Mark 10 v 27; Matthew 18 v 18 & 19; Psalm 71 v 1; Psalm 31 v 1; Exodus 33 v 14; Isaiah 61 v 7; Deut. 1 v 6; Deut. 2 v 3; Micah 2 v 10; Isaiah 45 v 1-3; Isaiah 54 v 2 & 3; Deut. 12 v 7; Ps. 130 v 7; Isaiah 14 v 3
By the strength of the Lord’s arm, I shall make progress and I will enter into that place of destiny fulfillment which the Lord has prepared for me. (Exodus 23 v 20)
God has a plan of progress and accomplishment for His people. He said to Jeremiah in Jer. 29 v 11: “For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, plans of peace and not of evil, to give you a hope and a future”.
Beloved, it is noteworthy to understand that anything standing against your making progress is against the plan of God for your life, so you must pray like never before against principalities, powers, and rulers of darkness that have been assigned to hinder your progressive movement.
Prayers cannot be answered until they are prayed. The greatest tragedy in life may not be an unanswered prayer, but unoffered one.
There are four ways in which God usually responds to prayer. God can choose any of the following to attend to a prayer request:
- No! It’s not yet time – meaning you should wait
- No! It’s not my will – meaning it is dangerous for your future
- Yes! I thought you would never ask – meaning it is approved
- Yes! there is much more for you than you have asked (overflowing measure) cup running over.
You are not supposed to be on the same spot on any issue whatsoever. If our God is a progressive God, then we His children must manifest the same. The book of Deuteronomy 1 vs 6 & 7 says: “Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount: turn you, and take your journey”. From today, you will begin to make progress positively in Jesus name.
EXAMPLES OF SCRIPTURAL PRAYERS THAT MOVED PEOPLE FORWARD.
- Abraham’s Servant’s Prayer for Guidance – Gen. 24 v 12-14
“And he said, O Lord God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day and shew kindness unto my master Abraham. Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water: and let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master”.
- Isaac’s blessings on Jacob – Genesis 27 v 28-29
“Therefore, God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine: let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother’s sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee”.
- The Prayer of Jabez – 1 Chronicles 4 v 10
“And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested”.
- Jacob’s desperate prayers at Peniel – Gen. 32 v 9-11
“And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children”.
- Joshua prays for time to complete his victory at Ajalon and Gibeon – Joshua 10 vs 12-14
“Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So, the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord hearkened unto the voice of man; for the Lord fought for Israel”.
JOSEPH- A CASE STUDY
There are certain criteria, qualities, or characteristics one must possess as well as certain situations that must be in place in order to access the possibility of making progress. Joseph possessed these qualities, some of which are highlighted below:
- Joseph had a vision of his tomorrow – Gen. 37 v 5 & 10
- He knew the purpose of God for his life – Gen. 49 v 22-26
- He met a DESTINY HELPER – Gen. 37 v 15
Joseph met a certain man in Shechem who connected him to his journey to greatness in Egypt. There are some people you must meet, while some you must not, in order to move forward and go upward in life. In the journey of life, there are also destiny lifters as well as destiny reducers.
- Joseph was a goodly person and well favoured in Potiphar’s house – Gen. 39 v 6. You need God’s uncommon, unusual favour to move forward and upward in life.
- Joseph shunned sexual immorality with his master’s wife who tried to seduce him. He was lied against and consequently sent into prison but he maintained his stand to please God, though it was a painful experience. Gen. 39 v 7-9.
- God showed Joseph mercy and favour whilst in the prison Gen. 39 v 21-23. No matter the trials you are going through now, mercy and favour of God will bail you out in Jesus name.
- In the prison, God’s gift of dreams manifested in him. Gen. 40 v 12-13. There is a gift inside of you that no other person has. Let God use it to move you forward and upward in the name of Jesus.
- Joseph was disappointed by the Chief Butler who promised to remember him, but one striking thing about Joseph was that he was not bitter about the disappointment. Gen. 40 v 23. After two years, an event happened that made the same man who disappointed him to remember him.
- For you to move upward and forward, look unto God and not man for rewards. God is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him – Heb. 11:6b
- The best you can get from man is disappointment – Psalm 39:5.
- The agenda and arrangement of God are different from that of man – Isaiah 55:8-9.
- Don’t be bitter. Bitterness is cancerous. It will mess up any beautiful destiny that is climbing up the ladder of success. Eph. 4 v 31 & 32.
- You have a future to protect.
Majority of people that cause you bitterness are usually not the ordained helpers to move you forward or upward; they are destiny mockers, quenchers or extinguishers. It is better for you to be envied than to be pitied.
- Look unto God the author and finisher of your faith.
The Vision God gave Joseph came alive to him when the Chief Butler disappointed him, but at the appointed time God showed up. People may not appreciate or see what you are seeing. Let the future dreams and visions God has shown you move you into action always; don’t allow what vision killers do to trouble you. God has hidden your future from them. Hallelujah!!!
I have been mocked severally in many quarters in the past, but the visions God had shown me are so powerful and have kept me on till today. I refused to reflect on the pictures that the detractors were painting. I focused only on what God had shown me and here we are (in CLAM) today celebrating the Great Grace of God. Do you know that what you are experiencing is just the beginning of new things for you and I? God will yet do more. Rejoice! Greater joy is coming your way. I see you making it big in life in Jesus name.
- Finally, Joseph’s gift made a way for him. Gen. 41 v 1-46. At exactly thirty years of age, he got to the zenith of success by being made a Ruler over all the Land of Egypt. His gift of interpreting dreams made it possible.
Arise, gird your loins and Move forward as you pray these destiny-fulfilling prayers in Jesus in Jesus name.
- Anointing for unlimited progress, by the hand of the almighty God, fall upon me in Jesus name.
- My destiny, hear the voice of the Lord, according to Exodus 14:15-16, begin to make progress in Jesus name.
- O Lord my father! Make a way for me where there is no way in Jesus name.
- Anything preventing me and my family from making progress, hear the word of God, GIVE WAY by fire in Jesus name
- O Lord my father! Take me from where I am, to where you want me to be in Jesus name.
- I soak my destiny inside the anointing of success, breakthrough, and progress in Jesus name.
- As from today, any step I take shall lead to outstanding success in Jesus name.
- I shall prevail with God and man in Jesus name.
- Any battle surrounding my progress, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
- Any dark power holding me down in the house of delay and disappointment: enough is enough! In the name of Jesus release me and let me go.
- Any chain tying me down to where I don’t belong, by fire by thunder, break in Jesus name.
Begin to bless the name of the Lord for answered prayers, for the grace to make progress in the precious name of JESUS. Amen!
JESUS IS LORD