1 Cor. 10 v 13
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
Luke 18 v 27
“And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God”.
Luke 1 v 37
“For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
Ps. 55 v 22
“Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.”
Ps. 9 v 9
“The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble”.
Ps. 46 v 10
“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Matt 11 v 28
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
1 Pet. 5 v 7
“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
Prov. 13 v 12
“Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.”
Prov. 3 v 5 & 6
Vs. 5 -” Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
Vs. 6 – “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
Deut. 31 v 4 – 8 (NLT)
Vs.4 – “The Lord will destroy the nations living in the land, just as he destroyed Sihon and Og, the kings of the Amorites.
Vs.5 – The Lord will hand over to you the people who live there, and you must deal with them as I have commanded you.
Vs.6 -So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
Vs.7 – Then Moses called for Joshua, and as all Israel watched, he said to him, “Be strong and courageous! For you will lead these people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors he would give them. You are the one who will divide it among them as their grants of land.
Vs.8 – Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
Many people are DISCOURAGED, tired of everything and about taking the second option. In fact, many are confused, the kind of Christianity they see does not portray the life of Christ and kingdom lifestyle.
- Many are looking for spiritual sanitation.
- Some don’t want to attend revival services again
- Many don’t study the Bible again.
- Christianity has become an illusion to many.
- Many have been disappointed by Christian leaders and are now afraid to move near any man or woman of God. Many don’t believe in Christian leaders again.
- Many are tired of praying without results, no testimonies, things remain the same; in fact, they getting worse.
- Many have been moving from one Church to another seeking solutions and are now tired.
- Many have started doubting if the POWER OF GOD AS OF THE OLD still exists.
- Many have lost their joy of salvation.
- Your initial experiences of Jesus are no longer there, you now serve God mechanically.
- In fact, many have started trying other means as the Church cannot offer solutions.
- Many reframe their own prayers when asked to pray as they are disillusioned about everything. No more joy of the Lord in their heart.
- Many are at the mercy of unbelievers to feed, pay school fees and for their general welfare.
- Many are being advised to go for help in Egypt as their born-again brethren cannot produce result.
- Many are committing sins in order to survive.
- Many people’s situations are truly LAMENTABLE.
- Beloved, remember that the Almighty God is available to give you a turn-around in Jesus name.
- Do not be anxious for anything. – Matthew 6 v 25 – 34
- Trust God on that matter.
- We may not know what the future holds but we know who holds the future.
- Enter into the rest of God on that matter. Isaiah 14 v 3 “And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve.”
- Don’t be stressed over someone’s poor choices, turn that person over unto God and protect your own peace.
- You can’t change that person but God can.
- Say to God, I hand over this person unto you.
- Don’t worry about what you cannot change.
- Hand over to God in Prayers.
- Allow God to do what only He can do.
- He is not limited but we are limited.
- Come back to a place of peace on that matter.
- Tell God, He is bigger than your problems
- He is the good shepherd – Psalm 23 v 1 – The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- He will bring you to a place of still water on that matter – Psalm 23 v 2 – He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
- Is there anything too hard for him?
- 18 v 14 – Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed, I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF DISCOURAGEMENT
I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me.
Judges 6:14 & 15
And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?
v.15 And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.
1 Kings 19:10
And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
Gen. 21:10 & 11
v.10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
v.11 And the thing was very grievous in Abraham’s sight because of his son.
HOW TO FIGHT DISCOURAGEMENT
- BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU HEAR
Deut. 1:28 & 29
Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there.
v.29 Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them.
- BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SEE
2 Kings 6:15- 18
And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
v.16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
v.17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
v.18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
- AVOID BITTERNESS AND EVIL COUNSEL
(Curse God and die) – Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.
- DON’T BE OVERWHELMED WITH PAINS
And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.
- STOP COMPLAINTS AND EXCUSES
Ruth 1: 20 & 21
(Naomi’s complaints) – And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me.
v.21 I went out full, and the LORD hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the LORD hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me?
