- Jer. 30 v 19 – Then out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of those who make merry; I will multiply them, and they shall not diminish; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
- Isaiah 54 v 2 & 3 – “Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
v.3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left, and your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited.
- Isaiah 60 v 22 – “A little one shall become a thousand, And a small one a strong nation. I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time.”
- Romans 8 v 19 – “For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God”.
- Isaiah 22 v 25 – In that day,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘the peg that is fastened in the secure place will be removed and be cut down and fall, and the burden that was on it will be cut off; for the Lord has spoken.’
- Jer. 40 v 4 – And now look, I free you this day from the chains that were on your hand. If it seems good to you to come with me to Babylon, come, and I will look after you. But if it seems wrong for you to come with me to Babylon, remain here. See, all the land is before you; wherever it seems good and convenient for you to go, go there.”
- Exodus 1:8 – 14; Psalm 78:41; Heb. 4:7; 1 Chro. 4:9; 2 Kings 6:25; 2 Kings 7:1-16; Psalm 3:3; 2 King 8:1-6; Judges 6:1-8; Zech. 1:18 – 21; Zech. 3:1 – 7; John 5: 5 – 9; Matt 12: 1-11; Acts 8:3; Acts 9:1-3. Ps. 20:8
- God has designed us to occupy the earth and possess everything therein without limitations. Gen. 1 v 28 – “Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
- Jabez having discovered that he had been limited for long, cried unto the Lord and God answered him. Multiple limitations were removed and the Bible says that he became more honourable than brethren. 1 Chro. 4 v 9 & 10 – Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, [a] saying, “Because I bore him in pain.”
- It is my prayer that the yokes of limitation in your life shall be broken and destroyed today in Jesus name. Isaiah 10 v 27 – “It shall come to pass in that day That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, And his yoke from your neck, And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil”.
- A limited man is a restricted man who suffers in the midst of plenty.
- He cannot go beyond the limit the enemies have set for him.
- Though he may see or know where he belongs or what he should attain but will find it difficult to get there.
- Limitation makes a man to suffer in the midst of opportunities, chances and possibilities.
- To suffer limitation is to have one’s level of joy, success and achievement determined by other people, especially one’s enemies.
WHAT IS LIMITATION?
- It is a POINT which no man can go beyond.
- It is a RESTRICTION on your SIZE, GROWTH, AMOUNT, VOLUME, CAPACITY.
- It is a spiritual operation of STAY PUT, STANDSTILL, DON’T GO FURTHER
- It is anything that keeps you in the TAIL REGION OF LIFE.
- It is anything PREVENTING YOUR SUCCESS, PROGRESS, MARRIAGE, FRUITFULNESS, EXCELLENCE.
- It is anything that DISALLOWS your STAR/TALENT/SKILL/KNOW-HOW from shinning.
- It is anything OPPRESSING you in a particular area of your life e.g. SICKNESS, NEGATIVE HABITS.
- It is anything DISTURBING YOUR GLORY/DESTINY/WELFARE.
- It is anything HINDERING YOUR PROSPERITY/BREAKTHROUGH
- It is anything REDUCING MULTIPLICATION IN YOUR LIFE.
- It is anything HOLDING YOU DOWN IN CAPTIVITY.
- It is anything holding you down to WHERE YOU DON’T BELONG.
- It is anything holding you down to WHERE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SEEN.
- It is anything holding you down to A PLACE THAT DOES NOT BEFIT YOUR STATUS.
- It is anything holding you down to A SUBSTANDARD AND DEMEANING PLACE.
- It is anything holding you down to A WRONG ENVIRONMENT
- It is anything Holding you down to WHERE YOU CAN’T MAKE IT.
- It is anything Holding you down to a WRONG PLACE OF WORK
- It is anything Holding you down to a WRONG PLACE OF WORSHIP.
- It is anything Holding you down to WHERE YOU ARE NOT WANTED.
- It is anything Holding you down to WRONG CIRCLE OF PEOPLE.
- It is anything Holding you down to SAME PA TTERN OF MISTAKES.
- Limitation is a STOPPER OF GOOD THINGS
- Limitation PAUSES good progress.
- Limitation is a NEGATIVE FORCE working against your Breakthrough.
- Limitation is an EVIL PROGRAMME by star hunters.
INDICATORS OF LIMITATION
- Rising and falling in career, business, etc.
- Uncontrollable anger and unforgiveness.
- Finding it difficult to trust God.
- Constant falling into sins like immorality, drunkenness, etc.
- Inability to read and meditate on the word of God.
- Inability to succeed despite repeated efforts.
- Parental curses and habitual breaking of covenants
- Manipulation of one’s resources and general backwardness.
- Household wickedness
- Stubborn resistance to your advancement.
Beloved, to every problem there is an already settled Calvary solution. John 3:8 says it was for this purpose that the son of God was manifested to destroy every work of the devil. To overcame limitation, we must be fully armed with God’s power and authority – James 5:13 – 16; Psalm 65:2; 1 Peter 3:12.
SIGNS OF A LIMITED DESTINY
When your life is lying down like the man that was lying sick for 38 years in John 5. When your business, career, marriage, etc. are assuming a lying position, it calls for serious prayers. Among others, a limited destiny means:
- Nobody to help you
- You are looked down upon
- Your life is constantly being trampled upon
- The progress of your destiny is at snail’s speed
- Frustration becomes part of your life
- No meaningful achievement
- You are a net liability.
