Psalm 7:9; Isaiah 41:18; Isaiah 44:3; Jeremiah 51:43; Psalm 68:6; Hosea2:3; Haggai 2:6; Psalm 1:3; Leviticus 26:4; Deuteronomy 11:14; Deuteronomy 28:12; Psalm 104:27; Psalm 145:15; Ecclesia 3:1; Jeremiah 5:24; Ezekiel 34:26; 1 King 17:9-16; Psalm 126:1-6; 2 King 7:1-20; Joel 3:18; 2 Chronicle 7:13; Deuteronomy 28:23; Mal 3:10-11; Hag 1:6-10; 1 Kings 17 v 7 – The Book dried up; v 9 – God made another way for him through the widow of Zarephath; Deut. 8 v 7 – 10; Eccl. 11 v 3; Lev. 26 v 9 – 13; Isa. 35 v 1 – 4; Deut. 2 v 21; 2 Chro. 8 v 26 – 27; Eccl. 3 v 1 – 8 To everything, there is a season.
“Throughout this year, God will make me and my family, and the places round about me, my home and work a blessing; He will cause the shower to come down in the right season and there shall be showers of blessing. God will open rivers in my high places, and fountains in the midst of my valleys: He will make my wilderness a pool of water, and my dry land springs of water to terminate every dry season in my life in Jesus name Amen”. Ezekiel 34:26. Isa 41:18.
I am destined to be fruitful in life by Christ’s eternal investment at Calvary. Therefore, every form of stagnation, poverty, barrenness, afflictions and captivity around me must come to an end. Psalm 7:9. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. This is my season of abundance, advancements, prosperity, restoration, breakthroughs, etc. Amen.
”And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim” Joel 3:18.
“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven” Eccl 3:1.
Everything in life has its time and season. There is time and season for planting. And time and season for harvesting. In Gen 8:22 God says “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night shall not cease.” There is The Rainy season and there is The Dry season. Dry season is characterized by unfruitfulness, scarcity, suffering, austerity, barrenness, hardship, failure, non-achievement, afflictions, poverty, impossibility, reproach, etc. When a person is experiencing a Dry season, he will be yoked with negative circumstances, acidic poverty and struggles. But surely there is an end to any Dry season. Every Dry season has expiry date. Rainy season marks the end of Dry season. Rainy season connotes showers of blessing which is characterized by fruitfulness, abundance, success, breakthroughs, prosperity and turn around. Showers of blessing answers to open heaven. Until your heaven opens the dry season continues. Now is the season for your open heaven in Jesus name. Amen.
James 5:17-18. “Elijah was a man with a nature like ours and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit”.
Gen 7:11. “In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened”.
Ezekiel 34:26. “And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing”.
The blessing of God is the end of all struggles. The blessing of God terminates dryness and hardship in life. The blessing of God will end your dry season. Amen. There are biblical cases of people whose Dry seasons were terminated by the blessing of God.
In Mark 10:46-52, the blind Bartimaeus’ Dry season of blindness was terminated by his persistence when he encountered Christ.
Mephibosheth’s Dry season came to an abrupt end in 2 Sam 9:10-13 when the blessing of God located him at Lodebar. The reproach of his father’s house was turned into honour by King David.
The captivity of the children of Israel in Egypt. After 430 years of hardship the wickedness of their hard taskmasters came to an end. By the intervention of God their dry season of hundreds of years of captivity was turned into a glorious liberty by the hand of Moses. Exodus 12:40-41.
The impotent man by the pool at Bethesda. This man suffered rejection and stagnation for 38 years but the blessing of God located him and his suffering of many years was terminated. His dry season of humiliation bowed to Jesus and it was turned to jubilation. John 5:2-9.
The God who turned around the cases of these people is still alive. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Malachi 3:6 says “I am the Lord, I change not; therefore, ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” That ugly circumstance will not consume you in Jesus name.
No matter the dry season you are going through, by the intervention of God it will turn around for your good because we serve the God of all possibilities. Luke 1:37 – “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
Human life is of two seasons; The Dry Season and the Rainy Season.
|S/N||DRY SEASON||RAINY SEASON|
|1||Heaven is closed||Heaven is opened|
|2||No Rain||There is Rain|
|3||Drought, Dryness and Heat||Coolness and freshness|
|6||Starvation and Death||Excess and Bubbling with life|
|7||Life does not smile at you||Life smiles at you|
|8||Closed doors||Open Doors|
|9||No opportunities||Plenty Opportunities|
|10||Lack many essential things in life||Have surplus|
|11||Darkness, cannot see the future||Light, future seen|
|12||Your stars have lost the Brightness||Your stars are shinning|
|13||Dreams and Aspiration not coming through||Dreams and Aspiration achieved|
|14||Life is meaningless||Life Meaningful|
|15||No positive results||There are positive results|
|16||Efforts not yielding||Efforts yielding|
|17||No one reckons with you||You are the darling of everyone|
|18||Your voice is not heard||You are a major voice|
|19||Your suggestion is rejected||Your suggestion is the best|
|20||Your presence in a meeting is an offence||Without you, no meeting|
|21||Loneliness||People flocking around you|
DIFFERENT TYPES OF DRY SEASON
- Spiritual Dry Season – Lack of God’s presence
- Financial Dry Season – General lack of fund
- Marital Dry Season – No marital Joy, Singles. loneliness
- Political Dry Season – Confusion in Politics
- Social Dry Season – No trusted friends
- Moral Dry Season – No Holiness in life style
- Business Dry Season – Stagnation and limitation
- Academic Dry Season – No knowledge and understanding
CAUSES OF DRY SEASON
- Idolatry – Ps 16 v 4
- Impatience – Heb. 12v1-2; James 1 v2-3
- Lack of Faith – Heb. 11v6; Mathew 13v58
- Mediocrity in business – Romans 12 v 11
- Bad Management and Waste – Prov.18 v 9;
- Wrong foundation, curses – Ps. 11 v 3; Proverbs 26 v 2
- Laziness – Prov. 6 v 10-11;
- Greed/Covetousness – Prov. 15 v 2
- Debt accumulation – 2 Kings 4 v 1
- Procrastination – Eccl. 11 v 4
- Unpaid tithes and giving dishonourable offerings – Malachi 3 v8-end
- Interference of Dark Powers – Ps. 74 v 20
- Prayerlessness etc. – Mathew 26 v 38 – 40
WHAT TO DO FOR YOUR DRY SEASON TO COME TO AN END
- Be Faithful to God like Joseph in spite of your adverse situations. Gen 39:7-9. In Gen 41:39-44, Joseph’s dry season came to an end because he refused to give up in spite of temptations. Don’t give up. Just hold on to your God. He will terminate all your struggles in due season.
