- Job 33 v 15 & 16
v.15 “In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;”
v.16 “Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction”
- Gen. 37 v 5, 7 & 9 (Joseph had his future divine dreams)
v.5 “And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.”
v.7 “For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.”
v.9 “And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.”
- Matthew 1 v 20 (Mary the wife of Joseph the Carpenter was rescued from
being put to shame through divine dreams)
“But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.”
- Matthew 2 v 12 (The Wise Men were warned through dreams)
“And being warned of God in a dream, that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.”
- Matthew 2 v 13 (Joseph the Carpenter was asked to take Jesus to Egypt
Through divine dreams)
“And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.”
- Matthew 2 v 19 & 20 (Joseph the carpenter was asked to take Jesus back to
Israel through dreams)
v.19 “But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,”
v.20 “Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child’s life.”
- Acts 10 v 1 – 3 (Cornelius had a Divine Vision)
v.1 “There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,”
v.2 “A devout man, and one that feared God with his entire house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always.”
v.3 “He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.”
- Genesis 31 v 10 & 24 (Jacob had breakthrough dreams in Laban’s house)
v.10 “And it came to pass at the time that the cattle conceived, that I lifted up mine eyes, and saw in a dream, and behold, the rams which leaped upon the cattle were streaked, speckled, and gray spotted.”
v.24 “And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.”
- 1 Kings 3 v 5 (Solomon had a breakthrough dream)
“In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.”
The dream channel is a medium created by God, designed to pass information to us His children.
Every beneficial invention that mankind has ever come-up with is mostly received through the dream channel. But just like every good thing God created, satan has perfected the art of polluting human destinies by planting evil seeds in people’s lives through the medium of dreams. Mathew 13 v 25 says “but while man slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way”.
The devil sows evil seeds into people’s lives through dreams in order to limit their success and breakthrough in life. Whether you believe it or not, your dreams will affect your progress for good or bad.
Beloved, there is more to dreams than our sentiments, feelings, sensual assessment that judgment can fathom. I pray God will open your eyes of understanding as we journey along on the subject in Jesus name.
Dreams are spiritual media through which we receive information about happenings in the spirit realm. Through a dream, the glorious destiny of Jesus was preserved when God appeared to Joseph in a dream. Mathew 2 v 13. God assured Joseph of Mary’s purity – Mathew 1 v 20, and told him to return to Nazareth – Mathew 2 v 19 – 23, all through Dreams. The wise men were warned of Herod’s plot against the Baby Jesus through a dream, Mathew 2 v 12.
God revealed Joseph’s destiny and future to him through dreams, Genesis 37 v 2 – 11. Through a dream, Solomon had a divine encounter that announced him to his world. 1 King 3 v 5 – 15. The devil sows evil seeds into people’s lives through dreams right from infancy in order to limit their success and breakthroughs in life.
These evil dreams grow with them through the years making them experience untold hardship and setbacks physically, maritally, financially etc.
The devil has successfully done this by taking advantage of people’s sheer ignorance of the victory Jesus won for them at Calvary.
In Numbers 12 v 6, it is established that God can speak to you in a dream. God means what He says, and says what He means.
In Genesis 28 v 10 – 16, Jacob’s future blueprints were read out to him by God in a dream. The story of Jacob shows that God can make a meaning out of a life that is in a mess; God can come to you in your dream and give you solutions.
In Genesis 37 v 4 – 11,Joseph dreamt a dream, this dream guarded Joseph’s journey in life, when he was in the pit, he knew that, that position was contrary to what he saw, the Almighty communicates to us through dreams.
FACTS ABOUT DREAMS
- Acts 2 v 16- 17
v.16 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;”
v.17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:”
- The scriptures make us to know that there will be Holy Ghost inspired dreams.
- Dreams are a revelation to man of happenings in the Spirit realm.
- Dreams are part and parcel of our living.
- Dreams can come in form of coded messages or in plain/direct form.
- Dreams are experienced universally in our sleep, irrespective of colour, race, religion, gender and age etc…
- You can have mighty breakthroughs through dreams.
