SOME BIBLICAL CASES OF THOSE GOD REMEMBERED
Remember me, O my God, concerning this, and do not wipe out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God, and for its services! …Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of Your mercy!
(Neh. 13:14, 22b, emphasis added)
- Obededom (1 Chr. 13:14)
- Mephibosheth (2 Sam. 9:1-end )
- Joseph ( 41:14-46)
- Mordecai ( 6:1-12; 8:1-2)
- Esther ( 2:15-18)
- Jabez (1 Chr. 4:9-10 )
- Hannah (1 Sam. 1:5-20)
- The man at the pool of Bethesda (John 5:2-9)
- Peter the fisherman (Luke 5:1-11)
- Blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52)
- Woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-34)
- Daughter of Abraham (Luke 13:11-17)
- The man born blind (John 9:1-7)
- Daughters of Zelophehad ( 27:1-11)
- Israel by the Red Sea ( 14:21-31)
- Paul and Silas (Acts 5:19; 12:7-11)
- The lame man at the Beautiful Gate (Acts 3)
- Jeremiah as he regained his freedom ( 40:1-4)
- The victim helped by the good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-36)
- The widow of Zarephath (1 Kings 17:1-24)
- The widow of Nain’s son about to be buried (Luke 7:11-17)
- Zacharias and Elizabeth (Luke 1)
- Jonah in the belly of the whale ( 2:1-10)
- Gift of a son to the Shunammite woman and the raising afterwards of the son from the dead (2 Kings 4:14-37)
- Daniel in the lion’s den ( 6:16-23)
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO PROVOKE GOD’S REMEMBRANCE
- Surrender your life at His invitation (John 3:3).
- Get sanctified and filled with Holy Ghost (Acts 1:4-5).
- Live a life of holiness (1 Pet. 1:15).
- Live a life of total obedience ( 28:1; Is. 1:1-19).
- Get to know Him personally daily through the Quiet Time ( 1:17-19).
- Live a life of absolute surrender and total yieldedness ( 2:20).
- Visit Calvary regularly for purging ( 3:1).
- Be heavenly-minded always (1 Pet. 4:7).
- Be faithful with your giving unto God – your tithes, first fruits, participation in kingdom projects, crusade seed, blessing God’s servants and helping the needy (See Acts 10 for the amazing story of Cornelius’ giving.).
- Intercede for others. Be a burden-bearer on the altar of prayer.
- Remember the widows, orphans and the fatherless, those who can’t feed, can’t pay their hospital bills, those in the prison, etc. (Matthew 25).
- Don’t let your mind and its logical reasons interfere with the laws and principles of God ( 3:8-12). The foolishness of God is wiser than men, always remember (1Cor.1:25).
- Shun a sinful lifestyle; sin is a barrier ( 6:1; Is. 59:1-2). Forgive when you stand to pray (Mark 11:25). Confess and forsake your sins; he who covers his sins shall not prosper (Prov. 28:13).
- Avoid bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, evil speaking, malice, envy, etc. ( 4: 26-31).
- Don’t be slothful; work hard ( 6:12; Prov. 18: 9). God will not remember a lazy person.
- Don’t go to Egypt for help, no matter the pressure. Remember Hannah. She waited enduringly on the Lord until God remembered her (1 Sam. 1&2; Is. 31:1-3).
- Serve God with all your heart at every duty post (John 12:24-26).
- Let the fear of God rule your life, no matter how highly placed you may be ( 19:23).
- Invest in other people, in humanity in general. Don’t store up wealth; spread it. Help the needy. Know that whatever you have you are holding in trust for God to carry out His agenda on earth. Ensure blameless stewardship of the riches of His grace and goodness. Be humble.
Learn to give thanks always unto the Lord, no matter the situation (1 Thess. 5:18).