1 Sam. 5 v 1 – 7 (Dagon Vs the Ark of the God of Israel) 1 King 18 v 17 – 40 (Elijah Vs Prophets of Baal) v. 37 & 38; Deut. 4 v 24; Deut. 9 v 3, Heb. 12 v 29
Every strange altar resisting my glory shall be destroyed in Jesus name.
WHAT IS AN ALTAR?
An altar symbolically speaking is usually a structure in or on which a person offers prayers or sacrifices to someone or something for religious purpose or to commemorate an important event
- An altar is a place of transaction between human beings and deities; between the physical and the spiritual.
- It can be either positive or negative
- A place of covenant.
- A place of pronouncing mandates
- A place of offering tokens for renewal, to strengthen, to enforce mandates.
- A place of spiritual traffic (Angelic or Demonic traffic) Gen. 28 v 12
- A place of sacrifice
- A place of take-off of Angels or Demons
- A dispatch centre/Co-ordination centre.
- A place of taking vital decisions
- A place of enforcing decisions.
- A place of Imprisonment or freedom
- A place of making reports
- A place of legislation.
The altar of God is for positive transactions and it generates and emits sweet influences. Israel today is great- a force to be reckoned with in the committee of nations, because of the 7 Altars raised unto God by the patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- Genesis 12 v 1 – 3; 6 – 7 – Abram
- Genesis 12 v 8 – Abram
- Genesis 13 v 14 – 18 – Abram
- Genesis 26 v 23 – 25 (v.25 at Beersheba) – Isaac
- Genesis 28 v 10 – 13 (v.18 at Bethel) – Jacob
- Genesis 33 v 17 – 20 (v.20 after encounter with Esau) – Jacob
- Genesis 35 v 1 – 7; 13 – 15 – Jacob
TYPES OF ALTAR
There are villages and towns with Altars waging war against the people. These altars will be controlling the lives and destinies of sons and daughters from these communities. If you are a victim of such town or village altar, God will deliver you in Jesus name. Let us look at some of the common Altars:
- Palace Altar. If you are from a royal family, you may be under the supervision or influence or even bondage of this altar.
- Market Altar – controlling the activities in the market place.
- Polygamous Altar (Marriage of more than one wife) – Many destinies have been sacrificed or wounded on the altar of polygamy.
- Family Rivalry Altar– causing rivalry between children of the different wives or at times between siblings.
- Family/Yard/Compound Shrine Altar – This altar is common among the south eastern states (particularly the Igbos)
- Masquerade Altar – Altars in charge of families that worship the spirit of the dead.
- Cultural Satanic Altar – Makes people to celebrate ungodly events under the guise of culture. The worship satan unconsciously.
- River Altar – Marine/serpentine Altar.
- Mountain Altar
- Poverty Altar – This is the altar that promotes poverty and wretchedness in a family or community of generation.
- Tree Altar – where people worship tree, thereby connecting with the spirit of the forest (demons)
- Death Altar – This altar attracts the spirit of untimelydeath.
- Local Altar – Be delivered in Jesus name.
- International Altar – Be delivered in Jesus name.
WHAT CAN HAPPEN ON ALTARS
- People’s lives can be caged on Altars
- People’s materials can be used on Altars
- People’s pictures can be used on Altars.
- People’s wealth can be swallowed on Altars.
- People can be tied on Altars
- People’s lives can be re-programmed on Altars.
- People’s lives can be remoted on Altars.
- People’s lives can be regulated on Altars
- People’s destinies can be Manipulated on Altars.
- Peoples Glory can be manoeuvred on Altars.
- Peoples progress can be reduced on Altars
- Peoples growth can be Embargoed on Altars.
- Peoples lifting can be limited on Altars.
- People’s progress can be regimented on Altars.
- People’s Health can be poisoned on Altars.
WHAT CAN CONNECT YOU TO AN EVIL ALTAR
- If you have been taken before any Altar before for rituals, appeasement and veneration
- Swearing and pleading your allegiance on an Altar
- Eating and drinking on strange Altars
- Clothing materials donated on an Altar.
- Blood covenant being established on an Altar.
- Hairs, fingernails, Armpit, Pubic hairs, shaven hairs donated on any Altar.
- Your family names, photographs, business materials submitted on an Altar.
- You send money or materials for prayers on an altar.
- Your parents penciled your name down for succession on an Altar.
- You still dream of:
- Seeing yourself dancing around a shrine.
- Participating in a local festival.
- Seeing groups of people in a river.
- Bowing before or saluting a god or goddess.
- Masquerades chasing you.
- Wearing occult garment.
- Seeing yourself in an old family Home.
ALTAR VERSUS ALTAR
ALTAR OF THE LORD VS ALTAR OF BAAL; THE GIDEON EXPERIENCE
Judges 6 v 11 – 32.
- Gideon was destined from heaven to be a great man.
- But the Altar of his father’s house was PLAYING GAMES with his destiny/greatness.
- God wanted him to carry out an assignment to deliver the Israelites from the Midianites “And the Lord looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?
- He could not take on the assignment because of the altar of his father’s house until God Himself intervened: “Then Gideon built an altar there unto the Lord, and called it Jehovah shalom: unto this day it is yet in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
But God wanted him to do something about the altar of the idol in his father’s house; pull it down before God could use him effectively for the deliverance of his family and the nation of Israel: “And it came to pass the same night, that the Lord said unto him, Take thy father’s young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it: vs 24,25
The Altar of baal was pulled down for the altar of God to be built by Gideon: “Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the Lord had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father’s household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night. Vs 27
“And when the men of the city arose early in the morning, behold, the altar of Baal was cast down, and the grove was cut down that was by it, and the second bullock was offered upon the altar that was built”. Vs 28
It was after this encounter that Gideon was empowered to carry out God’s assignment.