- DON’T GIVE UP
If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
- SEE THINGS IN THE LIGHT OF GOD’S WORD
2 Cor.1 v 20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
- ADD A LITTLE PATIENCE TO YOUR FAITH
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
- MOVE WITH PEOPLE OF FAITH, NOT DOUBTERS, MOVE WITH DESTINY HELPERS AND NOT DEMOTERS.
1 Cor. 15:33
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
- STUDY, MEDITATE AND HEAR GOD’S WORD MORE.
- REFLECT ON WHAT GOD HAS DONE BEFORE AND TRUST HIM.
- PASTE ON YOUR WALLS THE PICTURES AND WRITTEN INSCRIPTION OF YOUR EXPECTED END RESULTS.
Habakkuk 2 v 2 – 3
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
v.3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
- LEARN TO PRAISE GOD, REJOICE AND APPRECIATE GOD.
- You are losing hope fast.
- It seems as if your case is defying solutions.
- Already, you are tired of everything.
- You are outwardly looking good but inwardly twisted.
- You are overwhelmed by what you are passing through.
- Physically speaking, what you are passing through is mocking your destiny.
- You are fast losing your mind, self-esteem and confidence.
- You are suicide-prone.
- It seems as if this life is cruel to you.
- You still trust God to make you laugh again and open a new chapter for you, to make you sing a new song very soon.
He is able, abundantly able
To deliver and to safe
Our God is able, abundantly able
To deliver those who trust in Him.
I know my redeemer liveth……
Unto thee O! Lord, do I lift up my soul……
Ah Lord God, thou hath made the heavens and the earth by thy great power…..
Our God can do all things, Oh yes He can do all things Oh yes
- I shall not be discouraged in Jesus name. Say it 7 times.
- Every weapon of discouragement against my life, I decree against you, you will not prosper in Jesus name.
- Every hold of discouragement on me in Jesus name, I break you today.
- Every cloud of discouragement and frustration around me, disappear in Jesus name.
- Every mountain of problem confronting me, scatter now in Jesus name.
- Arrows of discouragement fired into my life, back fire in Jesus name.
- Altars of discouragement assigned against my welfare, scatter in Jesus name.
- Fountain of discouragement, flowing into my life, dry up in Jesus name.
- Evil agreement assigned to discourage me, scatter in Jesus name.
- Spirit of confusion and discouragement assigned against my welfare/my work, die in Jesus name.
- Tongue of failure/assigned to bring discouragement my way, be silenced in Jesus name.
- Powers of oppression and oppressors, assigned to discourage me, expire in Jesus name.
- Witchcraft manipulation, Witchcraft bewitchment and zeal of the witchcraft assigned to discourage me, die by fire in Jesus name.
- Powers of condemnation from the pit of hell, assigned to discourage me, expire in Jesus name.
- Doors of discouragement opened against me, in the spirit realm and physical, be shut in Jesus name.
- Satanic critics and criticism, assigned to wage war against my next level, I shut you up in Jesus name.
- Discouragement programmed to manifest at the edge of my turnaround, expire in Jesus name.
- Multiple or repeated dreams of discouragement, die in Jesus name.
- Strange/Dark covenant, attracting discouragement into my life, break in Jesus name.
- Spirit of discouragement, in my life/work and family, I bind you in Jesus name.
- Idols of my father’s/mother’s/in-law’s house sponsoring discouragement against me, release me and die in Jesus name.
- Grace of God for divine encouragement, locate me in Jesus name.
- Anointing for divine encouragement, fall on me in Jesus name.
- Presence of God for enduring encouragement abide with me in Jesus name.
- Divine encounter for total achievement and uplifting, locate me in Jesus name.
- Voice of joy & gladness, fill my home/work/business/ Ministry in Jesus name.
- Testimonies of victory at last, locate me in Jesus name.