2 Kings 6 v 1 – 7; Exodus 33 v 12 – 15; Isaiah 40 v 30 – 31, Eccl. 10 v 10, 2 Kings 8 v 1 – 6; Joel 2 v 25 – 26; Psalm 51 v 12; Isaiah 61 v 7; Job 42 v 10; Jeremiah 29 v 11
And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.” Joel 2 v 25
Beloved, the simple story in 2 Kings 6 v 1 – 7, contains an incredible miracle. The basic thrust of the story is contained in the fact that a group of young men determined to build a new house because the old one had become too small for them. They set out with all of them having a common and specific assignment of gathering up beams (logs of wood) so that the house could be built. They had not gone far in the venture, before the ‘felling’ axe-head which was borrowed fell and sank to the bottom of the river.
The sons of the prophets had good intentions-the quest for enlargement. In the same vein, you also have good plans for success in your business, career, academics, home, marriage and so on, for enlargement, expansion and to cover more grounds. Just like the sons of the prophet, who carried THE PRESENCE OF THEIR FATHER, you also need THE PRESENCE OF GOD to make a good success of your plans and endeavours.
The sons of the prophets invited the PRESENCE OF GOD, through THE PROPHET. No matter what you want to do, no matter your intentions, no matter your skills and talents, you need the Holy Spirit for cover, you need what I call prophetic cover, and you need THE GRACE OF YOUR PROPHETIC PARENTS to be upon you. You need to put what you have (those lofty plans) under an apostolic prophetic watch, so that God can make it work. No matter your academic laurel, no matter your skills and talents, if God doesn’t breathe on it, it won’t work; it won’t even see the light of day. “The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life” Job 33 v 4.
“And he said unto him, if thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence” Exo. 33 v 15. The attitude of Moses as illustrated should be our attitude; he desperately demanded for God’s presence because he knew the importance. In every situation, we also must consciously desire and ask for THE PRESENCE OF GOD to be with us.
Beloved, the Lord wants me to tell you that no matter how gifted you are, you need THE PRESENCE OF GOD, because there will be challenges you have to contend with in the course of whatever project or enterprise you embark on.
WHAT DOES THE AXE HEAD REPRESENT?
- It can be your means of achievement.
- It can stand for your cutting edge in your area of versatility.
- It may be your Charisma, your peculiar charisma, and if it’s lost, your axe head is lost.
- It may be your unique talent.
- It may be your skill
- It may be your Gift
- It may be your Health
- It may be the facility procured from the bank for expansion.
- The axe head could be a precious thing.
- It can be your glory, your anointing, your grace, your peculiar grace or your brand.
- It can be a good connection to your next level.
- A good connection to your enlargement
- A good recommendation or referral to the next level
- A good connection to your greatness
- It can be your means of success in life.
- It can be the power to make it, to achieve and to succeed.
- It can be the opportunities that come your way to make it.
- It can be a change or chances to make it.
- It can be a platform for you to be seen, to be heard, a platform of expression or a platform to be recognised.
- Maybe one appearance or one activity, one platform, one show, one display of talent/knowledge you will show-case for the world to see.
- It can be resources for your next level.
- The axe head may be your means of relevance, means of establishment, means of advancement and enthronement.
In John 2 v 11 “This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.” It was the miracle at the wedding at Cana of Galilee that announced our Lord Jesus Christ, the Bible recorded that Jesus manifested glory and His disciples believed on Him, if Jesus Christ had missed that opportunity, maybe we won’t be here today. His disciples were following Him but did not believe in Him, because they were yet to see proofs of His deity.
Beloved, before embarking on any venture, you need THE PRESENCE OF GOD; you need to find out from God what his mind is concerning that matter. Our youths run from pillar to post as a result of impatience and lack of focus. Isaiah 40 v 30 – 31 connotes that when the strength of the youths fails, the grace of God will come to their rescue.
It is only God that gives results for our effort and makes it to endure. The strength of the axe is in the hands of the man holding it. Everything in life has its season. But Jesus is the seasoning for all situations.
Revelations from text:
(1) The sons of the prophet desired to enlarge their habitation just like we all want to enlarge our coast in life.
(2) They had the strength to cut down beams and strength plus creativity to build. We are all gifted by God with one gift or more to assist us to make headway in life.
(3) But the sons of the prophet knew that talents and gifts were not enough. They recognized the grace of the father (Gods prophet) but today this fact is lost to this generation of highly impatient youths they requested for the father’s blessings as well as the father’s presence.
(4) Eventually the axe head was lost! Very often in the hands of people the axe head will get lost.
(5) But it would appear as if the sons of the prophet had a premonition of the incident and were prepared for the missing axe head situation that confronted them. They simply called on the grace of the father. The question is; did your father’s presence go with you on that project? Did you have his blessing? Can you boldly request or make a demand on the grace of the father?
(6) The prophet of God came to the rescue. He asked one question. Where did the axe head fall? You must recognize the point at which you lost your cutting-edge. Was it when you became careless in your way of living? Was it when you fell into sin?
(7) The man of God cut a stick and threw it at the point where the axe head fell. The iron floated whilst the stick sank into the river! Imagine if he told the young men to dive into the river and begin to search! Where the strength of a child fails; the grace of the father will come to the rescue.
