2 CHRONICLES 36:14-16, ISAIAH 43:1-2, ISAIAH 49:11, ECCLESIASTES 5:6, GENESIS 21:9-12, 1SAMUEL 17:42-51, 2KINGS 2:23-24, MATTHEW 27:29-31, 1CORINTHIANS 2:7-8, ACTS 12:21-23, NEHEMIAH 4:3-15
The Lord knows what I am passing through right now. He has given me the assurance that no matter what I am passing through, I will not die in it because I have been redeemed of the Lord, I have been brought with the precious blood of Jesus, He has called me by His name, He knows me and He will never forget me. Therefore, He will intervene in my matter, He will perform that good thing for me and I will have testimonies and manifest His promises in the name of Jesus. Isaiah 43:1-2.
“Moreover, all the leaders of the priests and the people transgressed more and more…And the LORD God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers… But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against His people, till there was no remedy.” 2Chronicles 36:14-16
To mock messengers of God is to mock God because He is the one who puts them in positions of authority; just as a child of God, who is genuinely born again should not be mocked. Whoever mocks a child of God puts himself or herself in danger of God’s wrath without remedy. God is jealous over every one of His children.
When I was a young boy in the sixties, my father, a goldsmith, had many apprentices and among them was a man called Mr. Claver Oruma nicknamed “who knows tomorrow”. One day, someone was maltreating me and Mr. Claver said “leave Wole alone because this Wole you are seeing is a great person. You are just seeing him as a small boy now but nobody knows tomorrow”. In 2011, we organized a crusade in my hometown and medical ministration was part of the package. As I was walking along the corridor of the surgery ward, I saw Mr. Claver; though he was old, I could still recognize him. I asked why he was there and he said he heard a church was conducting free medical service that he came to benefit from it. I asked if he remembered me and he said “NO”. I disclosed my identity and then called him his nickname. He was amazed when I told him it was the ministry God has committed into my hands that were doing the free medical service. Who knows tomorrow? Don’t mock anyone because you don’t know what tomorrow holds for that individual.
To mock means to insult, ridicule, humiliate, to treat with contempt, to say “this one cannot amount to anything”. But remember, the stone that was rejected by the builders became the chief cornerstone. “The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone” Psalm 118:22 (NKJV)Those who mocked God’s messengers in the bible incurred the wrath of God upon themselves “… But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against His people, till there was no remedy”. 2 Chronicles 36:14-16. Cry unto God to disgrace those mocking your destiny.
You must watch the way you use your mouth. Many people use their mouth against people, homes, businesses, children etc. But God is watching. “Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger of God that it was an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands? Ecclesiastes 5:6 (NKJV)” When you mock people, you may be pitching yourself against God especially if the person concerned is a child of God; your destiny may be closed up.
Any little help you can render or any good you can do today, do it and if that person is progressing, be happy. If you celebrate with people in their season, people will do the same with you in your season too. So also, if you mock people in their trying period, people will mock you too when your own season of trials come. Remember, whatever a man sows, he reaps.
“Be not deceived; God has not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” Galatians 6:7
Don’t ever join in planning evil against anybody in life because the wrath of God will rise up against such people and there may be no remedy. 2 Chronicles 36:14-16.
BIBLICAL CASES OF THOSE WHO WERE MOCKED AND THE CONSEQUENCES
- SARAH: Hagar was sent away. “And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. Wherefore she said unto Abraham, cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac…” Genesis 21:9-12
- DAVID: Goliath belittled David and because of that, God fought for him “And when the Philistine looked about and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance…Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied… So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him, but there was no sword in the hand of David.”. (1 Samuel 17:42-50)
- ELISHA: Two She-Bears tore forty-two children into pieces. “And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up, by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, go up, thou bald head; go up thou bald head… And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.” (2 Kings 2:23-24)
- JESUS: Those who crucified him regretted it. “…And they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! …And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him…” (Matthew 27:29-31)
“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” (1Corinthians 2:7-8)
- HEROD: He mocked God and God destroyed him. “And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, ‘it is the voice of a god, and not of a man’. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms and gave up the ghost.” (Acts 12:21-23)
- NEHEMIAH: God turned the counsel of their enemies to naught.
“Now Tobiah the Ammonite was by him, and he said, Even that which they build if a fox goes up, he shall even break down their stone wall …But it came to pass, that when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and the Arabians, and the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites, heard that the walls of Jerusalem were made up and that the breaches began to be stopped, then they were very wroth…And it came to pass when our enemies heard that it was known unto us, and God had brought their counsel to naught, that we returned all of us to the wall, every one unto his work.” (Nehemiah 4:3-15)
REASONS WHY THE ENEMIES MOCK
- To distract you because they can’t get to where you are.
- To make you lose focus.
- To make you feel worthless.
- To lower your self-esteem, self-worth, value, and confidence.
- To make you feel bad about yourself.
- To make you hate yourself and become suicidal.
- To make you a reproach.
- To make you give up too soon.
- To stop the good things going on in your life.
- For you to leave your position so they can occupy it.
- To make you ashamed of yourself.
- To make you stop what will lead you to success.
- To make you to start doubting your ability.
- To make you feel that God is powerless.
MOCKERS THAT MUST EXPIRE
- Repeating stubborn family stronghold mocking your salvation.
- Rights being denied.
- Cases of children bringing mockery and shame to the family.
- Health issues or re-occurring health issues.
- Financial issues mocking your well-being.
- Waiting so long for the fruit of the womb.
- Marital challenges.
Jesus had given us victory over every negative situation in life. Our number one Mocker is the devil himself and his primary pre-occupation is to stand against everything God stands for. He wants to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10a) in order to mock our salvation and ultimately God himself. But we have overcome the devil by the blood of Jesus and by the word of our testimony… Rev. 12:11. As you pray the following prayers, God will destroy those mocking your destinies in Jesus name
Arise oh Lord, let your enemies be scattered/3ce
Oh Lord my God, arise
- Oh Lord arise! Mock my mockers in the name of Jesus.
- Whatsoever is in my life, attracting mockery and insults, get out by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Oh, Lord! Judge those who have been appointed by satan to mock me, my work and my family in the name of Jesus.
- Oh, Lord! Ridicule those being used by the devil to ridicule me, my family and my work in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me a testimony that will cancel every mockery in my life in Jesus name.
- Every altar of mockery, raised against my life, work and family, scatter by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every channel open to ridicule and insults in my life, family and work, be shut by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Like you did for Sarah, let those laughing at me come back to laugh with me in the name of Jesus.
- Every terrible gang-up against me, scatter in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of embarrassing delay, scatter in the name of Jesus.
- Wherever I have been mocked, I shall be celebrated in the name of Jesus.
- Where I have been rejected, I shall be the chief cornerstone in the name of Jesus.
- Oh, Lord! Let your anger rise up against the mockers of my destiny in the name of Jesus.
- Anything, anyone, any group, any gang, mocking my destiny, oh Lord! Disgrace them in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil king mocking God in my life, you will end like Herod in the name of Jesus.