- Be Strong in Faith like Abraham. Don’t doubt. James 1:6-7 says “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord.”
- Don’t Compromise Your Trust in God. Psalm 125:1 says “They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth forever.” Daniel did not compromise his trust in the Lord, therefore the conspiracy he suffered in the hands of the Babylonians gave him supremacy over them. Dan 1:8-9.
- Give Sacrificially. Sacrificial giving will open your heaven for abundant release of the flood of blessing that will terminate all your struggles as in the case of the widow at Zarephath. By the intervention of God, this widow’s austerity was turned to prosperity. Her dry season of frustration for many years was turned overnight into a season of divine fortune by the blessing of God through Prophet Elijah. 1 King 17:8-16, Mal 3:10-11.
- Confess the Promises of God like Job always. In Job 2:9-10, Job refused to curse God in spite of his sufferings. In your dry season speak of His promises and He will turn your situation around. Numbers 14:28 says “As truly as I live, says the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you.”
- Call unto God in Prayers like Jabez. 1 Chronicle 4:9-10. Psalm 65:2 says “O You who hear prayer, To You all flesh will come.” Also, James 5:18 says concerning Elijah, “And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.” Pray the following prayers with aggression and violence to open your heaven for a release of showers of blessing to end your dry season. Mat 11:12 – And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Sing this hymn;
There shall be showers of blessing,
This is the promise of love,
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Send from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need,
Mercy drops round us are falling,
but for the showers we plead.
(Repeat and personalize it 3 times)
- Every wind of dryness in my life, fade away in Jesus name.
- Every blockage disturbing my showers of blessings, be shattered in Jesus name.
- Anything tying me down and my work to DRY SEASON, release me now in Jesus name.
- Any Satanic Umbrella preventing me from experiencing God’s shower of blessing, catch fire in Jesus name.
- Every Satanic Plan to make me MISERABLE in life, you will not prosper in Jesus name.
- I decree a new Season of DIVINE RAINFALL in Jesus name.
- As from today, my life, work and family shall not know dryness anymore in Jesus name. I shall be like a tree, planted by the rivers of water, I will bring forth my fruits in its season in Jesus name.
- O! God forgive me of every sin that brought me into my present condition by your mercy in Jesus name
- Plead the blood of Jesus upon the heavens above you, your work, family and ministry.
- Command your heaven to swallow high tension Holy Ghost fire in Jesus name.
- According to Deuteronomy 28:23, any brass in my heaven and any iron in my earth perpetuating dryness and hardship in my life, be removed by fire in Jesus name.
- Every iron and brass causing blockages in my heaven, be consumed by fire in Jesus name.
- Impossibilities acting as barriers to my fulfilment in life, be removed in Jesus name.
- Every evil seasonal manipulation programmed against my manifestations, be aborted in Jesus name.
- Seasonal problems attacking my glory, be destroyed in Jesus name.
- My heaven will not close suddenly this year in Jesus name
- Any cloud of confusion hanging over my manifestations, fade away in Jesus name.
- Every limitation imposed by dark powers upon my breakthrough, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
- Every embargo of darkness on my progress, be lifted by fire in Jesus name.
- From my present level, O! Lord raise me up, lift me up and set me up in Jesus name.
- Anything in the heavenlies hostile against my open heaven, fade away in Jesus name.
- Everything in the heavenlies shall favour me throughout this year in Jesus name.
- Every mountain of opposition against my progress, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
- Any stubborn accuser speaking against my going forward, receive baptism of confusion in Jesus name.
- My heavenly clouds of showers of blessing, release them now in Jesus name.
- Any evil umbrella in the heavenlies preventing the sweet influences of God from getting to me, be consumed by fire in Jesus name.
- Every yoke of stagnancy programmed against me in order to keep me in perpetual dry season, break by fire in Jesus name.
- Every dark taskmaster assigned to keep me in dry season, die in Jesus name.
- Every plan of the enemy to condemn me to the garden of failure and non-achievement, be aborted in Jesus name.
- O Lord, disconnect me from the evil current of stagnation and dry season in Jesus name.
- O Lord, advance me into my Rehoboth in Jesus name.
- O Lord, renovate my life and work with blessings and favour in Jesus name
- Rain of favour, soak the garden of my life in Jesus name
- I shall move forward, go upward and make progress this year in Jesus name.
- Anointing to overcome dry season, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Anointing for progressive prosperity, fall on me this year in Jesus name.
Rejoice and thank God for answered prayers