THE ALTAR (ARK) OF GOD VERSUS ALTAR OF DAGON (THE PHILLISTINES EXPERIENCE). 1 SAMUEL 5:1-5
- The Philistines captured the Altar (Ark) in battle.
- Then they carried the ark into Dagon’s temple and set it beside the Altar of Dagon.
- When the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord!
- They took Dagon and put him back in his place.
- But the following morning when they rose, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord!
- His head and hands had been broken off and were lying on the threshold;
- Only his body remained.
- That is why to this day neither the priests of Dagon nor any others who enter Dagon’s temple at Ashdod step on the threshold.
The Altar (Ark) of God disgraced Dagon; the god of the philistines right in his temple. Every altar troubling your Israel shall be disgraced to day by the altar of God in Jesus name.
ALTAR OF GOD VERSUS THE ALTAR OF BAAL (THE ELIJAH EXPERIENCE) 1 KINGS 18:21-39 (EMPHASIS ON VS 25, 26, 29, 31, 32, 36, 38)
Vs 25: “And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
Vs 26: “And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made”
Vs 29: “And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded”
Vs 31: “And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name”
Vs 32: “And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed”.
Vs 36: “And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word”.
Vs 38: “Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench”.
Elijah, the prophet of God challenged the priests of baal to a contest. The priests raised an altar on which they called on their god, but received no answers. Elijah also raised an altar to God almighty and Jehovah demonstrated His power on the altar that Elijah raised to Him when He answered by fire. The altar of God disgraced the altar of baal and all his priests were put to the sword. Hallelujah! And the people had a change of heart and worshipped the God of Israel – “And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God”. Vs 39.
Sing this song:
“Who can battle with the Lord? 3ce
I say nobody” (repeatedly)
By the spirit of prophecy, every altar of baal in your foundation, frustrating your progress in life, let the God of Elijah that answers by fire disgrace them in Jesus name.
These are altars that erected just to resist good things in the lives of people;
If you are a victim of RESISTING ALTARS, by the mercy of God, be delivered in Jesus name.
Eccl. 10 v 7 – “I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth” From the hold of such altar, God will deliver you in Jesus name.
- Are you loaded but stranded? God will deliver you in Jesus name.
- Are you great but living the opposite life? God will deliver you in Jesus name.
- Are you an ‘elephant but living like an ant’? God will deliver you in Jesus name.
- Do people wonder why are you are the way you are? God will deliver you in Jesus name.
- Are you seeing greatness without achieving a measure of same? God will deliver you in Jesus name.
- Do you have a song but no power to sing it? God will give you the power to sing that song in Jesus name.
- Do you have a dance but cannot express it, God will give you a new dance in Jesus name.
- Do you have a talent but cannot express it, God will give you por for expression in Jesus name
Hear this warning beloved, God does not share His glory with any man, and He had given express instruction in His commandments thus: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me” Exodus 20: 3-5
Also, the bible says in Psalm 16 v 4: “Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips”
This is David here taking a definitive stand against idolatry, and it counted for him, as God recognized him as a man after His Own heart – “And when He had removed him, He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I HAVE FOUND DAVID THE SON OF JESSE, A MAN AFTER MINE OWN HEART” Acts 13:22. So, for God to arise for you and for His altar to speak for you, you must run away from anything that tend or appear to share God’s glory with Him.
Beloved, it is time for you to rise up and cry against strange altars resisting your progress and God’s purpose and will for your life. Let us take a cue from the scripture below; An encounter between ‘A MAN OF GOD OUT OF JUDAH’ AND KING JEROBOAM –
“And he cried against the altar in the word of the Lord, and said, O altar, altar, altar, thus saith the Lord; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men’s bones shall be burnt upon thee” 1 Kings 13 v 2 – 3
Sing these songs:
1.Holy Ghost fire, set me free,
Holy Ghost Fire, set me free.
- Holy Ghost, I need a change by fire
- By the power in the Blood of Jesus any Altar holding me down, in the name of Jesus, release me, let me go.
- Any Altar waging war against my glory, die by fire in Jesus name.
- Song: Altar standing on my way, fall down and die.
- Any connection my rising up has with any village Altar, break by fire in Jesus name.
- Altar of my Father’s house, release me by fire in Jesus name.
Altars of Mother’s house, release me by fire in Jesus name.
Altars of my village palace, release me by fire in Jesus name.
Altars of village market, release me by fire in Jesus name.
Altars of my in-law’s family, release me by fire in Jesus name.
Marine, Witchcraft & Occultic Altars, release me by fire in Jesus name.
Any negative altar that wants to:
- Paralyse your greatness shall destroyed in Jesus name.
- Mess up your potentials shall be disgraced in Jesus name.
- Make you redundant shall be rendered impotent in Jesus name.
- Make you a slave where you should be a King shall be consumed by fire in Jesus name.
- Turn you into a nonentity shall scatter in Jesus name.
- Disgrace your competence, broken in pieces in Jesus name.
- Ridicule your Heavenly investment and deposit shall perish in Jesus name.
- Every negative altar reaching against my Greatness, die by fire.
- Altars of my father’s house, Blocking my manifestations, die by fire in Jesus name.
- Altars of my father’s house preventing my lifting, die by fire in Jesus name.
- Negative altars chasing away good things from me, be pulled down in Jesus name.
- Negative altars sponsoring bad dreams against my destiny, die by fire in Jesus name.
- Negative altar affecting me and my family/work negatively, be pulled down in Jesus name.
- Negative altar causing limitations in my life and family, scatter in Jesus name.
- Negative altars resisting my rising up, die in Jesus name.