Ex. 2:23-25; 11:1; 14:14; 15:9-10,23; 17:14; 23:20,22; Deut. 7:15; Josh. 5:9; 1 Sam. 17:49-50; 28:12; 2 Chr. 20:14-15; Ps. 46:1; 55:22; 105:14-15; Zech. 2:8; Luke 5:1; John 6:37
For by strength no man shall prevail. Unless the LORD builds the house, they labour in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain (1 Sam. 2:9b; Ps. 127:1). O Lord my Father, I surrender this situation . . . (mention it) unto You, take over from me. I have put my trust and hope in You and I know I shall not be stranded. By Your help, Lord, let my destiny meet with Your favour that I may enter into Your goodness, in Jesus name.
Before God can take over any situation in our lives, we must forgive everyone who has offended us (Matt. 6:9-13; Eph. 4:26-32). But what is it to forgive?
- To forgive means to stop feeling angry at somebody who has done something against you, who has annoyed or upset you.
- Forgiveness is allowing God to be God: He knows and sees everything. And knows best what to do about the situation. It is handing it over to Him; giving Him the exclusive right to judge or correct.
- Forgiveness brings to you freedom and
- An offence you keep becomes a fence between you and God.
- Since God has forgiven us unconditionally when we did not deserve it, we are to forgive others that same way, too ( 4:32). Exactly what He has done for us He asks and requires of us to do for others.
BIBLICAL CASES WHEN GOD TOOK OVER
- In the beginning the earth was formless and desolate. Darkness was all over the raging ocean that covered everything. God took over, His Spirit moved. He created light out of the darkness; and then day and night, the skies, land, sea, plants and trees, the sun, moon and stars and . . . man on the sixth day (Gen. 1).
- When the children of Israel cried to God in bondage, He heard their cry and took over. He arranged for a deliverer, Moses. God got Moses’ attention through the bush burning that was not consumed with fire (Ex. 3:2).
When God takes over, he arranges for an escape beyond your imagination.
- At Pharaoh’s palace, God took over. Aaron’s rod turned into a snake (Ex. 7:10 & 12). All the waters in the river turned to blood (Ex. 7:20). Frogs came out of the waters and covered the land of Egypt (Ex. 8:6). All the dust of the land became lice throughout the land of Egypt (Ex. 8:16 & 17). When God takes over, the finger of God will appear and stop any form of manipulation.
- 4. At the Red Sea God took over and the sea parted ( 14:21). The ransomed of the Lord passed through on dry ground, with walls of water on both sides (v. 22). The water returned and covered the chariots, the horsemen, and all the army of Pharaoh (v. 28).When God takes over at your Red sea, He fights for you and you hold your peace (Ex. 14:14).
- At Jordan He took over and at Jericho also He took over (Josh. 3:14-17; 6:1-20).
- At Marah He took over and bitter water was sweetened – sorrow to joy
- God took over in the wilderness and daily manna was sent, except on the Sabbath
day (Ex. 16:14-35).
- Nadab and Abihu were consumed for offering a strange fire before the Lord – vengeance
- The earth swallowed Dathan, Korah and Abiram – vengeance (Num. 16: 31-32).
- The wall of Jericho fell down – obstruction and barrier removed (Josh. 6:1-20).
- Iron axe-head was made to swim up to the surface – recovery (2 Kings 6:5-7).
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were delivered from the furnace (Dan. 3:19-27).
- Daniel was saved in the den of lions – deliverance (Dan. 6:16-23).
- Impotent man was made whole at the pool of Bethesda – healing (John 5:1-9).
- Lazarus was raised from the dead at Bethany – restoration (John 11:38-44).
- The outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost with signs following – outpouring of power
17 The lame man at the Beautiful Gate was raised to walk – hope restored (Acts 3).
18 Angels opened the prison gates – angelic assistance (Acts 5).
- Paul unharmed by the viper – safety and preservation (Acts 28:3-5).
- Zacharias and Elizabeth, the parents of John – longstanding barrenness destroyed
WHEN GOD TAKES OVER
- He makes your past a history for tomorrow’s testimonies.
- He changes your level, position, or status.
- He makes impossibilities possible.
- He removes all obstacles.
- He levels all mountains and their builders.
- He confronts your stubborn Goliath.
- He gives you honey out of the rock and not from the stinging bees.
- He takes over and fights your battles.
- He gives you direction and backup.
- He delivers you from the powers of darkness.
- He makes you great and increases your greatness ( 71:21; Gen 12: 2; Jer. 30:19)
- He heals your medically written off diseases.
- He takes away your shame and reproach ( 33:6; Is. 62:1- 5).
- He empowers you to become what He created you to be ( 1:11).
- He restructures and re-organises you completely.
- He touches all the departments of your life and gives you value because anything God touches is imparted worth.
- He brings you out of horrible pits and traps ( 140).
- He makes your mess a message.
- He makes you to arise, stand and shine.
- He gives you a new beginning.
- He protects, preserves, provides for you.
- He changes your story and makes your life a wonder, no matter your background.
- He makes your enemies tremble before you.
- He daily loads you with benefits.
- He barricades your life with His wall of protection, joy and happiness.
FOR GOD TO TAKE OVER
- Surrender your life at His Invitation (John 3: 3).
- Get sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost (Acts 1: 4-5).
- Live a life of holiness (1 Pet. 1:15).
- Live a life of obedience ( 28:1; Is. 1:19).
- Get to know Him personally through the daily Quiet Time ( 1:17-19).
- Live a life of absolute surrender and total yieldedness ( 2:20).
- Visit Calvary regularly for purging ( 3:1).
Be heavenly-minded always (Col. 3:2; 1 Pet. 4:7).
- O Lord, take over my life affairs, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, wherever I have failed, take over, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, wherever I am helpless and confused, take over, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, whenever I need urgent help, take over, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, wherever I need a touch of healing, take over, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, in any way I need provision, take over, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, wherever my family needs Your settlement, take over, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, in any area I must be restored, take over, in Jesus name.
- Concerning . . .
- . . . my wife and children, O Lord, take over.
- . . . my work and project, O Lord, take over.
- . . . my expectations, O Lord, take over.
- . . . my finances, O Lord, take over.
- . . . my spiritual growth, O Lord, take over.
- . . . my tomorrow, O Lord, take over.
- . . . my progress, O Lord, take over.
- O Lord, by Your power, make my life a wonder, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, empower me for a new beginning, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, take over my destiny to give my life meaning and purpose, in Jesus name.
- Holy Father, by Your great power, take my destiny out of the horrible pit, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, let Your finger arise and stop all manipulations in my life, in Jesus name.
- Almighty God, let not my life go the way enemy wants it, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, let not the wicked prevail over me, in Jesus name.
- My Father, let my angel of testimonies locate me, in Jesus name.
- I shall laugh last, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, let Your power of fulfillment possess my life, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, glorify Yourself in my life, in Jesus name.