To make enquiry means
1. To ask for Information.
2. To Question.
3. To Investigate.
4. To Examine.
5. To Explore.
6. To Probe.
7. To Dig deep.
8. To Inquire.
1. GOD IS THE CUSTODIAN OF SECRETS/INFORMATION
• Deut. 29 v 29
“The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those
things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for
ever, that we may do all the words of this law.”
2. GOD IS THE REVEALER OF DEEP SECRETS
• Jeremiah 33 v 3
“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and
mighty things, which thou knowest not.”
• Daniel 2 v 19 – 23
v.19 “Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision.
Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.”
v.20 “Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for
ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his”
v.21 “And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth
kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and
knowledge to them that know understanding”
v.22 “He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is
in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.”
v.23 “I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers,
who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto
me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known
unto us the king’s matter.”
• Amos 3 v 7
“Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret
unto his servants the prophets.”
3. GOD WANTS US TO ASK HIM FOR SECRETS
• John 16 v 23 – 24
v.23 “And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say
unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will
give it you.”
v.24 “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye
shall receive, that your joy may be full.”
• Matt. 7 v 7
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
and it shall be opened unto you:”
4. MAKE ENQUIRY LIKE DAVID IN THE BIBLE
• 1 Sam. 10 v 22
“Therefore they enquired of the LORD further, if the man should
yet come thither. And the LORD answered, Behold, he hath hid
himself among the stuff.”
• 1 Sam. 23 v 2
“Therefore David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go and
smite these Philistines? And the LORD said unto David, Go, and
smite the Philistines, and save Keilah.”
• 1 Sam. 30 v 8
“And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after
this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue:
for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.”
• 2 Sam. 5 v 19
“And David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up to the
Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the
LORD said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the
Philistines into thine hand.”
• 2 Sam. 5 v 23
“And when David enquired of the LORD, he said, Thou shalt not
go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them
over against the mulberry trees.”
5. MAKE ENQUIRY THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT
• 1 Cor. 2 v 10
“But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit
searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.”
• John 16 v 13 – 15
v.13 “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide
you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but
whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew
you things to come.”
v.14 “He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall
shew it unto you.”
v.15 “All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I,
that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.”
• John 14 v 26
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father
will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all
things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
• Job 12 v 22
“He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to
light the shadow of death.”
• Gal. 1 v 12
“For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by
the revelation of Jesus Christ.”
6. OUR SPIRITUAL EYES MUST BE OPENED
• Prov. 20 v 12
“The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even
both of them.
• 2 Kings 6 v 17
“And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes,
that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young
man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses
and chariots of fire round about Elisha.”
7. FOR YOUR CHOICES, MAKE DIVINE ENQUIRY
• Acts 1 v 24 – 26
v.24 “And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the
hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,”
v.25 “That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship,
from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his
v.26 “And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon
Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.”
• Study Daniels 2 v 1 – 48
WHY MUST WE PRAY ENQUIRY/INVESTIGATIVE PRAYERS
• This world is full of mysteries.
• Many are undergoing myriad of problems begging for answers.
• So many people are having problems that are:
• It is only the Almighty God that can proffer divine solutions.
• Very many have been overpowered by these mysterious, coded problems, some
have died, some are just wasting away, some are sleeping and waking with
them without knowing the source of the problems talk less of solutions.
• Enigmatic, repeated afflictions are very discomforting. They make victims very
miserable and sad.
• That is why Enquiry/Investigative prayers are needed.
• Enquiry prayers are needed:
1. To dissolve coded mysteries frustrating us.
2. To unveil issues shrouded in darkness.
3. To reveal the root cause of what you are going through for so long without
4. To smoke the enemies out of their holes.
• Micah 7 v 17
“They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their
holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the LORD our
God, and shall fear because of thee.”
5. To log on into the secret chamber of God and download secrets and divine
6. To unlock ancient disturbing and embarrassing mysteries waging war against
7. To know what is behind a complex, repeated and prolonged attack in your life.
8. To see the hole in the wall leading to deep secrets.
• Ezekiel 8 v 7
“And he brought me to the door of the court, and when I looked, behold
a hole in the wall.”
