2 Kings 6 v 1 – 7; Isa. 40 v 28 -31; Isa. 41 v 14 – 16; Isa. 45 v 1; Gen. 2 v 7; Numbers 17 v 1 – 5; Psalm 51 v 10; Ezek. 37 v 12.
- 2 Timothy 2 v 1 – 4
v.1 “Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.”
v.2 “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
v.3 “Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
v.4 “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.”
- Malachi 3 v 1 – 3
v.1 “Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.”
v.2 “But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap:”
v.3 “And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.”
- John 15 v 1 – 5
v.1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.”
v.2 “Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.”
v.3 “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.”
v.4 “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.”
v.5 “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
- Lev. 6 v 12 – 13
v.12 “And the fire upon the altar shall be burning in it; it shall not be put out: and the priest shall burn wood on it every morning, and lay the burnt offering in order upon it; and he shall burn thereon the fat of the peace offerings.”
v.13 “The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out.”
- Ezra 8 v 23
“So, we fasted and besought our God for this: and he was intreated of us.”
TIME OF STRENGTH RENEWAL
- Isaiah 40 v 28 – 31
v.28 “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
v.29 “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.”
v.30 “Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall”
v.31 “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
- Isaiah 41 v 14 – 16
v.14 “Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.”
v.15 “Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff.”
v.16 “Thou shalt fan them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the whirlwind shall scatter them: and thou shalt rejoice in the LORD, and shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.”
- Psalm 51 v 10
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
- Phil. 4 v 13
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
- Psalm 8 v 2
“Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.”
- Psalm 18 v 32
“It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.”
- Psalm 29 v 11
“The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.”
- Psalm 46 v 1
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
- Psalm 71 v 16
“I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.”
- Eph. 6 v 10
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”
TIME OF REFRESHING
- Lam. 5 v 21
“Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.”
- Acts 3 v 20 – 21
v.20 “And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:”
v.21 “Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.”
- Prov. 11 v 25
“The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.”
- Psalm 103 v 5
“Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
- Lamentation 3 v 40
“Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.”
- Eph. 4 v 22 – 24
v.22 “That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;”
v.23 “And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;”
v.24 “And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
TIME OF RESTORATION
- Hosea 6 v 1 & 2
v.1 “Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.”
v.2 “After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.”
- Joel 2 v 25 & 26
v.25 “And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.”
v.26 “And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.”
- Acts 1 v 8
“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- Acts 2 v 22
“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:”
- Acts 4 v 33
“And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.”
God created Adam & Eve and gave them power, authority and dominion i.e. Effectiveness. After the disobedience and fall, they lost their effectiveness and became victims. They were no longer in control.
There are various types of ineffectiveness namely:
- Spiritual ineffectiveness – the fire is no more there.
- Health ineffectiveness – down with several sicknesses.
- Financial ineffectiveness – Not having enough money.
- Marital ineffectiveness – Marriage is shaking.
- Intellectual ineffectiveness – Not having broad knowledge.
- Moral ineffectiveness – Not disciplined in all areas.
- Quiet time ineffectiveness – Not spending enough time with God.
- Giving ineffectiveness – Not following the giving principles in the Bible.
CAUSES OF INEFFECTIVENESS
- Secret Sins – Psalm 19 v 12
- Ignorance/Insensitivity – Hosea 7 v 11
- Sicknesses – Jer. 15 v 18
- Poverty and Lack – 1 John 2
- Lack of Divine Helper – 2 Corin. 1 v 24
- Unhealthy Family Life – 1 Tim. 3 v 5
- Wrong Company – 1 Cor. 15 v 33
- Prayerlessness – Prov. 13 v 20
- Worldliness – James 4 v 4
- Confusion and Procrastination- Eccl. 9 v 10
- Lack of Rest – Gen. 2 v 2 – 3
- Lack of Self-Development – Prov. 12 v 1
- Maladministration – 1 12 v 4 – 6
- Distractions – Prov. 4 v 25
- Covetousness – Prov. 28 v 20
- Wrong Company – Prov. 13 v 20 – 21