BIBLICAL CASES OF LIMITATION TURNED TO DIVINE LIFTING
- Man, by the Pool of Bethesda – John 5: 1 – 9. The sick man who laid helpless for 38 years until Jesus lifted him up and healed him.
- Joseph – Gen. 37:7 – 20. Joseph dreamt of divine lifting but his brothers conspired against him to abort the dream. But these dreams came to pass despite their opposition and conspiracy ( 42:6; 43:26-28; 47:12 & 50:18)
- Dry Bones – Ezekiel 37:1 – 14. The vision of dry bones scattered in the valley without hope for years, but by divine intervention came together and became a mighty army.
- The Three Hebrew Children – Dan. 3:1 – 30. The enemies of the three Hebrew boys conspired and set them up for destruction. They were bound up and thrown into the fiery burning furnace. They landed expectedly in the centre of the fire but were miraculously loosed, raised up and walked out of the fire unhurt. They were later promoted by the king.
- Israelites at Jericho – Joshua chapter 6. Jericho was tightly shut up because of the children of Israel, but God gave the city to them without an arrow being shot.
- Paul & Silas – Acts 5:17 – 20. The high priest rose up with all the power at his disposal against the early apostles and put them in the common prison; but an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out.
- Naaman the leper – 2 Kings 5 v 1 There are some that have their limitations attached to their names or have such limitation as their overwhelming identities, e.g. Jabez in 1 Chron. 4:9 – 10, Naaman the leper in 2 Kings 5:1; Bartimaeus the blind beggar. If this is your situation too, I pray that God will remove every shame attached to your name is Jesus name.
- The four lepers – 2 Kings 7 v 3 – end, the four lepers realized that limitation by leprosy was not a good enough reason for them to sit down and wait for death. They chose to arise to make success of the situation they found themselves. I pray that you too will arise to your challenges and be celebrated. I see God doing something that will turn your situation around.
- The Lame man at the beautiful gate – Acts 3 v 1 – 6
- The Colt tied up – Mark 11 v 2 – 4
- Jabez: 1 Chro. 4:9 – Jabez’s name had placed a limitation on his destiny until he prayed to God for intervention. The Lord lifted him up and he became honoured above his brethren.
LIMITATIONS TO DEAL WITH
- Polygamous Limitation
- Palace Limitation
- Negative Dream Limitation
- Sickness Limitation
- Marital Limitation
- Financial Limitation
- Strange Habit Limitation
- Parental Limitation
- Ancestral Limitation
- Environmental Limitation
- Neighbourhood Limitation
- Blood Covenant Limitation
- African Insurance Limitation
- Character Problem Limitation
- Failure to practice kingdom principles Limitation
- Strange habits Limitation
- Character problem Limitation
Break my Yoke, Break my Yoke
Holy Ghost Fire, Break my Yoke
Shout Jesus! The yoke breaker, break the Yoke of Limitation in my life in Jesus name.
- Every power declaring an unending warfare in my life, stop in Jesus name.
- Powers that are scattering each time I am gathering be destroyed in Jesus name.
- Everything that has made limitation to become a way of life for me; be terminated in Jesus name.
- Any sin committed knowingly or unknowingly limiting me: Oh Lord have mercy on me.
- Anything in my family house that has covenanted me to non-achievement; be broken in Jesus name.
- Any spoken statement or written code roaming about creation affecting my rising up; be withdrawn in Jesus name.
- Any sacrifice or token offered periodically to renew limitation in my life and work; burn by fire in Jesus name.
- Anything in my foundation that has subjected my life to struggles and contention; be destroyed in Jesus name.
- Arrows of endless and fruitless struggles fired into my life; come out in Jesus name.
- I release my destiny from collective limitation in Jesus name.
- I rebuke every barrier to arriving at destiny in Jesus name.
- I release the work of my hand from financial limitation in Jesus name.
- I separate my life from all forms of limitation that have given my name a reproachful description in Jesus name.
- O! Lord let there be a perfect divine re-arrangement to give my life a new beginning in Jesus name.
- Every hidden reason and factor that have kept on limiting my business and destiny; be exposed for solution in Jesus name.
- All limitations passed on to me by my ancestors and predecessors; O Ancient of days, destroy them in Jesus name.
- All pegs and nails limitation frustrating my rising up in life and ministry be uprooted and be cast into fire in Jesus name.
- O Lord give me a testimony that will rattle my enemies (Gen. 45:3)
- O Lord cause this year to be my year of open heavens and monumental achievement in Jesus name.
- In all departments of my life O! Lord let there be a lifting in Jesus name.
- All powers that have tied me down to where I do not belong; loose me by fire in Jesus name.
- O Lord, bring me to my Rehoboth this year in Jesus name.
- O Lord let my mountain break forth into singing this year in Jesus name.
- O Lord that promoted and magnified Joshua, promote and magnify me in Jesus name.
- O Lord, give me a testimony that will change my prayer points forever in Jesus name.
- Let my lifting and profiting this year show clearly for the world to see in Jesus name.
- O Lord, help me not to miss any of my days of divine visitation this year in Jesus name.
- I refuse to be a slave to all my earthly achievements in Jesus name.
- I refuse to end my life where and how the enemy wants it, in Jesus name.
- I am lifted in Jesus name.
The zeal, mercy of God shall perform all these things without fail in Jesus name