WHO SHOULD EMBARK ON ENQUIRY/INVESTIGATIVE PRAYERS
1. Those who are victims of prolonged and embarrassing attacks.
2. Those witnessing any on and off affliction unabated.
3. Those who have been searching for solutions to their problems for so long
without any respite.
4. Those who have prayed all manners of prayers, to no avail.
5. Those moving from one trouble to another; one attack to another.
6. Those who have been stagnated embarrassingly for so long despite their
7. Those their dream land has become their battle ground and they wonder why?
8. Those who have never enjoyed any good season in life and age is weighing on
9. Those who are saying:
1. God, what is happening to me?
2. Lord, what is the mystery behind my predicament?
3. Lord, why am I like this?
4. Why this repeated affliction?
5. What is behind my situation?
6. Lord, show me the source of my challenge/problem.
7. Lord, show me the mystery behind what I am going through.
8. I want to know how this coded mystery can be decoded divinely.
9. Lord, beam your search light on the root of what I am passing through.
10. O! Lord demystify this mystery behind these constant attacks.
STEPS TO TAKE
1. Self Examination
• Psalm 66 v 18
“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:”
2. Live a consecrated life
• Psalm 51 v 10
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me”
3. Embark on Retreat
• Mark 1 v 35
“And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out,
and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.”
• Matthew 14 v 23
“And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a
mountain apart to pray and when the evening was come, he was there
• Luke 5 v 16
“And He withdrew himself into the wilderness and prayed”
• Matthew 12 v 15
“But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence and great
multitudes followed him, and he healed them all.”
• Mark 6 v 46
“And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to
• Luke 6 v 12
“And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to
pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.”
4. Prayer & Fasting
• Matthew 17 v 21
“Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting”
• Mark 9 v 29
“And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by
prayer and fasting”
5. Study and Meditate on God’s word
• 2 Tim. 2 v 15
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not
to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
6. Serious Prayer Session with Night Vigils for as many days as led by the
• Psalm 65 v 2
“O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.”
• Matthew 21 v 22
“And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall
• Psalm 61 v 1
“Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.”
Song: 1. Bless the Lord, O my soul 2. Open my eyes O! Lord, Halleluyah/3x
O O O my soul I am ready to receive
Worship His Holy name
1. Thank God for the gift of life and for preserving you till this moment.
2. Proverbs 20 v 12
“The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of
• By the power in the blood of Jesus, my spiritual eyes and ears, open by fire
in Jesus name.
3. Genesis 1 v 3
“And God said, Let there be light; and there was light”
• Light of God for deep revelation; illuminate my spiritual eyes now in Jesus
name. (Pray this prayer for 5 minutes)
4. Isaiah 25 v 7
“And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over
all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.”
• Any scale of darkness, any veil of darkness, any cloud of darkness over my
spiritual eyes and ears, be consumed by fire in Jesus name. (Pray this prayer
for 5 minutes)
5. Jeremiah 33 v 3
“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty
things, which thou knowest not.”
• Almighty God, you are my creator, show me clearly and in details the root
cause of what I am passing through in the name of Jesus.
6. Deut. 29 v 29
“The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things
which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we
may do all the words of this law.”
• Holy Spirit, enough is enough, show me divine secrets and divine
revelations with divine solutions behind this prolonged affliction in the
name of Jesus.
7. 2 Kings 6 v 17
“And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he
may see, And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw,
and, behold, the mountain was full of horse and chariots of fire round
• My father in heaven, I look unto you for help, open my eyes to see and
know the ways out of my present predicament in Jesus name.
8. Daniel 2 v 22
“He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the
darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.”
• Secrets shrouded in darkness concerning this my matter, be revealed in
9. Daniel 2 v 19
“Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel
blessed the God of heaven.”
• Anointing to know what is really behind my matter and the solutions to it,
fall on me now in Jesus name.
10. Acts 1 v 23 & 24
v.23 “And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was
surnamed Justus, and Matthias.”
v.24 “And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts
of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen”
• O! Lord, you know all things, show me clearly the deep details on this
matter so as to praise your name.
• Thank God for His presence.
• Make sure you keep diary of your revelations.
Jesus is Lord.