Ps. 121:1 – 8; Ps. 123; Rom. 9:14 – 16, 1 Cor. 3:6 – 7; Ps. 51, Ps. 56, Ps. 57: 1-3; Jos. 10: 11-14, Judges 6 & 7; Matt 17:24 – 27; 2Kings 4:1-7; Acts 5:18-19; John 5:1-9, Eccl. 11:3
Ps. 102:13 – Thou shall arise and have mercy upon my Zion, for the time to favour me, ye the set time has come.
WHY DO WE NEED DIVINE INTERVENTION?
1. Every great and outstanding achievement is life’s answer to God’s intervention.
2. Many wonderful dreams can only be fulfilled by God’s intervention.
3. Men and Women who had depended on their own strength had failed, woefully.
4. Divine intervention puts an end to prolonged delay.
5. Divine intervention removes barriers of any kind.
6. Divine intervention prevents one from dancing round the mountain without climbing up.
7. Divine intervention brings you out of the PIT of reproaches, confusion and sudden death.
8. Divine intervention makes your ground hitherto barren to yield her increase.
9. Divine intervention makes your heaven to open and release her dews upon you.
10. Divine intervention makes your cloud that is full of rain to pour it down.
11. Divine intervention enables you to know the secrets behind what you are passing through and the solutions to them.
12. Divine intervention makes all stubborn enemies of your life to stop their wickedness and face the wrath of God.
13. Divine intervention sponsors sudden miracles and elevation in your life like Joseph.
14. Divine intervention makes you win any battle in life and destroys the enemies that have gained upper hands before now.
15. Divine intervention removes sweat and struggles and hard bondage from your life.
16. Divine intervention makes you to be CELEBRATED where you have failed before.
17. Divine intervention will make helpers to remember you after the order of Mordechai and King Ahasuerus.
18. Divine intervention prevents you from dying before your time and brings back to life any good thing that had died which shouldn’t have died after the other of Lazarus.
19. Divine intervention makes your prayers to turn to testimonies. It stops “praying without answers”.
20. Divine intervention will make you not to waste your productive years, it will enable your ways to be smooth with the leading of the Holy Spirit.
BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF DIVINE INTERVENTION
1. HEAVENLY INTERVENTION
• Joshua 10:11-14
v.11 “And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.”
v.12 “Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.”
v.13 “And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.”
v.14 “And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.”
• Judges 5 v 20
“Praise ye the LORD for the avenging of Israel, when the people willingly offered themselves.”
• Judges 5:20
“They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera”.
• Joshua 10:11-14
2. FINANCIAL INTERVENTION:
Matt. 17 v 24 – 27
v.24 “And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?”
v.25 “He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, what thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?”
v.26 “Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, then are the children free.
v.27 “Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.”
3. DEBT SETTLEMENT INTERVENTION:
2 Kings 4 v 1-7
v.4 “Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.”
v.2 “And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.”
v.3 “Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.”
v.4 “And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.”
v.5 “So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.”
v.6 “And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.”
v.7 “Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.”
(Elisha vs wife of the sons of the prophet v.7 “Go, sell the oil and pay your debt”).
4. ANGELIC INTERVENTION:
Angel opened the prison doors.
• Acts 5 v 17 – 20
v.17 “Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,”
v.18 “And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.”
v.19 “But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,”
v.20” Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.”
5. HEALING INTERVENTION:
Man, by the pool of Bethesda
• John 5 v 1 – 4
v.1 “After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.”
v.2 “Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.”
v.3 “In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.”
v.4 “For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.”
• Acts 3 v 6 – 9 (Man at the Beautiful Gate)
v.6 “Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
v.7 “And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.”
v.8 “And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.”
v.9 “And all the people saw him walking and praising God.”
6. SECURITY INTERVENTION (Daniel in the Lion’s Den)
• Daniel 6 v 13 – 22
v.13 “Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.”
v.14 “Then the king, when he heard these words, was sore displeased with himself, and set his heart on Daniel to deliver him: and he laboured till the going down of the sun to deliver him.”
v.15 “Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.”
v.16 “Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee.”
v.17 “And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.”
v.18 “Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musick brought before him: and his sleep went from him.”
v.19 “Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.
v.20 “And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?”
v.21 “Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.”
v.22 “My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.”
7. PROTECTION/RESCUE INTERVENTION- (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego)
• Daniel 3 v 22 – 25
v.22 “Therefore because the king’s commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.”
v.23 “And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.”
v.24 “Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.”
v.25 “He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the
8. TURN AROUND INTERVENTION (Obed-Edom)
• Psalm 126 v 1 – 6
v.1 “When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.”
v.2 “Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.”
v.3 “The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.”
v.4 “Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south.”
v.5 “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.”
v.6 “He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.”
9. RESTORATION INTERVENTION
• 2 Kings 8 v 1 – 6
v.1 “Then spake Elisha unto the woman, whose son he had restored to life, saying, Arise, and go thou and thine household, and sojourn wheresoever thou canst sojourn: for the LORD hath called for a famine; and it shall also come upon the land seven years.”
v.2 “And the woman arose, and did after the saying of the man of God: and she went with her household, and sojourned in the land of the Philistines seven years.”
v.3 “And it came to pass at the seven years’ end, that the woman returned out of the land of the Philistines: and she went forth to cry unto the king for her house and for her land.”
v.4 “And the king talked with Gehazi the servant of the man of God, saying, Tell me, I pray thee, all the great things that Elisha hath done.”
v.5 “And it came to pass, as he was telling the king how he had restored a dead body to life, that, behold, the woman, whose son he had restored to life, cried to the king for her house and for her land. And Gehazi said, My lord, O king, this is the woman, and this is her son, whom Elisha restored to life.”
v.6 “And when the king asked the woman, she told him. So the king appointed unto her a certain officer, saying, Restore all that was hers, and all the fruits of the field since the day that she left the land, even until now.”