- No more fear of God – Prov. 24 v 21
- Telling Lies – Prov. 12 v 22
- Foolish Behaviour – 1 Sam. 18 v 14 – 16
- Lack of organisation –Prov. 30 v 25
- Laziness – Prov. 12 v 24
- Stagnation –Deut. 1 v 6 – 8
- Knowledge gap – Hosea 6 v 6
- Pride – Prov. 29 v 23
- Lack of faithfulness – 1 Tim. 1 v 12
- Greed – Col. 3 v 5
AGENTS OF RENEWAL/RESTORATION
- Holy Spirit
- Waiting upon the Lord in Prayers and fasting
- Knowledge and Revelation
- Locating destiny helper
- Quality Study Time
- Quality Bible Studies
- Working/walking in Love
CURE FOR INEFFECTIVENESS
- Trust in God – Jeremiah 17 v 5 – 8
- Fear God – Proverbs 19 v 23
- Strong Faith – Mark 9 v 23
- Reject unbelief – Romans 4 v 20 – 21
- Obedience – Deuteronomy 28 v 11
- Flee from sin – 1 John 1 v 8 – 9
- Discover your purpose – John 18 v 37
- Conquer Fear – Proverbs 29 v 25
- Acquire relevant knowledge – Proverbs 11 v 9
- Avoid carelessness – Isaiah 32 v 9 – 11
- Don’t Procrastinate – Ecclesiastes 9 v 10
- Stop making excuses – Luke 19 v 20 – 21
- Have the right mentality – Proverbs 23 v 7a
- Avoid Laziness – Proverbs 12 v 24
- Be diligent – Proverbs 10 v 4; 30 v 25
- Be focused – Luke 9 v 62
- Keep good company – 1 Cor. 15 v 33; Proverbs 22 v 24-25
- Take Correction – Proverbs 12 v 1
- You need God’s guidance – Psalm 32 v 8
- Avoid distractions – 2 Kings 2 v 3
- Be firm in your decision making – James 1 v 8
- Planning, Organisation & Orderliness – Luke 14 v 28
- Persistence – Luke 18 v 5
- Be patient – Hebrew 6 v 12
- Giving – Luke 6 v 38
- Wisdom – Proverbs 4 v 7
- Do away with pride – Proverbs 29 v 23
- Do a good warfare – 1 Timothy 1 v 18
- Do away with bad characters – Gal. 5 v 19 – 22
- Maximise your time – Nehemiah 6 v 3
- Don’t be desperate – Phil 4 v 6 – 8
- Be disciplined – Galatians 5 v 16, 22
- Get a mentor – Mathew 4 v 19
- Bridle your tongue – Eccl 5 v 2
- Be proactive – Est 4 v 15 – 16
- Do Prevailing and fervent Prayers – Luke 19 v 11 – 27; Pro. 29 v 18
- Be thankful – 1 Thessalonians 5 v 18
- Resurrection power, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, by your Holy Spirit, renew my strength and restore my effectiveness in Jesus name.
- Anywhere my life is leaking out the blessings of God, I seal it up by the blood of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, empty me of humanity and fill me with yourself in Jesus name.
- Empty me Oh Lord of all Corruption and vanity and fill me with Glory and Honour in Jesus name.
- Purge out my heart Oh Lord, of worldliness and idolatry in Jesus name.
- Deliver me Oh Lord from sin and remove sin from me in Jesus name.
- Deliver my hand from sin and purge sin out of my heart in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord convert my weaknesses to your strength and ability in Jesus name.
- Heal me Oh Lord, everywhere I have been wounded and perfect me for a greater efficiency in Jesus name.
- All arrows of ineffectiveness fired into my body, jump out by fire in Jesus name.
- You arrow of………………………………fired into my body, come out by fire in Jesus name.
- Memory failure
- Spiritual ineffectiveness
- Health ineffectiveness
- Moral ineffectiveness
- Marital ineffectiveness
- Financial ineffectiveness & Intellectual ineffectiveness
- You poison of……………in my body, soul and spirit, drain out by fire in Jesus name. (mention a – p above)
- All secret sin of ineffectiveness still found in my life, I destroy your power over me by the power of the cross in Jesus name.
- All weight and encumbrances of ineffectiveness in my life, I command your destruction by fire in Jesus name.
- You contrary power working in me and against me unto ineffectiveness, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
- You siege and contrary wind of ineffectiveness, attached to my life, scatter to desolation in Jesus name.
- All dreams bringing ineffectiveness into my life, terminate by fire in Jesus name.
- Deliver my life from all modern time Delilah in Jesus name.
- I shall not fall into any pit of ineffectiveness dug for me by my enemies in Jesus name.
- Thou God of Calling and Covenant, renew my hand to war effectively into victory and my feet to run without being weary in Jesus name.
- Sanctify me Oh Lord and renew me with your spirit of liberty in Jesus name.
- Baptize me afresh O Lord, with your Spirit of Righteousness, Holiness and Purity in Jesus name.
- Renew my strength O Lord, to serve you faithfully to the end in Jesus name.
- Soak me Oh Lord, with your end-time latter-rain in Jesus name.
- Fill my belly with your living waters in Jesus name.
- Let your hand of power O Lord be upon me for life in Jesus name.
- Holy Spirit, reproduce in my life, the life and Ministry of Jesus Christ in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord by your Spirit, preserve me, make me tarry and endure to the end in Jesus name.
- By the Grace and mercy of God, I shall end well and finish strong in Jesus name.
- Thank God for answered prayers.
For more resources, get my book Ministers Liberation Handbook and Pastor’s Prayer Manual @ www.woleoladiyun.com/store