CAUSES OF LOSS OF AXE-HEAD
- Sin – Isaiah 30 v 1
“Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin”
- Manipulative mistakes and errors
- Laziness and slothfulness
Proverbs 13 v 4 “The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.”
- Acidic tongues and careless talking
Eccl. 5 v 6 “Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?”
- Lack of Wisdom
Eccl. 9 v 16 – 18 “Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless, the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
v.17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools.
v.18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.”
- Insufficient knowledge
- Demoting dreams
- Distractions – 1 Cor. 7 v 15 “But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.”
- Wrong habits & Character deficiencies – 1 Cor. 5 v 6 “Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
- Refusal to follow godly principles.
- Disobedience to godly instructions and authority.
- Watch out in your unguarded hour, know how to set boundaries around you, so that you don’t lose your steam and brand.
- Through foundational afflictions.
IMPLICATION OF LOST AXE HEAD
- Much activities but little productivity.
- Motion, but little movement.
- Much efforts with little results.
- With same skill you no longer generate the same result like you used to.
- Your sphere of influence is dwindling fast.
- Where they once celebrated you, you are now being tolerated.
- Instead of commendations, your efforts attract condemnation.
- What used to work for you is no longer working for you.
- You have lost your voice where you were once an authority.
But note and be assured that the Lord is able to save you. “And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you” Joel 2 v 25.
STEPS TO RESTORATION OF YOUR AXE HEAD
- Identify where you lost it, the occasion and circumstances that led to the loss
“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” Jer. 33 v 3
- Repent and cry out for the help of God. – Isaiah 1 v 18 – 20
Isaiah 1 v 18 – 20
- “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
v.19 “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
v.20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.”
- Solicit for the grace of the father.
“But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.” – Gen. 6 v 8
- Watch your steps and the company you keep –
“Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 1 Cor. 15 v 33
- Sow restoration seed.
“And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife. – Gen. 20 v 14
“And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh’s hand” Gen. 40 v 21
“And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh’s hand” Exo. 22 v 1
- Cry for the mercy of God – Psalm 25 v 1 & 2
“Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
v.2 “O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Psalm 89 v 1 “I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.”
- He has promised, he will never fail
- Ah! Lord God, thou has made the heavens and the earth
By thy great power (Jeremiah 32)
Ah! Lord God, thou has made the heavens and the earth
By thy arms stretched out
Nothing is too difficult for thee x2…
- That is why you are called Jehovah………
- All Glory, Glory, glory to the Lord
Hosanna, Hosanna Hosanna
Blessed be the name of the Lord
- What manner of man is Jesus?
Hallelujah x 2
He made the blind to see
- Baba, Baba, Baba O, Baba, ese o Baba …….
- Things are getting better/2ce
for the Lord is on the throne,
things are getting better x 3
Things are working for me/2ce
for the Lord is on the throne
things are working for me x 3
Things are changing for me/2ce
For the Lord is on the throne
Things are changing for me x 3
I am going higher x 2
For the Lord is on the throne
I am going higher x 3
- We lift your name higher x 5
Shout halle, hallelujah x 4
- The Lord reigneth, let the earth tremble,
He reigneth let the Earth tremble.
Hallelujah is our heavenly language.
Hallelujah is our heavenly language,
is our heavenly language.
- Our God is good/3ce
He is so good
- Send down fire Holy ghost fire,
Send down fire again, Holy Ghost fire.
PRAYERS FOR RESTORATION OF AXE HEAD
- Lord I recognize where I fell, have mercy on me in Jesus name.
- By the blood of sprinkling, let the stronghold of the enemy over my axe head be destroyed now in Jesus name.
- By the mercy and grace of God, let my axe head be recovered now in Jesus name.
- Holy ghost fire (3x) sharpen my axe head now in Jesus name.
- By fire by force, I arrest every wicked manipulation from my foundation contending with my axe head in Jesus name.
- By the mercy of God, let my gifts and talents receive the fire of resurrection now in Jesus name.
- Father, let my axe head begin to accomplish double of what I lost before in Jesus name.
- Power of God to cross all hurdles, fall upon me now in Jesus name.
- Anything meant to facilitate my enlargement, but has been lost overtime, I recover, in Jesus name.
- For every endeavour that does not carry the presence of God, mercy of God hinder me from embarking on them in Jesus name.
- The platform for me to be recognised and to be heard, manifest in Jesus name.
- I command the gates of Favour, Help, New Ideas and recovery to open by fire in Jesus name.
- Satanic agenda, to keep my axe-head in perpetual captivity, be aborted in Jesus name.
- O Lord, by your mercy, reveal to me what I must do to recover my axe-Head in Jesus name.
- The spiritual strongman in charge of my missing axe-Head, be bound and be disgraced in Jesus name.
- Satanic voices speaking against my greatness, be silenced in Jesus name.
- Powers that say I will not make it in life, I command you to scatter in Jesus name.
- Horns of the wicked assigned against my Axe-Head, I command, be cut-off in Jesus name.
- Wasters assigned to waste my productive years, be paralysed in Jesus name.
- I command the season of setbacks to terminate in my life in Jesus name.
Thank God for answered prayers.