 – 19
- Live a life of absolute Surrender and total yieldedness – Gal. 2 v 20.
- Visit Calvary regularly for purging – Col. 3 v 1.
- Be heavenly minded always – 1 Pet. 4 v 7
- O! Lord take over my life affairs in Jesus name.
- O! Lord wherever I have failed, take over in Jesus name.
- O! Lord wherever I am helpless and confused, take over in Jesus name.
- O! Lord whenever I need urgent help take over in Jesus name.
- O! Lord wherever I need a touch of healing, take over in Jesus name.
- O! Lord in any way I need provision, take over in Jesus name.
- O! Lord wherever my family needs your settlement, take over in Jesus name.
- O! Lord in any area I must be restored take over in Jesus name.
- My wife and children, O! Lord take over
- My work and project, O! Lord take over
- My expectations, O! Lord take over
- My finances, O! Lord take over
- My spiritual growth, O! Lord take over
- My tomorrow, O! Lord take over
- My progress, O! Lord take over
- Oh Lord, by your power make my life a wonder in Jesus name.
- Oh! Lord empower me for a new beginning in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, take over destiny to give my life a meaning in Jesus name.
- Holy Father, by your great power take my destiny out of horrible pit in Jesus name.
- Oh! Lord let your finger arise and stop all manipulation in my life in Jesus name.
- Almighty God, let not my life go the way enemy wanted it in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, let not wicked prevail over me in Jesus name.
- My father, let my angel of testimonies locate me in Jesus name.
- I shall laugh last in Jesus name.
- O Lord, let your power of fulfillment possess my life in Jesus name.
- O! Lord, Glorify yourself in my life in Jesus name. Amen.