- Dreams are God’s own idea.
- Dreams are Spiritual phenomenon.
- Dreams are mysteries that an ordinary mind cannot fathom
- Dreams are spiritual monitors.
- Dreams are means of revelation.
- Through dreams, God can convey to you the plans of your enemies.
- Dreams are prophetic channels of God pouring out His power upon His people.
- You must have your own personal “Josephic” dreams, where God will show you the blueprint of your life, if you want an outstanding breakthrough.
- Your personal “Josephic” dreams allow you to see your future.
- Your “Josephic” dream is the heavenly picture of your life.
- What you are supposed to be but you have not been.
- The video film of your correct life as recorded in heaven.
- Your divine goal planted in your spirit.
- Your divine destination on planet earth.
- The mountain top, from where you can see your destiny afar.
- The light to see in the valley of difficulty.
- Your “Josephic” dream will make you discover the treasures in the marketplace of life.
- Your dream can chart your way, guide your steps and reveal critical information to you.
- Every dream has a
- You must reject negative
- Due to ignorance, many have disregarded their dreams – Hosea 4 v 6a
- Dream is a part of God’s strategic promise for the end time – Joel 2 v 28
- You have a responsibility in fulfilling your God-given
WHEN DO WE NEED DIVINE DREAMS?
- Job 33 v 14 – 16
v.14 “For God speaketh once, yet twice, yet man perceiveth it not.”
v.15 “In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, while slumbering upon their beds”
v.16 “Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instructions”
- When you are confused and need direction.
- When the enemies are against you.
- When you are bombarded with household wickedness.
- When people are cheating and defrauding you unjustly.
- When you know that you are a king without a crown and a palace.
- When you notice that where you are is not the place you should be
- When you lack information from heaven about your destiny.
- When the future looks very bleak.
- When going forward is a problem.
- When and if you want to win in the battle of life.
TYPES OF DREAMS
- Number 12 v 6
“And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.”
- Dreams that add to you – i.e. advancement dreams orchestrated by God, to move your destiny forward for divine fulfilment.
- Dreams that subtract from you – these are destiny demoting dreams, orchestrated by the devil.
- Dreams that leave you the same way they met you or put your life in neutral gear.
- Dreams that empty you completely.
- Dreams that catapult you/destiny to greater heights.
- Dreams that waste you, and your virtues. A good example of this, is manipulative dreams. Manipulative dreams are destiny demoting dreams that subject one to negative spiritual control, thereby causing one’s destiny to retrogress or even become painfully stagnated. You must strongly pray against these dreams and not take them for granted.
CONSEQUENCES OF NEGATIVE DREAMS
- Job 7 v 13 &14
v.13 “When I say, “My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint”
v.14 “Then thou scare me with dreams, and terrify me with visions”
- Make costly mistakes
- Bring demotion
- Bring denial of rights
- Sponsors evil addiction
- Make a person dangerously useless
- Foster demonic sicknesses that defy medication.
- Make one loose/miss good opportunities.
- Foster financial imbalance
- Foster Stagnancy
- Foster slow achievement, barrenness etc.
EFFECTS OF DIVINE BREAKTHROUGH DREAMS
- Gen. 28 v 10 – 16
v10 “And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.”
v.11”And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.”
v.12 “And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.”
v.13 “And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land where thou lies, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed”
v.14 “And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.”
v.15 “And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goes, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.”
v.16 “And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.”
- Divine breakthrough dreams are dreams of blessings.
- Divine breakthrough dreams are destiny fast forwarding dreams – Gen. 28
3 Divine breakthrough dreams are dreams of instruction, dreams that make for productivity.
- Divine breakthrough dreams are warning dreams that make for safety, direction, divine intervention etc.
- Divine breakthrough dreams are informative dreams that ensure proper fore knowledge of the future. Gen. 46 v 1 – 4; Acts 27 v 22 – 26
- Divine breakthrough dreams are restorative dreams – Gen. 40 v 6 – 13, 20 – 21 as initiated by God.
