- John 6 v 48 – 58
- 48 – I am the bread of life.
- 49 – Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
- 50 – This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
- 51 – I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
- 52 – The Jews therefore quarrelled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?”
- 53 – Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
- 54 – Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
- 55 – For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
- 56 – He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
- 57 – As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.
- 58 – This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
- 1 Cor. 10 v 16 – 22
Warning – V.21
- 21 – You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons.
- 1 Cor. 11 v 23 – 39
Warnings – V. 27 – 30
V.27 – Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
- 28 – But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
- 29 – For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
- 30 – For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep
SOME BENEFITS OF COMMUNION
- It transmits the very life of God
- John 6 v 51 – “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
- It transmits Healing
- Isaiah 53 v 5- “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.”
- It transmits Creative Abilities
- John 1 v 1-4; verse 3 – “that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.” (KJV)
- It transmits Grace for Fruitfulness, Productivity, Preservation and Security
- John 6 v 56
“He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.”
- John 15 v 4 – 7
V.4 – Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
- 5 – “I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
V.6 – If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
- 7 – If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
- It transmits Spiritual Stability, Alertness, Wisdom and Power
- Luke 2 v 46 – 47
V.46 – Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.”
V.47 – “And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers”
- It removes Coverings on your spiritual Eyes
- Luke 24 v 1 – 30 & 31
V.30 “Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.”
- 31 “Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.”
- Your spiritual antenna is sharpened as you take communion.
- Your access into the word of God will be enhanced.
- It confers on you Apostolic Grace & Spiritual Energy
- Acts 2 v 46
“So, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”
This is my body, broken for you
And as you eat it, remember me
There is power, power, wonder working power
In the blood of the Lamb.
O the blood of Jesus /3ce
Which washes white as snow.
As you break communion, make the following confessions:
- By this Communion, I receive a new strength to move forward in all areas of life: spiritually, financially, socially, etc, in the name of Jesus.
- By this Communion, I escape out of the snare of the fowler in Jesus’ name.
- By this Communion, I am healed in Jesus name: Every member of my family is healed in Jesus’ name; any disease in my body, you must leave now because of this Communion.
- By this Communion, Christ is boosted in me (Christ in me the hope of glory): whatsoever I lay my hands on shall prosper in the name of Jesus.
- Divine health is my portion; fruitfulness and advancement are my portion in Jesus name.
LORD, I make a declaration today:
- That because of this Communion, we begin to live like Jesus;
- Having stood in the gap for our family, they begin to enjoy divine health, in Jesus name;
- Anything not of God to pass out through our urination and defecation henceforth, by reason of this Communion, in the name of Jesus
- By this Communion, the troubles on our minds are banished, in the name of Jesus;
- No mental trouble, in Jesus’ name;
- By this Communion, let our wisdom and knowledge be enhanced, in the name of Jesus;
- By this Communion, we shall find direction to know what to do for our growth and development in the name of Jesus;
- By this Communion, let the dread and fear of God be in us; and in the realm of the spirit, when the enemies see us, they shall fear our God, in the name of Jesus;
- By this Communion, every strange label, strange mark or stamp is hereby cancelled in the name of Jesus;
- By this Communion, the Lord shall deliver us from every evil work, and will preserve us unto his heavenly kingdom, in Jesus’ name; and
- By this Communion, we receive uncommon favour: things hitherto impossible become possible in the name of Jesus.
- Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing Blood?
- What can wash my sins away
- I am thine O! Lord
- On a Hill far away, stood an old rugged cross
- My Faith looks up to thee
BY THIS COMMUNION, Receive …………………in Jesus precious name.
- Fruit of the Womb
- New Establishments
- Spiritual Gifts
- Fresh Ideas
- Marital Settlement
- Spiritual Fortification
- Joy & Gladness