- Exodus 10 v 21 & 22
v.21 “And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.”
v.22 “And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:”
- Job 10 v 21 & 22
v.21”Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;”
22“A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness.”
- Isaiah 5 v 30
“And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea: and if one look unto the land, behold darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof.”
- Ezekiel 32 v 8
“All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD.”
- Mark 8 v 22 – 26
v.22“And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.”
v.23 “And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.”
v.24 “And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.”
v.25 “After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.”
v.26 “ And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.”
FACTS ABOUT DARKNESS
- John 1 v 5
“And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
What is darkness?
- Absence of light. No provision of light.
- Darkness cannot comprehend light. – John 1 v 5 – “And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
- Light carries life. Darkness carries deadness, fear, torment, anxiety, sorrow, hardship, failure, disorganization.
- It is an unwanted phenomenon.
- A colourful destiny inside darkness cannot be seen, cannot manifest, cannot be celebrated, recognized, applauded, or perceived rightly.
- A Nation in darkness is married to Crisis.
- A Marriage in darkness lacks joy.
- A Business in darkness will be frustrated.
- A Church in darkness is like a Grave yard.
- A family in darkness is always sorrowful
- An unmarried person in darkness will always be confused, rejected and lonely.
- A Womanhood in darkness will suffer Barrenness and reproach.
- A Manhood in darkness will lack achievement.
- Children in darkness are problematic and troublesome.
- To be going through a terrible situation that no ray of hope can be seen, is darkness.
- Darkness in life is any unexpected calamity that befalls people at any stage of life.
- It is the power of light in Jesus that can expose and conquer all operations of the forces of darkness.
FACTS ABOUT LIGHT
- 1 John 1 v 5
v.5 “This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.”
- Light was the first thing God created – 1 v 3
- Light is sweet – 11 v 7
- Darkness is bitter – Job 10 v 22
- Light excels over darkness
- 2 v 13
“Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.”
- No matter how colourful a cloth may be it cannot be seen in the dark.
- Light is of the Lord, darkness is of the devil – 1 John 1 v 5
- All manners of evil works happen in the dark –
- Ephesians 5 v 8 – 11
“For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light; for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them”
- Unfruitfulness is associated with darkness – 28 v 29
- We are to rebuke the works of darkness – Job 28 v 3; Ps. 18 v 28; Isaiah 42 v 16
- Light stands for the glory of God
- Light helps us to see things
- Light guides us as we travel
- Light dispels darkness
- Light prevents Evil/Crime
- Light promotes growth and Life
- Light warms and comforts.
SYMPTOMS WITNESSED IN THE LAND OF DARKNESS
- Job 10 v 21 & 22
v.21 “Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;”
v.22 “A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness.
- Isaiah 5 v 30
v.30 “And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea: and if one look unto the land, behold darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof.”
- Any location that does not favour your destiny.
- A place not in agreement with your destiny
- Any place that hinders your Progress.
- A place no one rises up.
- Any arena that prevents your blessings.
- A place hostile to your Success & Breakthrough.
- Any place that does not favour your Growth.
- A place the glory of God has departed. (1 Sam. 4 v 21)
“And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.”
- Any place that reduces you instead of lifting you.
- An environment rejecting prosperity.
- Any place where your business gulps money without yielding profits.
- An environment where spiritual robbers are battling you and your business.
- Any house where people don’t progress.
- A place that makes one frustrated and depressed.
- Any area where people witness common Embargo and frustration.
- A place you have overstayed your welcome and you are depreciating.
- Any place of work where you are Stagnated Heavily.
- A place satanically programmed for Poverty and Retrogression
- Any place you are not making progress and you cannot disengage.
- You don’t know why you cannot disengage
- Every attempt you make to get out is always aborted
- Any place where you loose your joy, peace, money, children and family.
- A place good things die prematuredly.
- Any place jinxed for backwardness and non-achievement.
Leviticus 18 v 25
“And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.”
- Any land that turns Destinies into Rags.
- Any place that Messes up people’s Destinies.
- Any place that Frustrates people’s Efforts.
- Any place you labour and another
- Any place you are never rewarded or you are rewarded with evil, or rewarded inadequately.
- A family where no one has ever made it is a land of darkness.
- A place where your work is always witnessing contention, crisis and opposition.
- A land of Affliction – You are abroad, and want to come back home but couldn’t.
HOW TO EXIT THE LAND OF DARKNESS
- 2 Cor. 6 v 17
“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.”
- John 3 v 16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- John 1 v 12
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
- Rev. 3 v 20
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice and open the door; I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
- John 3 v 3
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Mathew 11 v 28-30
- 28 – “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
v.29 – “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meed and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
- 30 – “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”
Emphasis “COME UNTO ME, I WILL GIVE YOU REST” says Jesus. Beloved,
- No rest in the WORLD
- No rest in WORLDLINESS
- No rest in NIGHT CLUBBING
- No rest in BAD GANGS
- No rest in CULTISM
- No rest in OCCULTISM
- No rest in IDOL WORSHIPPING
- No rest in EVIL SOCIETIES
- No rest in WITCRAFTY
- No rest in ANCESTRAL WORSHIP
- No rest in MARINE WORSHIP
- No rest in ACTIVITIES OF DARKNESS
Jesus is calling you now “COME UNTO ME, I WILL GIVE YOU REST”
- 2 Cor. 6 v 17 & 18
v.17 – “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you”
- 18 – “And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”
(Testimony of Pa Edward, who served Satan for over 50 years and repented)
- Repentance and renunciation of hidden covenants – Isaiah 28 v 14, 18
- Appropriate the power in the blood of Jesus.
- Total departure from the way of unrighteousness.
- Daily confession of God’s word in faith.
Song: I have decided To follow Jesus No turning back
Songs: 1. He is able
- Jesus shall reign, forever more
- There is power mighty in the blood
- Job 34 v 32a
“That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.”
- O! Lord my father, open my eyes to see what I don’t know about my environment, my home, my working place, my foundation in Jesus name.
- My Glory, my Glory, that of my family, jump out of the land of darkness in the name of Jesus.
- I recover back all my benefits, tied down, locked up, arrested in the land of darkness, in the name of Jesus, I recover.
- If you are outside this country or in any place, you have made efforts to return home but couldn’t, I command that power of darkness that has tied you to the land of affliction to loose you now in Jesus name.
- Any Cobweb of darkness…………..catch fire in the name of Jesus
- Waiting for me at the entrance of my house office
- On my way to do good things
- Covering my face, hands, body and legs
- Covering my brain causing spiritual blockage and brain problems.
- Waiting for me on my way for Job interview, Visa procurement, Contract deals, to meet my helpers going abroad.
- Serving as Witchcraft monitoring weapons
- Forming blanket of darkness.
- Altar of …………….in the land of darkness affecting my progress, release me let me go in Jesus name.