WHY MUST GOD INTERVENE BY HIS MERCY
1 Mercy is part and parcel of His sovereign nature – Romans 9:14-16. By mercy, something must go down for you to rise. God shows mercy. He is compassionate.
2 He brings increase by His mercy – I Cor. 3:6 – 7. God gives increase
3 A cry for mercy is a key to access God, having done all and failed or advanced just a little.
A Cry for Mercy means:
• O! Lord I can’t go further
• O! Lord I am tired and confused
• O! Lord prove yourself, I’m alone
• O! Lord Do something now or your name will be reproached
• O! Lord which way out, make a way fast
• O! Lord can my dry bones live again?
• O! Lord change the pattern of my achievement.
1. By mercy your throne (Marital, financial can be established) – Isa. 16:5
2. In the Multitude of God’s tender mercies, David approached God for forgiveness by the fact that He is a merciful God – Ps. 51:1
1. Mercy will save you from being swallowed up – Ps. 56:1
2. Mercy will deliver you from oppression
3. Mercy will challenge those who delight in war against you. Ps. 68:30
4. Mercy brings compassion of God to you
5. Psalm 57: 1-3.
Vs 1. Mercy offers you security & refuge against attacks, robbery, assassination and accident; Mercy will keep you alive until calamities are over
Vs 2. Mercy brings performances into your life.
Vs 3. Mercy saves you from reproaches
6. Mercy delivers you from sudden death
7. Mercy will locate you to terminate long-time affliction. John 5 – Man by the pool of Bethesda
Vs.3 – A great multitude of impotent folk waiting for the moving of the water
Vs.6 – Jesus saw a certain man, lame and had been in that position for 38 years.
Vs. 9 – Jesus intervened and He was made whole.
Mercy singled out that man, (mercy will single you out)
8. Mercy provokes your miracles
9. Mercy justifies you for greatness
10. Mercy terminates long time problems
11. Mercy brings HEALING
12. Mercy opens doors of opportunities
13. Mercy can bring you into remembrance
14. Mercy qualifies you for uncommon favour
Mark 10 – Blind Bartimaeus first asked for MERCY before asking for His eyes to be opened. A prayer of desperation must be preceded by the prayer of MERCY
1. By your intervention O Lord, let all my departed Glory be restored in Jesus name.
2. By your intervention O Lord, let all my captured blessings be released in Jesus name.
3. By your intervention O Lord let all my delayed miracles and achievements manifest now in Jesus name.
4. By your intervention O Lord, let all my positive dreams manifest physically in Jesus name.
5. By your intervention O Lord, let all the wrong steps I have taken in life, be corrected in Jesus name.
6. By your intervention O! Lord, let all the cloud of failure over my life fade away in Jesus name.
7. By your intervention O! Lord, I walk into my breakthrough, advancement, helpers in Jesus name.
8. By your mercy O! Lord, single me out for a miracle in Jesus name.
9. By the mercy of the Almighty God, all my pending breakthrough, manifest in Jesus name.
10. By the mercy of God, sweat and struggles in my life be terminated in Jesus name.
11. By the mercy of God, all my benefits in chains, loose now in Jesus name.
12. By your mercy O Lord, let my book of remembrance be opened in Jesus name
13. By your mercy O Lord, all my doors of opportunities be opened in Jesus name.
14. By your mercy O Lord, raise me up, to the next level of achievement in Jesus name
15. By your mercy O Lord, fill my cup to be running over in Jesus name.
16. By your mercy O Lord, let the air of comfort blow into my life in Jesus name.
17. Every area of my life, be withdrawn from any evil control in Jesus name.
18. All the problems I have caused with my mouth, be reversed in Jesus name.
19. My head and shoulder, be delivered from any evil burden in Jesus name (Isa. 10:11)
20. Holy Spirit empower me to fight back in the Spirit realm in Jesus name.
21. Any area of my life following wrong directions, I command you, adjust and be normalized in Jesus name.
22. You, anti-progress altar built against my life, scatter by fire in Jesus name.
23. Evil powers delaying my miracles, be paralyzed in Jesus name
24. Satanic agents attacking me in form of a CAT, BIRD, ANIMAL, REPTILE, SPIDER, SHADOW, INSECT, die by fire in Jesus name.
25. All my hidden oppressors, receive leprosy in Jesus name.
26. Anointing of an overcomer, fall on me in Jesus name.
27. Anointing to possess my possession, fall on me in Jesus name.
28. Anointing to escape accident and sudden death, fall on me in Jesus name.
29. Anointing to fulfill my days, fall on me in Jesus name.
30. Anointing to progress in life, fall on me in Jesus name.
31. Anointing to encounter God, fall on me in Jesus name.
32. Anointing for divine solution to my problems, fall on me in Jesus name.
33. Anointing that cannot be molested, fall on me in Jesus name.
34. Anointing to start and finish well, fall on me in Jesus name
JESUS IS LORD