Joshua 6:15 – 18; Joshua 7:1 – 26; 1 Sam. 15:10 – 23; Numbers 16:1 – 33; Matt. 26:47 – 50; Prov. 9:17; Eph. 4:28; Romans 3: 12 – 18; Romans 1:28 – 32; 1 King 18: 17, 18
“Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, to hearken than the fat of rams” 1 Sam. 15:22.
Sin in one’s life may become the troubler of his/her life. An idol in your family may be the troubler of that family and other hindrances to their blessings. Joshua sought the Lord and God revealed to him what caused the defeat of the Israelites in the battle against Ai. Likewise, you and I must seek the Lord when we are defeated in the battle of life. Where we should have succeeded, failure was the result. You need to ask God to reveal the causes through the help of the Holy Spirit before you progress in the battle of life.
SPIRITUAL MEANING OF ACHAN
- Achan means Covenants Breakers
- Achan means Covetousness
- Achan means Disobedience
- Achan means Delayers
- Achan means Troublers
The Achan in one’s life brings reproach or defeat into that life, marriage, finances and spiritual life e.g. marital delay and denial, poverty and spiritual backwardness etc. It could be as a result of your disobedience to God’s instructions or commandments. For instance, in your finances, until you put the principle of giving into practice, receiving becomes just a wishful thinking.
Achan in your life can make you over-labour, sweat and struggle without achieving your desired goals. Achan in you can make you trespass and do accursed things, which will attract negative effects to one’s life. Joshua noticed that defeat was not their portion because whosoever God supports must triumph in any battle; he sought the Lord and God revealed to him the Achan in the camp that caused their defeat.
Achan in a family as it was in the camp of Israel must be dealt with before victory can be sure. According to the scripture, Achan disobeyed the word of God: God said, do not touch anything and take not from the city. Likewise, many people today disobey God’s word. Disobeying God’s word is disobeying God.
Achan in a man’s life must be exposed and dealt with. This Achan may be works of the flesh. Gal. 5:19 – 21, when you study these scriptures, you will see that these are symbolically the Achan that causes setback in people’s lives.
Isaiah 59: 1 – 8, makes us realize that sin will cause the presence of God to depart from anyone that dabbles into it. Achan caused the presence of God to depart from the people of Israel when they committed sin.
With reference to the Book of Joshua 7:10 – 15 in relation with Isa. 59: 1 – 8, we are made to understand that sin committed by a man could cause serious havoc to all his generation, family, compound, place of work and ministry etc. Sin can cause stagnancy and retrogression in the above-mentioned areas of a man’s life.
Therefore, it is time to seek the Lord for help in one’s journey in order to have rest in life. Achan causes stagnation and defeat in life.
The solution is to cry unto the Lord for His divine strength to obey and do His will faithfully. The Lord is a faithful and merciful God, He will not neglect you.
WHAT ACHAN CAUSES IN A MAN’S LIFE
- Achan in a man’s life causes backwardness
- Achan causes negative influences
- Achan causes destruction of people’s lives. If care is not taken, a whole family or a generation can be destroyed.
- Achan in a man’s life causes defeat and setback in any battle of life.
- Achan terminates God’s presence in one’s life.
- Achan draws down the anger of the Lord upon one’s life, family, ministry etc. e.g. Joshua’s ministry.
WHAT TO DO TO CONQUER THE ACHAN IN YOUR LIFE
- Do spiritual check-up or warfare and immediately apply the words of God with effective and violent prayers to overcome Achan before it wounds your destiny.
- Call unto God to eliminate the Achan in your life and work on yourself spiritually i.e. You need to undergo thorough deliverance. Until you do that, there may be no restoration, peace, progress, etc. in that life. Deliberately stand against every Achan in your camp (life, family, marriage and ministry) and enjoy the entire blessings the Lord has destined for you and your family)
- Give thanks to God for His Mercy, Love and Compassion. Pray that His purpose for your life will be fulfilled
- Holy Spirit, my revealer, expose the Achan in my life, in Jesus name.
- Anything in me, making me to disobey God, die now, in Jesus name.
- Anything in me that gives Satan permission to manifest in my life, die in Jesus name.
- All the hidden accursed things in my family foundation, causing me problems and troubles, be burnt to ashes by fire, in Jesus name.
- Every valley of calamity in my life, be filled up by the Blood of Jesus, in Jesus name.
- Anything that will invoke the anger of the Lord upon my life, be nullified in Jesus name.
- All the troublers in my parental lineage troubling my life, die in Jesus name.
- All the troublers in my environment troubling my progress and greatness in life, die by fire in Jesus name.
- All hidden accursed things in my home, in my family, affecting me and my family negatively, die by fire in Jesus name.
- All hidden accursed things in my place of work, business, affecting my breakthrough, be destroyed, in Jesus name.
- Every work of the flesh that draws the anger of the Lord upon my life, fade away, in Jesus name.
- All hidden accursed things terminating God’s presence in my life, perish by fire in Jesus name.
- Every agreement with the satanic kingdom by my family elders in their days, claiming authority over my life, be nullified in Jesus name.
- Evil personality, troubling my Israel, receive the stone of destruction in Jesus name.
- Anything in me spiritual or physical attracting strange occurrences into my life or family, be exposed in Jesus name.
- Any battle packaged against me to delay my God-ordained blessings and breakthrough, be destroyed in Jesus name.
- You wall of delay and frustration, standing between me and my Rehoboth, after the order of the wall of Jericho, collapse by fire (chant collapse repeatedly) in Jesus name.
- Any power that wants me to suffer for an offence I have not committed, be exposed and disgraced by fire in Jesus name.
- Give thanks to God for answered prayers.