Ex. 22:29; 13:2; 23:16, 19; 34:19, 26; Num. 3:13; 15:20; 18:12-13; Deut. 26: 1-11 Neh. 10:37; Lev. 23:10
The best of all first fruits of any kind, and every sacrifice of any kind from all your sacrifices, shall be the priest’s; also, you shall give to the priest the first of your ground meal, to cause a blessing to rest on your house (Ezek. 44:30, italics added for emphasis).
“Israel was holiness to the LORD, the first fruits of His increase. All that devour him will offend; disaster will come upon them,” says the LORD (Jer. 2:3, italics added).
I will honour the Lord with my substance and with the first fruits of all my increase, so shall my barns be filled with plenty and my presses shall burst out with new wine (Prov. 3:9). (KJV)
The first fruit is the practice of giving to God’s use the first and best portion of the harvest (Deut. 26:1-11). It is the first produce of one`s work, effort, or labour, i.e. first income or salary, first harvest, first gift in a year, etc.
Giving our first fruits is an injunction by God. It is a statute for all eternity and transcends all generations of humanity forever. The first fruit is the very first harvest of the year. It is the totality of your first income. You are not expected to do anything with the harvest other than to give it to God (Lev. 23:9-14). Bringing the first fruits of all crops, animals, and money is a demonstration of thanksgiving to God (Deut. 26:10-11).
The offering of our first fruits to God is a demonstration that God has first place in our lives and that our resources belong to Him. In fact, it is the first commandment in practice (Ex. 20:3). Not doing so therefore is an act of disobedience. There are blessings for obedience as there are consequences for doing otherwise. As long as you engage in labour that generates an income, there are no tenable excuses. The first fruit is prophetically ordained to watch over all the subsequent harvest for fruitful yield.
- It is the first of our income and God takes first place in our lives and blessings.
- It is to worship God, the Giver of all blessings.
- It is to honour God.
- God had respect to the offering of Abel because it was the firstling (firstborn) of his flock (Gen. 4:4).
- First fruits must be taken to the priest (Num. 18:8-13).
- The priest confers blessing on the giver (Ezek. 44:30).
WHAT QUALIFIES AS FIRST FRUITS?
- It is your first harvest of the year. It is to be dedicated unto the Lord yearly to secure your financial breakthrough for each year.
- If you start a new job, your first earning is your first fruit.
- If you are earning N1,000.00 on a job and now receives promotion to N1,200.00, your first fruit is the difference between N1,000.00 and N1,200.00, which is N200.00.
- It should be sent to the priest for blessing in accordance with the Word (Ezek. 44:30).
- It may be money, land, agricultural produce, materials, etc.
BENEFITS OF FIRST FRUITS
- Your life will be filled with plenty (Prov. 3:9-10).
- Your work will bring forth new wine (Prov. 3:10).
- Uncommon blessings will rest upon your house ( Ezek 44:30).
- No attack will come near you (Jer. 2:3).
- Unexplainable breakthrough will manifest.
- God will take care of your finances.
- Novel, creative, breakthrough ideas and opportunities will be your portion.
- You will be fruitful in the land.
- Anything you set your hands on in righteousness will receive God’s blessings (Deut. 28:8).
- Makes you to escape the sweat and struggles of disobedience.
- Lord, I thank You for Your provisions in my life.
- As I honour You with my first fruits, Lord, surprise me in Jesus name.
- As I honour You with my first fruits, minister to me ideas for financial growth in Jesus name.
- Doors of opportunities shall open unto me and my generation in Jesus name.
- Anointing of “come and see”, fall upon me in Jesus name.
- By the favour of God, my financial mountain shall stand strong.
- I receive the oil of God for fruitfulness roundabout
- O Lord, release unto me power to make kingdom wealth.
- O Lord, grant me the grace not to default in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let all my dealings and transactions be enveloped in honour and integrity.
- I will not use my substance against God who has made the provisions for me in Jesus name.
- I decree that my barns shall be filled to overflowing in Jesus name.
- Throughout this year and beyond, corruption will not enter into the work of my hands in Jesus name.
- Any situation that will not allow me to meet up with my financial obligations to God (tithing, offerings, first fruits, etc.), I reject, renounce, and resist it in Jesus name.
Sing this song:
I shall not be ashamed, my God (2ce)
Remember Your covenant with me
I shall not be ashamed, my Lord.
- Every financial, spiritual, and emotional battle surrounding me and my family, both the battle and the powers orchestrating it, receive the judgment of death in Jesus name.
- Mistakes and errors that will destroy my testimonies, I reject you in Jesus name.
- I shall not be defeated in the battle of life in Jesus name.
- Every dead virtue or gift inside of me after the order of dry bones in the valley, receive life in Jesus name (Ezek. 37:1-10).
- Thank You my Lord for answering my prayers.