Numbers 14 v 18; Psalm 57 v 10; Psalm 86 v 13; Psalm 103 v 11, 108 v 4; Eph. 2 v 4; Joshua 10 v 11 – 14; Judges 6 & 7; 2 Kings 4 v 1-7; Psalm 102 v 13; Roman 9 v 14 – 16; Acts 5 v 18 – 19
Psalm 86 v 13 – For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
Mercy is a gift from God. It is underserved. If it were not for God’s mercy, we all would have faced terrible judgements long ago. If not for His mercy, He would have condemned us after our first offence. If not for His mercy, He would punish us each time we sin, but rather than letting us bear the full punishment for our sin, God demonstrated His mercy when He paid the penalty for our sin Himself.
“Have mercy upon me O! Lord, for I am weak” Psalm 6 v 2a, is the heart cry of many. Some things will never yield good results unless God shows up with great mercy. When every other prayer has failed, the prayer of mercy never fails. The Lord God is the custodian of great mercy, no matter your level of sin or iniquity, when you run to God, He shows mercy. He alone has the prerogative of mercy.
- If God should judge mankind by our actions and attitudes, none of us will be in existence now.
- God’s mercy is always available, but not that is not for us to take His mercies for granted.
- He gives us several opportunities to change our ways and turn a new leaf.
- God can show us great mercies much more than He did to our forefathers.
- The mercy of God is so great towards us, that we cannot measure it.
- No matter your situation now, what you need is the great mercy of God
- If prayer failed at any point in time, try thanksgiving, praise and worship, just begin to praise God, and begin to judge God faithful; “even if you don’t do it now, I know you will still do it, Lord I am on your mercy list, envelop me with your cloud of great mercy”. Note that God sits on the mercy throne eternally.
- It is the mercy of God that has kept our nation Nigeria intact and I pray, the mercy of God will not leave us in Jesus name.
- Psalm 103 v 11 says great is the mercy of God towards them that fear Him.
- The mercy of God excels over judgement, even when people judge you, the great mercy of God overrides it.
- Great is the mercy of God, our God is rich in mercy, He is going to visit your case today in Jesus name.
- I pray for you, wherever God directs you, His great mercy will accompany you in Jesus name.
- As you procure that visa letter, you need the mercy of God to succeed.
- With your anointing, you need the mercy of God to achieve good success, it is the mercy of God that breaths His grace over you. I pray that the Grace of God will rest upon your anointing in Jesus name.
WHEN DO YOU NEED THE GREAT MERCY OF GOD?
- When you are in a complete mess
- When it seems, your vision is bigger than you.
- When you are below the ground level on any matter.
- When you are an executive beggar. (Educated but begging to survive)
- When you have been totally condemned in the court of man, in fact they have said nothing good will come out of your Nazareth.
- When all hope seems lost and you feel like giving up, in fact you are suicide-prone now, don’t be discouraged, the great mercy of God will locate you in Jesus name.
- When no man can answer your questions.
- When you are frustrated beyond description, in fact you cannot describe it. Your frustration is killing, shocking, stifling, chocking, unexplainable, embarrassing, messy and even challenging your salvation.
- When you are swimming in the ocean of failure and embarrassment
- When men lie against you and no one believes you.
- When you get demoted, instead of being promoted.
- When everything around you fails.
- When you are to meet an important deadline and your strength is failing. i.e. deadline panic.
- When it seems, age is no longer on your side.
- When it seems, eyes are not on you anymore, people don’t fancy you anymore.
- When all your age-mates have achieved and you are left behind.
- When people are saying nothing good can happen to you.
- When you are desperate to take a foolish step because of frustration.
- When you have been written off by friends, family and close allies.
- When you feel no helper can locate you.
It is my prayer that the great mercy of the Almighty God will bring something good out of you, and bring out your testimonies in Jesus name.
