1 Sam 2 v 8; Psalm 113 v 7; Psalm 40 v 2; 1 Sam. 2 v 1; Job 36 v 7, 15; Job 28 v 3; Psalm 107 v 41; Luke 14 v 35; Nehemiah 2 v 13; Isaiah 25 v 10; 1 Chronicles 4 v 9
Psalm 120 v 1
“In my distress, I cried unto the Lord and he heard me.”
- DESCRIPTION OF THE DUNGHILL
- 1 Sam. 2 v 8
“He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them.”
- Hannah was praising God for the gift of Samuel. She was so overwhelmed with the awesomeness of God that she described God as the only one who raises the poor out of the dust and lifts the beggar from the dunghill.
- Other bible versions refer to the dunghill as the Ash heap (ESV), trash heap (ISV) trash pile (NIRV), garbage dump (NLT)
- A dunghill is a filthy place.
- A dunghill is a degraded place.
- A place of terrible stench.
- A place where unwanted items like food wastes, refuse and human wastes are disposed.
- A place where trash is piled up.
- A place of repulsion and avoidance.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE DUNGHILL SITUATION
- Psalm 113 v 7 & 8
v.7 “He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill”
v.8 “That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.”
- David attested to the transforming, lifting power of God here.
- A dunghill situation is
- A condition of wretchedness.
- A condition of Poverty & Penury.
- A state of shame, reproach and dishonour.
- Psalm 69 v 19
“Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.”
- A state of contempt and unexplainable mockery.
- A condition that makes one to be subjected to an undesirable lifestyle.
- A condition of bitter life devoid of sweetness, goodness and achievement.
3. DESCRIPTIONS OF DUNGHILL POWER
- John 10 v 10
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy, I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”,
- Power that keeps people in OBSCURITY.
- Power deleting destinies into the Dustbins of life.
- Power that wants you to remain perpetually in poverty.
- Power that makes mess of Talents and skills.
- Gifted but not lifted.
- Talented but
- Loaded with ideas but
- Gifted but not prospering.
- Anointed but suffering
- Well packaged but not patronised.
- Full of Brilliant ideas but
- Talented but not recognised.
- Talented but not recommended.
- Gifted but not reckoned with.
- Brilliant but
- Analytical but poor/not prospering.
- Educated but going round in circles.
- Skilled but besieged with vagabond spirits.
- Making money but nothing to show for it.
- Performing brilliantly in interviews but not selected.
- Beautiful but not married.
- Married, medically okay but not fruitful.
- Graduated with good grades but no job.
- Insightful but in a terrible mess.
- Full of ideas but no resources to take off.
- Power that makes the anointed not to prosper at all.
- Power that soils people’s garment of honour
- Power that buries efforts and rewards.
- Power that gathers waste and stench.
- Power chasing away patronage and favour.
- Power behind shameful isolation and avoidance.
- Power attracting wrong and unwanted people to one.
- Power keeping one in wrong places and wrong circles.
- Power keeping away destiny helpers and not allowing helpers to favour you.
- Power sponsoring acute stinking poverty.
- Power making one to swim in the ocean of embarrassment and loneliness.
- Power making one to be forgotten when good things are being distributed.
- Power behind rejection and refusal for no reason.
- Power behind addiction to negative things and bad habits.
- Power behind exchanging bigness with smallness.
- Power making good things not to be seen and patronized no matter the advertisement.
- Power that Makes a man to be tagged as good for nothing.
- Power that Silences the voice of the victims.
- Power that Removes the beauty in the victim’s life.
- Power that Makes the victim’s life to be repulsive of good things.
- Power that Disconnects the victim from society.
- Power that makes victims become object of sorrow.
- Power that makes victims to become nonentity in the family and society.
- Power that Removes the sweetness in the lives of the victims.
- Nobody wants to associate with the dunghill situation.
- Only the Power of God can subdue it.
- EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE WHO WERE BROUGHT OUT OF THE DUNGHIL
- Jeremiah 18 v 1 – 4
v.1 “The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,”
v.2 “Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.”
v.3 “Then I went down to the potter’s house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.”
v.4 “And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.”
- Blind Bartimaeus – Mark 10 v 46 – 52
- Jabez – 1 Chronicles 9 v 4
- Hannah – 1 Sam 1
- Saul – 1 Sam. 9 v 21 v 27; 10 v 1,6,9 – 11;
- David – 1 Sam. 16 v 11 – 13
- Woman with Issue of Blood – Mark 9 v 20 – 22
- Man at the pool of Bethesda – John 5 v 1 – 9
- GOD CAN BEAUTIFY YOUR LIFE AND LIFT YOU UP
- Psalm 90 v 17
“And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.”
- Psalm 3 v 3
“But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.”
- Psalm 126 v 1 & 2
v.1 “When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.”
v.2 “Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.”
- STEPS TO TAKE
- Heb 2 v 3
“How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him.”
- Self Examination
- Deliverance Prayers
- Seek God for Divine Direction
- Bible Study
- Maintenance Prayers
- Life is cruel to you.
- Nothing good has ever happened to you in life
- You have a natural endowment to make it in life but you are just down
- You are a shadow of your real self
- You are aging without any achievement in life.
- People avoid you like a terrible plague.
- You are hated without reasons.
- Nothing works in your hand
- Your life is full of mockery and disdain.
- You want to move to your next level, new space, new location.
- Our God can do all things.
O! yes, He can do all things
- Ah! Lord God, thou has made the heavens
And the earth by thy great power
- Power belongs to you/2x
In heaven and the Earth
- There is power mighty in the Blood
- 12 v 11
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
- Ask God for forgiveness and great mercy in Jesus name.
- According to Galatians 4 v 9, As a believer who knows his position in Christ, I reject dunghill bondage in Jesus name.
- According to 2 Tim. 2 v 26, I command the snare of dunghill power over my life to break in Jesus name.
- According to Psalms 124 v 7, from the snare of the dunghill power, I escape in Jesus name.
- Powers of the dunghill, I am no longer your candidate, I am a candidate for the throne of God. In Jesus name, loose your hold over my life.
- Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise and inaugurate me on the throne of Glory in Jesus name.
- According to 2 Sam. 5 v 3, Any Altar sponsoring dunghill power against me, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
- Power of the Dunghill, assigned to trouble my destiny, I reject you in Jesus name.
- According to Gal. 5 v 1, You power of the dunghill, making a mess of my life, by fire, by force, release me, let me go in Jesus name.
- According to Psalms 129 v 4, Cords of the wicked tying me down to dunghill situation, break by fire in Jesus name.
- According to Psalms 142 v 7, O! Lord my creator, bring my destiny out of the dunghill prison in Jesus name.
- Dunghill situations in my life, home and work, vanish now in Jesus name.
- According to Psalms 62 v 11, power of God to move from the dunghill to the Palace, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Stench of dunghill power in my life, home and work, evaporate by fire in Jesus name.
- Blood of Jesus, cleanse my destiny in Jesus name.
- According to Psalms 3 v 3, Power of God for ……………………, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Sudden lifting
- Sudden Elevation
- Sudden Breakthrough
- Sudden Turn around
- Sudden Testimonies
- Sudden Transformation
- Sudden Promotion
- Sudden Blessing
- Sudden Favour
- Sudden Global Recognition
- New ideas
- New Insights
- New Opportunities
- New Doors
- New Helpers
- New Things
- Good News
- Thank God for answered prayers.