- Divine breakthrough dreams are prophetic dreams – Gen. 37 v 5 – 7, that give prophesies about future events
- Divine breakthrough dreams are secret revealing dreams – Dan. 2 v 1 – 49. These dreams are to glorify the power of God.
- Divine breakthrough dreams are dreams of receiving NEW IDEAS, NEW INSIGHTS, NEW RECIPES, NEW INSTRUCTIONS, NEW GUIDIANCE, NEW KNOW-HOW, NEW SECRETS, NEW TEACHINGS, NEW SOLUTIONS, NEW INTERPRETATIONS, NEW SKILLS, And NEW TALENTS.
STEPS TO FAST TRACK YOUR DIVINE BREAKTHROUGH DREAMS
- Believe in your Dream – Thank God for it, claim it, value it, share it with people who have the gifts of interpretation and encourage it.
- Take a spiritual step to acknowledge receipt, by sowing a seed towards it. 1 Kings 3 v 15
3 Take a physical step by actually doing what you saw yourself doing in the dream.
- Go to a prophet with your dream and a seed. The sowing will help you navigate your way into manifestation.
Beloved, learn to nurture your divine breakthrough dreams, soak your good dreams with adequate progress and care. Isaiah 66 v 9 encourage us that He who has given the vision will bring it to pass in Jesus name.
- God has created us to dream about our future.
- Every human being is designed to have a future dream profile.
|From the Pit|
|To the Palace|
- Many years ago, I read a book titled DREAM SEED by Mike Murdock. It changed my mind-set; I clearly had the dream sketch of my future trip. I designed a sketch after the order of the Biblical Joseph.
Historical sketch of a God made man
- I conceptualised this dream and deployed my passion towards it; thank God it is coming to pass now.
- Perceive it, conceive it, achieve
- You are a product of what you look at, what you imagine, what you paint, what you perceive; the picture you crafted.
- Proverbs 23 v 7
“For as he thinks in heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.”
- God painted the dream future for Abraham in Genesis 15 v 5 (ABRAHAM)
“And he brought him forth abroad, and said, look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, so shall thy seed be.”
- Also for Joseph, in Genesis 37 v 5 – 7 & 9 (JOSEPH)
v.5 – “And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.”
v.6 – “And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed.”
v.7 – “For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.”
v.9 – “And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.”
God conceptualized his dream future for him; illustrating with the family sheaves, sun, moon and eleven stars bowing to him.
- O! Lord my father, show me the secrets of my life in Jesus name.
- Holy Spirit, show me myself in Jesus name.
- My father, according to your word in Jeremiah 33 v 3, show me the secrets behind every trouble in my life in Jesus name.
- Holy Spirit, show me beneficial secrets that will move my life forward in Jesus name.
- Holy Spirit, show me solutions to my problems, challenges in Jesus name.
- Jesus, show me what I need to know about my future/tomorrow.
- Holy Spirit, reveal/show me my environment in Jesus name.
- Holy Spirit, give me information about people around me in Jesus name.
- According to Isaiah 25 v 7, scales of darkness, fall from my eyes, break to pieces in Jesus name.
- O! God arise, expose every unfriendly friends, every wolf in sheep’s clothing, around my life now and in the future in Jesus name.
- Dreams that will change my life for the better, manifest now in Jesus name.
- My “Josephic” dreams, hear the Word of the Lord, manifest in Jesus name.
- Dreams of destiny failure in my life, die in Jesus name.
- My virtues stolen in the dream, in the name of Jesus, I recover them back.
- Every operations of demotion in my dreams, die in Jesus name.
- Powers from the pit of hell, summoning my name before a dark mirror, die in Jesus name.
- Powers attacking my dreams, die in Jesus name.
- Stubborn invisible powers, troubling my life in my dreams, die in Jesus name.
- Evil deposits in my life through dreams, now affecting my breakthroughs, drain out by fire in Jesus name.
- Repeated satanic dreams attached to my breakthroughs, by the blood of Jesus, be cancelled in Jesus name.
- Anointing for victory in my dreams, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Good dreams in my life, manifest now in Jesus name.
- Breakthrough provoking dreams, manifest in my life in Jesus name.