BIBLICAL CASES OF THOSE THAT ENJOYED THE GREAT MERCY OF GOD
- Elizabeth – her neighbour and cousins heard of the greatmercy shown to her and they rejoiced with her. Luke 1 v 57 – 58
- Joseph was shown mercy that made him in life. He became notable in life by the great mercy of God. Gen. 39 v 21
- Solomon reiterated the fact that God showed David his father great mercy, by making him have a son on the throne in Israel. 2 Chronicles 1 v 8
- Daughter of Abraham – Luke 13 v 11 – 17
- The man born blind – John 9 v 1 – 7
- Jeremiah regained his freedom – Jeremiah 40 v 1 – 4
- Daniel in the lions’ den – Daniel 6 v 16 – 23
- The Shunammite Woman, gift of a son, and the raising afterwards of the son from the dead 2 Kings 4 v 14 – 37
HINDERANCES TO GOD’S GREAT MERCY 2 Cor. 6 v 14 – 16
- Deliberate sin
- Keeping accursed/demonic materials
- Using false measures
- Engaging in illegal businesses
- Taking bribe/graft
- Unforgiveness, malice, wrath, envy etc.
- Evil speaking
- Venerating the dead
- Improper dressing
- Sexual Immorality
- Ungodly living
- Perversion of justice
- Robbing God of tithes, offerings etc.
- Rebellion and Disobedience
- Patronising fake prophets
TRIGGERS OF GOD’S GREAT MERCY
- Be born-again – John 3 v 3
- Get sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost – Acts 1 v 4 – 5
- Live a life of holiness – 1 Peter 1 v 15
- Live a life of total obedience – Deut. 28 v 1, Isaiah 1 v 1 – 19
- Live a life of absolute surrender, completely yielded to God– Galatian 2 v 20
- Be kingdom-minded always – 1 Peter 4 v 7
- Give faithfully – i.e. tithes, first fruits, kingdom projects, seed etc.
- Intercede for others, be a burden bearer – Luke 6 v 38
- Remember the widows, orphans and the less privileged
- Don’t be logical with God, and thereby interfere with the laws and principles of God. Malachi 3 v 8 – 12. The foolishness of God is wiser than men, always remember 1 Cor. 1 v 25
- Shun sinful lifestyle – Jer. 5 v 25
- Avoid bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, malice, envy etc. Eph. 4 v 26 – 31
- Be diligent in your work – Heb. 6 v 12, Proverbs 18 v 9 – God will not remember a lazy person.
- Don’t go to Egypt for help, depend on the Lord absolutely – Prov. 16 v 2 & 3; Isaiah 31 v 1 & 2
- Let the fear of God rule your life – Prov. 19 v 23
- Learn to give thanks always – 1 Thess. 5 v 18
Blind Bartimaeus asked for mercy before asking for his eyes to be opened, Mark 10 v 46 – 52. A prayer of desperation must be preceded by a cry for mercy. As you call on God, His great mercy shall locate you in Jesus name.
- From every evil yoke, I receive my freedom by God’s mercy in Jesus name.
- From the yoke that fought my parents, according to Galatian 5 v 1, I receive my freedom in Jesus name.
- From every hard yoke of bondage, I receive my freedom, by the mercy of God in Jesus name.
- Periodic warfare from the pit of hell attacking my breakthrough, by the mercy of God be aborted in Jesus name.
- Dream attacks swallowing my blessing, I command by God’s mercy, be cancelled in Jesus name.
- Evil covering over my blessings, by God’s mercy, be removed in Jesus name.
- Mercy of God, lift me up in Jesus name.
- Lamentation 3 v 17 – any evil word from the mouth of men against my life, mercy of God, cancel them in Jesus name.
- At the junction of confusion, mercy of God, bail me out in Jesus name.
- From every ocean of failure, mercy of God, bail me out in Jesus name.
- O Lord, show me great mercy in Jesus name.
- Great mercy of God, locate me in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, O Lord restore my departed glory in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, all my captured blessings, be released in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, my positive dreams, manifest in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, O Lord deliver me from evil burdens in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, all my pending breakthroughs, manifest in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, all my benefits in chains, be loosed in Jesus name.
- By the great mercy of God, doors of opportunities, be opened unto me in Jesus name.
- 20 By the great mercy of God, my book of remembrance, be opened in Jesus name.
- 21 By the great mercy of God, O Lord raise me up to the next level in Jesus name.
22 By the great mercy of God, all anti-progress altars erected against me, scatter in Jesus name.
23 By the great mercy of God, my life/destiny, be withdrawn from any evil control in Jesus name.
24 By the great mercy of God, anointing of the overcomer, fall on me in Jesus name.
25 By the great mercy of God, anointing to possess my possessions fall on me in Jesus name.
Jesus is Lord.